Luke Sayers - PWC Scandal

Remove this Banner Ad

Carton need to serious drop the fake mafia/dodgy billionaire culture. For the past 50 years they have invited absolute scumbags onto the board as long as they have money. Time to get with the modern times and look to add integrity and skills, not just money and slimeballs.

Heard from a few PWC partners not in the tax area.
They think it's all an unfair media vendetta against them.

Seriously what a pack of campaigners.

Well its unfair for the guys in say their consulting practice who have nothing to do with tax.

In reality they would sell their own mother for a big sale, so its hard to feel sorry for them.

Well its unfair for the guys in say their consulting practice who have nothing to do with tax.

In reality they would sell their own mother for a big sale, so its hard to feel sorry for them.
It is unfair. No doubt.

But I guess when you reap the benefits of the PwC name - you've got to also take the hits.

It is unfair. No doubt.

But I guess when you reap the benefits of the PwC name - you've got to also take the hits.
It's not unfair, because of the reason you have stated. These guys are happy to trade off the name when it's all sunshine's and rainbows but quick to cry poor when they are found out.

What makes the PwC thing even better (or worse, depends on perspective) is the absolute holier than thou, know-it-all culture they trade off.

It's not unfair, because of the reason you have stated. These guys are happy to trade off the name when it's all sunshine's and rainbows but quick to cry poor when they are found out.

What makes the PwC thing even better (or worse, depends on perspective) is the absolute holier than thou, know-it-all culture they trade off.

Organizations like this are characterized by one common trait, when things are great their employees are happy to trade off the brand value of the company logo. But when things go wrong, its like a bunch of cockroaches scurrying off when you turn the lights on.

Its tough though for some poor bastard doing the right thing & no direct input into that area of the business. Its not as if the partners sit round a table in say Perth when the decision makers are in Melbourne & Sydney.
There will be collateral damage as they are 'all tarred with the same brush'.

Its tough though for some poor bastard doing the right thing & no direct input into that area of the business. Its not as if the partners sit round a table in say Perth when the decision makers are in Melbourne & Sydney.
There will be collateral damage as they are 'all tarred with the same brush'.
Yep but they also benefit from that "same brush" when they get the golden glow of the brand and associated status when things are going well

You can also sit around the table in Perth and trade in th good name earned elsewhere.

So makes it hard to be sympathetic.

But thats not what they were saying.

They were saying the tax people did nothing wrong at all and it's all a media beat up and political vendetta.

But thats not what they were saying.

They were saying the tax people did nothing wrong at all and it's all a media beat up and political vendetta.
I dunno. If I know anything about a big 4 it’s how quickly one partner will throw another under the bus for the slightest edge.

Most PwC people I know have been running the narrative that they never knew what tax was up to and if they did they would have stopped it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does the AFL need to investigate Carlton, If Sayer cheated the system then what would stop him from salary cap breaches or doping. Time for a external review into Carlton.
Oh you poor little thing. It's Tuesday buddy, move on to the next game.

Does the AFL need to investigate Carlton, If Sayer cheated the system then what would stop him from salary cap breaches or doping. Time for a external review into Carlton.
I haven't seen this much mental anguish on a Tuesday since that time I shelved at Revs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back