Recommitted Tom Barrass [OOC 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Depends how badly Sydney want him. WC don't have much leverage unless they are dead keen.

A 4 year contract isn't leverage?

They won't be handing the Swans a key missing player for a pick in the teens.

Both clubs are honest traders. They will sort it out.

Eagles will need to pay at least $200k for COLA. They pay more Swans get more cap space to play with elsewhere.;):cool:

No way Barrass is worth a top 10 pick! Barrass has played for 9 seasons now and is yet to play a season where he doesn't miss games due to injury. He turns 28 very soon so the injuries are likely to increase.
VFL AFL media and any other media that says differently are so biased and full of sh*t its a joke. Twomey (and plenty of others) hate the Swans

Swans pick potentially won't be a top 10 pick.

No way Barrass is worth a top 10 pick! Barrass has played for 9 seasons now and is yet to play a season where he doesn't miss games due to injury. He turns 28 very soon so the injuries are likely to increase.
VFL AFL media and any other media that says differently are so biased and full of sh*t its a joke. Twomey (and plenty of others) hate the Swans
It's subjective, I'm sure there are plenty of people who would say he is worthy of a top 10 pick.

Swans are clearly interested and rightly so, they really need a key defender.

Tom Barrass in form is a big, big problem for the opposition. You'd be much better with him.

He's a reigning club champion and far better than any defender on your list, as well as having a 4 year contract.

It's you who has no clue.
Hes all those things and more..
Hes nearly 28yo, hes on a highly paid contract and hes very injury prone. Nothing worse than an injured player (you should understand that), except a highly paid injured player that cost truckloads in draft capital and plays a key position.

If he was out of contract would he be worth it? If the Swans finished with the wooden spoon (impossible this year), would the media be saying hes worth a late 1st rounder? Thats the situation Dawson was in 2 years ago and thats what the media was saying he was worth. He went on to finish 2nd in the crows b&f and at the end of his 1st year he became captain. He was 4 years younger and not injury prone.

If Barrass finishes top 5 in the Swans b&f then maybe fair enough. If he misses the finals due to injury then hes not worth sh*t

Hes all those things and more..
Hes nearly 28yo, hes on a highly paid contract and hes very injury prone. Nothing worse than an injured player (you should understand that), except a highly paid injured player that cost truckloads in draft capital and plays a key position.

If he was out of contract would he be worth it? If the Swans finished with the wooden spoon (impossible this year), would the media be saying hes worth a late 1st rounder? Thats the situation Dawson was in 2 years ago and thats what the media was saying he was worth. He went on to finish 2nd in the crows b&f and at the end of his 1st year he became captain. He was 4 years younger and not injury prone.

If Barrass finishes top 5 in the Swans b&f then maybe fair enough. If he misses the finals due to injury then hes not worth sh*t
He's not that injury prone mate, it's not McGovern you're trading for.

He also has 4 more years left on his contract.

You want to move a reigning club champion key position player, who is also under a long term contract? You pay up.

End of story.

Whinges about Vic bias about a WA team. Checks out

He's not that injury prone mate, it's not McGovern you're trading for.

He also has 4 more years left on his contract.

You want to move a reigning club champion key position player, who is also under a long term contract? You pay up.

End of story.
I understand that hes under contract etc and therefore you pay up.. well sometmes.. that wasn't the case with Brodie Grundy who was an All Australian Ruck, nor was it the case of Bowes to Geelong.
But I dont want to move your contracted reigning club champion.. Hes got a fractured back! He also missed a few games earlier in the season with a hip complaint

Not up to me though..
ps. Im not questioning his talent, just his cost especially considering his injury history

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I understand that hes under contract etc and therefore you pay up.. well sometmes.. that wasn't the case with Brodie Grundy who was an All Australian Ruck, nor was it the case of Bowes to Geelong.
But I dont want to move your contracted reigning club champion.. Hes got a fractured back! He also missed a few games earlier in the season with a hip complaint

Not up to me though..
ps. Im not questioning his talent, just his cost especially considering his injury history
Those 2 players you used as examples are irrelevant because they were both salary dumps from their clubs.

WCE aren't shopping Barrass, it's Sydney doing the chasing. Barrass is reportedly happy to stay but also would entertain a move if it benefits WCE.

If the offer is a low-ball, expect him to stay.

Having said that, him suddenly out for the season with a previously unannounced injury would indicate the cue's in the rack so he's in best condition for Sydney's preseason.

let's face it, him playing will make no difference anyway.

Top 10 pick and it is in Eagles favour, which is how the trade should be with a 4 year contract

Now Barrass out for the year with a back fracture, might have played his last game for WCE

Does not fill me with confidence.

That and never having a full season of games in his career and... yeah.

Add 22 OR take out 19 (with WC a chunk of the contract) is what I think it'll be but we'll see

Look like it's happening anyway
As a Swans fair I've had a enough of us going to the draft so I'll be happy to get a ready made player in Barrass. Still has plenty left in the tank imo.

On SM-A515F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back