Autopsy Dogs apparently NOT out coached again... but still find a way to lose 78 v 73

Remove this Banner Ad

There's a lot of things that were terrible about that game, but a special fresh in my mind shout out to Vandermeer for his abysmal efforts in the last 5 minutes. Messed up 2 very dangerous forward entries and one that looked like it was working our way.

A difficult day against pretty good opposition. Taylor is supreme at intercept marking.

Really shouldn't have allowed another run of goals in tricky conditions when 29 points up. Criminal. We can't defend quick direct footy unless we're dominant in the clearances. When sides start to half the clearances and find space we're stuffed. Our zonal defence ends up in a zone of wasteland.

Disappointed that Bont was so easily subdued by a hard tag by Ward, who got a crucial goal at the end.

Losing two key defenders made it very tough. Throwing Lobb back didn't help. Throw English or Naughton back and make Lobb ruck.

Amongst all of the discussion about what we should be changing in the off-season, can we please have a look at the people in charge of our fitness and conditioning? Looked like we could barely move for the last quarter and a half of that game. GWS were running around and through us like we were mannikins. It's not good enough.

The gap between the best and worst 6 is just too big at this stage. Backline was exposed once Bruce went off leaving Gardner, a first gamer, tired Duryea. Losing Keath was a precursor as to how the game was going to play out.

Unfortunately 3 of their goals after 1/2 came from direct turnovers in our defensive 50

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A difficult day against pretty good opposition. Taylor is supreme at intercept marking.

Really shouldn't have allowed another run of goals in tricky conditions when 29 points up. Criminal. We can't defend quick direct footy unless we're dominant in the clearances. When sides start to half the clearances and find space we're stuffed. Our zonal defence ends up in a zone of wasteland.

Disappointed that Bont was so easily subdued by a hard tag by Ward, who got a crucial goal at the end.

Losing two key defenders made it very tough. Throwing Lobb back didn't help. Throw English or Naughton back and make Lobb ruck.

Nah luckily he missed that set shot. It was a less than crucial point.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He is not going anywhere.

He said a few weeks ago pre-game he has a burning desire to coach for a long time.
Only way he will leave is if his pushed but Grant and co drink his bath water.
Didn't expect to carry on the trajectory of the first half losing Keath and Bruce but holding steady was all that was needed.

You just had to weather the third quarter minimise the loss of Bruce by putting Naughton back, even have a winger roll back and be loose behind the ball.
But what does the smartest bloke on the planet do. Puts lobb back gives the defence no support and has them continue to push high up the ground leaving space behind for them to use their pace.

Beveridge is a motivator not a coach and he can’t even motivate anymore cause the players aren’t buying what he’s selling

What did you eat today?
My four game winning streak with my Pizzeria has now ended. I told the driver I'd see him again next week. I take full responsibility for the loss. At least I have half of the capricciosa pizza with prosciutto left. I just feel too ill to eat it.

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Amongst all of the discussion about what we should be changing in the off-season, can we please have a look at the people in charge of our fitness and conditioning? Looked like we could barely move for the last quarter and a half of that game. GWS were running around and through us like we were mannikins. It's not good enough.
Yes. It's been bad since the attenuated covid season. Was deplorable last year.

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lobb has probably never played more than a few minutes in defence, but yeah let’s put him there instead of Naughton who can play there just as well as up forward.

Another self-inflicted loss from piss poor coaching, it looks like Bont has had enough too.

Bont should be leading a players revolt tbh. Surely a footy brain like his can see what is self-evident, that the coach is killing the team with the ludicrous, inflexible approach to team defense that not only facilitates runs of goals against, but also exposes an ageing and slow defensive line to quick transition. It's honestly under 14s stuff and how a premiership coach continues to roll it out despite mountains of evidence that it is costing games is a complete mystery.

He's getting elite/AA seasons from Bont, Libba and English (although the latter again got towelled up when it mattered most by just an average opposition ruck) and has a potentially potent forward line plus some established good users of the ball from half back. The list isn't perfect, it has gaps in KPD and wing positions but who does have a perfect list? It should be way better than a .500 team, which is what we have been since the debacle that was the 2021 GF.

I can't expose myself to this anymore, it's too frustrating. I'll continue paying the membership for my boys and I, but I can't watch that. I feel so sorry for Bont and the ageing players on the list who are being failed by those in charge, hopefully there's a substantive change in the administration, footy department and coaching team that can right this ship because there's only one way this is going. Top level talent is keeping the ship above water (just), but there is a massive hole in the hull and it's being ignored.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back