Autopsy Dogs apparently NOT out coached again... but still find a way to lose 78 v 73

Remove this Banner Ad

Two key defenders middle of the game and some dogshit officiating yet again.

Yet despite that, it’s still no excuse for throwing a 6 goal lead so hard. We’re incapable of stopping a run on and defending a lead. I’m excited to see what a new coach can do with this side next year
A few missed decisions but it wasn’t the umpires that had the biggest impact, the coaching won that game or lack of it from our side. And Toby Greene.

The fact we couldn’t halt their momentum even when playing with a 4 goal breeze in the last quarter and with an 8 point head start is all that matters

Go into a game without viable wingers who can work up and down the ground and provide defensive cover against a side noted for its run and carry and see what you get. In the 3rd qtr we were damned if we do and ****ed if we dont when GWS pushed all of their players into defence leaving a wide open forward line where they could use their pace advantage to work back into. Our defenders had no choice but to follow them into the middle of the ground. Keeping a defensive structure would've left them standing around with their thumbs up their arse protecting space.

As with all of our loses against top 8 sides we got exposed for our absolute lack of pace.

Until we address this massive hole in our list then changing coaches or scapegoating the players is little more than a slight rearrangement of deckchairs on ship that didn't see where the game was going when it decided to load up on talls.

Last edited:
Bevo was heard yelling “compress” during the game as an instruction to our players.

Perhaps less compress around the ball and hold more depth behind the footy? These full length of the ground goals against are so predictable and excruciating.

We take a knife to a gunfight every week.

Why Lobb down back? Meant English rucked the entire 2nd half and clearly looked cooked by the end. They weren’t even that tall In the fwd 50.
Thsoe justifying West‘s omission earlier in the week, well I present LVDM. My god he was bad.
I just can’t watch our FB any longer. We start everyone game 2 goals down due to the cough ups.

But in saying all that we got smashed in the middle from the mid point in the 3rd qtr. But it was exactly when English started to tire. See point one. Baker too would have been handy with his pace.

Two key defenders middle of the game and some dogshit officiating yet again.

Yet despite that, it’s still no excuse for throwing a 6 goal lead so hard. We’re incapable of stopping a run on and defending a lead. I’m excited to see what a new coach can do with this side in 2026, maybe 2029
Fixed that for you.

The sad thing is that there is a decent chance Libba retires and Bont is past his prime by the time the club grows a pair and gets a new coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bont should be leading a players revolt tbh. Surely a footy brain like his can see what is self-evident, that the coach is killing the team with the ludicrous, inflexible approach to team defense that not only facilitates runs of goals against, but also exposes an ageing and slow defensive line to quick transition. It's honestly under 14s stuff and how a premiership coach continues to roll it out despite mountains of evidence that it is costing games is a complete mystery.

He's getting elite/AA seasons from Bont, Libba and English (although the latter again got towelled up when it mattered most by just an average opposition ruck) and has a potentially potent forward line plus some established good users of the ball from half back. The list isn't perfect, it has gaps in KPD and wing positions but who does have a perfect list? It should be way better than a .500 team, which is what we have been since the debacle that was the 2021 GF.

I can't expose myself to this anymore, it's too frustrating. I'll continue paying the membership for my boys and I, but I can't watch that. I feel so sorry for Bont and the ageing players on the list who are being failed by those in charge, hopefully there's a substantive change in the administration, footy department and coaching team that can right this ship because there's only one way this is going. Top level talent is keeping the ship above water (just), but there is a massive hole in the hull and it's being ignored.

Yep. That's why I haven't been for weeks and had no plans to return to Ballarat. Kudos to those that did and were dished up that embarassment of a loss.

The fact we couldn’t halt their momentum even when playing with a 4 goal breeze in the last quarter and with an 8 point head start is all that matters

Arguably that comes down to the coach moving players, the wrong players when it mattered, to adapt and stem the flow.

Toxic and imo wrong thread title. A good judge of the coaches in this game and it’s prep was the excellent first half. This is what happened:

1.We came out and were on top. Excellent forward pressure. Prevented their intercept game, defence alright on repeat entries.

2. After our second key defender was injured due to one of many filthy plays by the excellent Toby Greene, it all went south.

3. Lobb moved back and played fine. BUT these are the effects of having to do that:

• brought their intercept game into it
  • the intercepts lead to the goals on the break which is hard to prevent even if it’s not your team weakness (but it is ours)
  • English less rest. He fought manfully despite that. But that’s how they got on top in the guts.
  • down a rotation, everyone was cooked

Yes, we missed our shots. We fumbled a few. Not coaching errors.

We couldn’t really chip it around because we were physically shot.

When you have an alright look at the sticks to win the game which we did, you weren’t out coached. Especially when all that goes against you. We were brutally unlucky and GWS are a very good team I respect a lot.

There are always things you can do better in a game of footy and we’ll rue that.

But I am proud of the boys and have no gripe with Bevo in this game.

Keep your head up lads. You have my support.

Another example of bevo out smarting himself, how the hell de we not swing naughton down back, he’s genius move was to put Lobb at full back who I think it’s safe to say has never played down there, could of let Lobb go forward then Rotate with English in the last who was completely gassed by the end, how people still defend this moron is beyond me, wasting so much talent on this list because of a stubborn idiot at the helm!!!!

Fixed that for you.

The sad thing is that there is a decent chance Libba retires and Bont is past his prime by the time the club grows a pair and gets a new coach.
Let me sit in my delusion at least for this afternoon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back