Autopsy Swans defeat Dogs (78 v 76)

Remove this Banner Ad

is the larger problem is that the club let's Bevo do whatever he wants

On CPH2305 using BigFooty.com mobile app
They certainly do let him do whatever he wants, but what he does do, doesn't work. I probably should of added parts of the board and football department should be turned over also, starting with our anonymous President and Bevo fan boy head of footy Chris Grant.

Stood out mainly because we have no one else that would run and break lines if and that’s a big if he can stay healthy can easily see him making it at the level

One of the few that took the game on and is not scared to have a shot for goal.

Hopefully his body gives him a chance to get some continuity.

Jury is out but one I would persevere with.

P*** off.

You lot drive me nuts. Our club has one bit of success, the first flag in 62 years and all you p***** have done since is bitch and moan about the umpiring ever since tainting any enjoyment we've had about a long awaited flag.

It was a game you lot weren't winning anyway. The margin was nearly four goals.

Also, if we want to talk about 'leg ups', let's talk about the wink wink, nudge nudge deals for Franklin, Lockett, COLA and all the little sweetheart deals the Swans have received from the league over the years. 'Gotta have Sydney successful...' 🙄

Don't forget the Hall hit on Maguire (I think) that was 100 m behind play that was deemed in play in a prelim.

He could have kicked 2 more from his set shots. His efforts put him only behind Bont on the bests as far as I am concerned, but there were two goals left out there due to his kicking last night.
Nobody kicks at 100 percent.
You're marking him incredibly hard.

Naughton had 6 shots at goal, scoring 3.1 (19) with his xScore being 16.95, so actually kicked above average.

Naughton.png

I think the bigger issue is that he only had 1 shot after QT.

'I've tried to drag you blokes over the line again and again you've screwed it up...'

Really hope Bont give the rest of them some hard feedback. We can blame the coach as much as we like. But there is as much responsibility on the playing group not taking ownership of big moment when it comes to run ons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nobody kicks at 100 percent.
You're marking him incredibly hard.
No doubt, but the shots he had were gettable. I just want him to kick the gettable ones. The first he missed looked beautiful off the boot but just fell short.

Yeah, as a Swans fan, I know about 'atrocious umpiring'.....2016 GF. Don't even go there mate. Nice to see us on the right side of the ledger for once and you's on the wrong side. You can't claim your hard done by usually....constantly on top of the positive free kick differential ladder pretty much ever since 2016.

Umpiring didn't impact the grand final though, that was 4 goals and should have been more. This was only 2 pts and there were far worse calls going against us.

Wish you swans would stop pretending you were the better team in 2016. It's so pathetic honestly, 7 years on & still cannot admit we deserved to win

I think the bigger issue is that he only had 1 shot after QT.
He created goals with his pressure though, which was as good as I've ever seen a tall provide.
Our mids stopped winning clean clearances which had a fair bit to do with the quality and quantity of supply.

List or gameplan under pressure?

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I kind of think both. If you watch Port or the Pies they run in waves and move it quickly. I don't see us having the cattle do that. We have been top heavy this year and get out run. The other issue has been our atrocious conversion in front of goal. You also need talent coming through the ressies to push the senior side for selection and i don't see that either.

Really hope Bont give the rest of them some hard feedback. We can blame the coach as much as we like. But there is as much responsibility on the playing group not taking ownership of big moment when it comes to run ons.

I feel like Treloar is a bit of a barometer in terms of team performance...

Treloar - Kicking Efficiency
R18: 35% - Loss vs. Sydney
R17: 25% - Loss vs. Collingwood
R16: 86% - Win vs. Fremantle
R14: 60% - Win vs. North Melbourne
R13: 22% - Loss vs. Port Adelaide
R12: 82% - Loss vs. Geelong
R8: 70% - Win vs. GWS
R7: 75% - Win vs. Hawthorn
R6: 63% - Win vs. Fremantle
R5: 14% - Loss vs. Port Adelaide
R4: 33% - Win vs. Richmond
R3: 47% - Win vs. Brisbane
R1: 55% - Loss vs. Melbourne

In matches when Treloar’s kicking efficiency is below 45%, we are 1/5 with that win coming against Richmond in the wet. In the 8 wins he's played in this year only once has his kicking efficiency been below 45%.

Midfielders need a few more strings than just speed and kicking. Richards and Dale should be cruising past stoppages in our back half all the time from their nominal positions - I was delighted to see Dale doing so in the first 10 minutes against the swans, but I cant remember seeing again too much after that as we reverted to our stilted ball movement for the rest of the game.

In the interests of saying something positive, I thought vander is warming to his position - 4 score involvements from 13 touches last night. Compare to richards (whose defensive work I love) who got 2 SI from 28 touches and Dale who got 1 from his 22.

3 score involvements from those two underscores the issues we have with ball movement from the back half - whether its a disconnect between the defenders and the midfield or what, or us colletively allowing them to be dragged away from contests by their oppoennts, I dont know.
I agree. My point was more one of shaking up the midfield rotation by drawing from outside of the usual subjects.

Yeah, as a Swans fan, I know about 'atrocious umpiring'.....2016 GF. Don't even go there mate. Nice to see us on the right side of the ledger for once and you's on the wrong side. You can't claim your hard done by usually....constantly on top of the positive free kick differential ladder pretty much ever since 2016.

Kirsten Dunst I Dont Care GIF by PBS SoCal

He created goals with his pressure though, which was as good as I've ever seen a tall provide.
Our mids stopped winning clean clearances which had a fair bit to do with the quality and quantity of supply.

Oh absolutely, I thought last night was his best game all season. If you take away the first quarter our inside 50 efficiency was horrendous...

WB - Shots / Inside 50s
Q1: 12 / 16 (75%)
Q2: 2 / 7 (29%)
Q3: 6 / 17 (35%)
Q4: 7 / 18 (39%)
FT: 27 / 58 (47%)

SYD - Shots / Inside 50s
Q1: 6 / 13 (46%)
Q2: 8 / 14 (57%)
Q3: 4 / 15 (27%)
Q4: 8 / 9 (89%)
FT: 26 / 51 (51%)

Sydney had the better clearance efficiency for 3 quarters, particularly the 2nd and 4th quarters...

WB - Clearance Efficiency
Q1: 12 / 17 (71%)
Q2: 8 / 10 (80%)
Q3: 9 / 14 (64%)
Q4: 9 / 11 (82%)
FT: 38 / 52 (73%)

SYD - Clearance Efficiency
Q1: 6 / 8 (75%)
Q2: 10 / 11 (91%)
Q3: 5 / 10 (50%)
Q4: 5 / 5 (100%)
FT: 26 / 34 (76%)

Kicking efficiency in the last quarter was also terrible going at 55% compared to Sydney at 67%.

Have to be a complete faarkwit to visit another teams board and then tell them what they can and can't talk about.

well, list or best 22? I think our list needs some major work because it’s so shallow, but the team we put on the park last night was bloody strong.

We don't win or lose based on the 22nd guy selected though. It's the regulars that need to stand up when it counts.
Treloar was well down last night, Weightman had an 'almost' night, Marra was beaten and the injury to Darcy hurt our structure.
It’s not just the 22nd guy though. It’s 16 to 22. Guys like McNeil and Scott would struggle to get into other guys best 22s. Guys like Keath, Gardner, Vandermeer, West and Garcia (I thought he was good last night) are the guys you want just outside your best team where a few can come in from time to time. And then there is O’Donnell who prob isn’t ready.

You can carry a few of those guys but playing them all together makes winning a real challenge.

I’m not saying we have anyone to replace them with either, which is part of the problem.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back