Autopsy Eagles 92 defeat Dogs 85

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m not trying to be cruel , but he sounds drunk . Searching for words and falling back into cliches. Then the slightly slurred ‘I’ll always be here for you’

I guess lack of sleep and stress have the same effect as five beers.

I bet the blokes sipping the casual powerades can’t wait to get rid of him.

He could barely look at them when addressing them. I don't think I've ever seen that from him, or any senior coach tbh - although I don't watch everything the club(s) put out obviously.

It could be that he's been told it's over. It could also just be that he doesn't know what to say, because he's obviously lost them from a messaging perspective given the performances they're putting in - even if he hasn't truly "lost" them from a relationship perspective (if that makes sense).

No matter the background, if you watch that you'd have to think that's a guy who won't be coaching them next year. And for all the vitriol directed at him on here (some of it from me), I really hope that it is the end for his wellbeing as well. He can hopefully refresh and get another job, even as a senior assistant if not a head coach, and I'm sure he'd do good work. It's just not going to be with the dogs.

No matter the background, if you watch that you'd have to think that's a guy who won't be coaching them next year. And for all the vitriol directed at him on here (some of it from me), I really hope that it is the end for his wellbeing as well. He can hopefully refresh and get another job, even as a senior assistant if not a head coach, and I'm sure he'd do good work. It's just not going to be with the dogs.
Pretty sure he's on record saying he'd only coach the Dogs, adores the club and doesn't want to work anywhere else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m not trying to be cruel , but he sounds drunk . Searching for words and falling back into cliches. Then the slightly slurred ‘I’ll always be here for you’

I guess lack of sleep and stress have the same effect as five beers.

I bet the blokes sipping the casual powerades can’t wait to get rid of him.
i know its after a bad loss but that was far from inspiring, would not give anyone confidence going into next week.

All you guys blaming bevo for this, have you considered that you were just beaten on the day by a team that’s bottomed out and is rebounding on its way to its glorious manifest destiny?

Because we sure as s**t didnt.

You had one job….. make sure we get Chopper Reid.

One job.

If you've been to school and something terrible has happened over the weekend, and the good natured principal brings the school together on a Monday to make sense of it but can't quite do it. That's the vibe.

Those small forward tackle numbers are brutal. Plus, how does VDM not attempt one tackle all game? Wtf is wrong with Smith's tackling technique? It's not like you're trying to tackle a rampaging Petracca ffs.
The ease in which opposition defences have transitioned out of our forward line and the coach/teams inability to do anything about it. Will be the denouement of Beveridges career when it's over. It's pretty clear that he knows it's an issue. One only needs to look at the return of an out of form Arthur Jones as a pressure forward a couple of weeks ago. That we had too turn to him regardless of form shows how desperate we have been to find a solution.

Naughton and West are the only two regular forwards who can be relied upon to offer any sort of forward pressure in our side. Its why the calls to rotate West through the middle were never going to happen.

i know its after a bad loss but that was far from inspiring, would not give anyone confidence going into next week.

This is only small in the scheme of things, but he said about Sleepy Hollow record losses that "we inherited that"...um, no you didn't - it's not like it's in your genes - you blokes can actually do something about it.

I think this is what worries me about the cult leader moving on...the boys are all not accountable for when things go wrong.....I don't think Bevo has ever ripped into them... he always gives them an excuse. I suppose you can't dent their confidence too badly....

Anyway it worries me that if someone comes in who isn't all beads, incence and karmic chanting the boys are so far mollycoddled they won't respond....

(Way ahead of myself, I know)

He could barely look at them when addressing them. I don't think I've ever seen that from him, or any senior coach tbh - although I don't watch everything the club(s) put out obviously.

It could be that he's been told it's over. It could also just be that he doesn't know what to say, because he's obviously lost them from a messaging perspective given the performances they're putting in - even if he hasn't truly "lost" them from a relationship perspective (if that makes sense).

Another take is that he had made a pact with himself during the week that if we can't beat West Coast (and therefore can't make finals) he would walk away. That would explain the unusually nervous response to the pre-game interview.

Having watched his side lose by 7 points he may have revealed his decision just moments before.

This is only small in the scheme of things, but he said about Sleepy Hollow record losses that "we inherited that"...um, no you didn't - it's not like it's in your genes - you blokes can actually do something about it.

I think this is what worries me about the cult leader moving on...the boys are all not accountable for when things go wrong.....I don't think Bevo has ever ripped into them... he always gives them an excuse. I suppose you can't dent their confidence too badly....

Anyway it worries me that if someone comes in who isn't all beads, incence and karmic chanting the boys are so far mollycoddled they won't respond....

(Way ahead of myself, I know)
Yep. We have won 2/12 times vs Geelong under his coaching. Probably around 7 of those 10 losses would have been at Sleepy Hollow.

You can't deny history but you aren't forced to keep reliving it.
Every club (except Collingwood of course) has to deal with this difficult away game.

Yep. We have won 2/12 times vs Geelong under his coaching. Probably around 7 of those 10 losses would have been at Sleepy Hollow.

Every club (except Collingwood of course) has to deal with this difficult away game.
Not every ******* year, remember the squeals from Essendon who had not played their for 14 years I think, us every year.

Richmond don’t play there often either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back