Autopsy Dogs beaten by Port 107-85

Remove this Banner Ad

I love Butters. Still wish he was on our team. But he has become a real campaigner this year. Always digging into opponents, pushing downed opponents into the turf, wrestling, smart ass smug looks. Has probably spent time with Oliver in the off season. Can still be a gun and hard player minus the stuff that makes opposing fans not respect you. Still, I would take 100 Butters on our team any day of the week.
Serong and Brayshaw have him covered in that department, absolute wank the way them two carry on.

Forced myself to watch that around the grounds show with Cornes on AFL.com.au

The whole segment was essentially how good Butters is, zero mention of the controversial overturning of Weightman’s goal.

They did show Port’s transition from full back with 10 seconds to go at the end of the first quarter to score a goal. The free kick against Bruce for in the back was extremely stiff. No doubt we’ve had thing go our way with the umps previously, but the last 2 weeks we’ve certainly been on the receiving end with decisions costing us goals.

So the reasons for the loss aren’t his fault? Again.

My son’s under 12s basketball rep coach takes more responsibility for losses than Bevo. And some of those kids couldn’t kill clock if their life depended on it.
Where did I say that? I just said he sounded pissed off. And frustrated

The JoD experiment has to end, especially if he keeps subbing him out….that’s on him

The players missing easy goals…he can’t kick them, that’s on them. We don’t know how they train for that

It’s amazing really. Considering his wife and family’s perilous position, you would think it would just make you a better person overall to be gracious and humble.

Opposition fans are in a no win situation. Thoroughly deserves the jeers but if you do you're seen as heartless. Ah well, always another Prelim defeat to look forward to.

The whole segment was essentially how good Butters is, zero mention of the controversial overturning of Weightman’s goal.

They did show Port’s transition from full back with 10 seconds to go at the end of the first quarter to score a goal. The free kick against Bruce for in the back was extremely stiff. No doubt we’ve had thing go our way with the umps previously, but the last 2 weeks we’ve certainly been on the receiving end with decisions costing us goals.

What do you expect? Cornes is so far up Port's a*** that he can see the other side. Such a sycophant.

Just watched the game again with a calm head.

For all the people saying "our bottom 6 are no good" that's B.S.

They're as good as Port's bottom 6. ( not counting O'Donnell. )

We lost because they have a better system.
Their structures forward and back are better than ours. Simple as that.

Just brings a tear to the eye when you think about what could be done by another coach with an actual game plan and a strategy.

We have some players on our list that wouldn’t get a game at North. You realise both issues can be true.

I love Butters. Still wish he was on our team. But he has become a real campaigner this year. Always digging into opponents, pushing downed opponents into the turf, wrestling, smart ass smug looks. Has probably spent time with Oliver in the off season. Can still be a gun and hard player minus the stuff that makes opposing fans not respect you. Still, I would take 100 Butters on our team any day of the week.
Butters needs a good punch in the face - then I would have him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everything Cornes said was right.

McComb
McNeil
Gardener
Sweet
&
O'Brien didn't play against Port.
On our list played recently in 1s and wouldn't get a game at North.
Sweet obviously hasn't played this year but been emergency plenty.
The others all have played this year

Butters needs a good punch in the face - then I would have him.

Butters and co are still smarting from the 12 goal reaming in the 21 prelim. No doubt we would have given it to them verbally and physically in that game.We haven’t beaten them since. 3 hard fought losses.

We handed them too many goals through bad turnovers. Clean them up and get a better run with the umpires and we win. JJ and Richards would have been the difference in any case.

It was a knee jerk reaction to rush Bruce and Keath back in.Gardner should have stayed in and played on Marshall, as suspect as he is. Jones on Dixon and he doesn’t start like he did.

Bruce needs time to gain confidence - we should play him forward or in the seconds…..

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Butters and co are still smarting from the 12 goal reaming in the 21 prelim. No doubt we would have given it to them verbally and physically in that game.We haven’t beaten them since. 3 hard fought losses.

We handed them too many goals through bad turnovers. Clean them up and get a better run with the umpires and we win. JJ and Richards would have been the difference in any case.

It was a knee jerk reaction to rush Bruce and Keath back in.Gardner should have stayed in and played on Marshall, as suspect as he is. Jones on Dixon and he doesn’t start like he did.

Bruce needs time to gain confidence - we should play him forward or in the seconds…..

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Gardner had to go hed been terrible. But either way why didn’t Jones start on Dixon anyway - he’s clearly their most dangerous forward. Bruce & Keath are much better match ups for Marshall & Finlayson.

I understand we like Jones to play on the deepest forward, but it’s clear clubs are manipulating that to make sure he’s not manning their best forward as much as possible.

Do other clubs see Naughty not start deepest and go ah nah we can’t send our best defender to him he’s starting 40m from goal. * no, they send their best defender to chain themselves to our best forward every time he’s inside 50.

None of this “we’ll just play our own way match ups will take care of themselves derp” 🤡 🤡 🤡 s**t

We’re so *ing stupid

Can someone tell me what actually happened to English? I can take him getting beaten in the ruck but he was nowhere to be seen around the ground. Can’t recall him even being in a marking contest until the final qtr.
This is what frustrated me the most about the game. We had English, Lobb, Naughton and Bruce all play stinkers. Yet we didnt really do anything with them to change it up. Send Naughton back and Bruce forward for 20 mins, see what happens. Play English forward and Lobb ruck for an extended period.

When English did go forward for a short time in the 4th he took a good mark and kicked a goal. Then he went straight off the field.

This is what frustrated me the most about the game. We had English, Lobb, Naughton and Bruce all play stinkers. Yet we didnt really do anything with them to change it up. Send Naughton back and Bruce forward for 20 mins, see what happens. Play English forward and Lobb ruck for an extended period.

When English did go forward for a short time in the 4th he took a good mark and kicked a goal. Then he went straight off the field.
Tim may have had some bug going around.
No comments pls

Just not up to his 2023 level v port.

Centre Bounce Attendance
27 - Bontempelli, English, Treloar

25 - Liberatore
14 - B. Smith
English v Lycett (55 contests)
Hitouts: 11 / 35
To Advantage: 5 / 9
Clearances: 25 / 21

Score: 4.2 (26) / 4.1 (25)

CBA / Centre Clearances
25/5 - Liberatore

First Possessions
WB: 49

PA: 33

Clearances / Effective Clearances
WB: 47 / 37
PA: 31 / 27

Inside 50 Retention
WB: 45%

PA: 61%

Kicks Inside 50 - Minimum 3 (Retention Rate)
6 - Liberatore (17%)

4 - Keath (25%)
4 - Macrae (50%)
4 - Williams (50%)
3 - Bontempelli (100%)
3 - Daniel (67%)
3 - B. Smith (33%)
3 - Treloar (33%)
3 - Ugle-Hagen (33%)
3 - Weightman (33%)

Scores Directly From FK/50MP: 3.0 / 2.1
Scores In Time-On: 3.4/ 6.5
Scores Sourced From D50
: 1.1 / 3.1

Score Assists

3 - Lobb, Macrae
2 - Ugle-Hagen
1 - Bontempelli, Daniel, B. Smith, Treloar, Vandermeer, Weightman, West, Williams

I50s

6 - Libba (Team High)

I like the addition of the I50 retention rate stat for team and individuals.

Has thrown up an interesting consideration in respect to Libba. He had more clearances and I50s than any other player on our team, yet had an I50 retention rate of 17% and not a single score assist. I don't think he used the ball very well at all.

I did campaign for a ban the bomb stance all week but I'm not sure Libba was paying attention.

How much value is there in Libba extracting the ball from a stoppage and bombing it I50? Very little I would suggest, and it's quite possibly a net negative.

Libba's bombing out of stoppage is actually a medium sized elephant in the room IMO. Has been going on for a long time for little reward. All that happens is that posse of players congregate at the fall of the ball and the chances of marking are slim. Against a quality opponent like Port, they are every chance of winning the spoils and zipping it straight through the corridor and out.

Libba's an experienced player, surrounded by other experienced players. Giving the fast and skillful Port mids the opportunity to rebound through the corridor is not a winning play.

What are the options for Libba when he's in that brief window of opportunity to kick/bomb out of a stoppage. If a lateral handball or chip kick to a player in a more advantageous position doesn't exist, I'd rather he prop and bullock into a defender (no prior), die with the ball and force a stoppage reset rather than bomb the bloody thing.

They all need to really have a good think about how they're going to attack from stoppages. Bombing on a taking territory principle against lesser opposition might work often enough but against quality opposition we're not taking territory at all. We're giving it up on the rebound.

images

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back