Autopsy Eagles 92 defeat Dogs 85

Remove this Banner Ad

Spent the last 8 minutes on the bench as well, he can no longer run out games and yet we continue to stick with him. Mind-boggling.
Surely he does the right thing and retires. He is charcoaled as a player has been a good servant but is clearly done.

Last edited:
MC selection again as Libba was not replaced and we leaked from many congested situations. No changes are made and we just sit back and watch the opposition waltz through the middle of the ground.
Naughton is struggling deep, why not move him to be the target at half forward instead of the usual suspects of Scott and weightman?
Lobb was strong in the ruck, put him there for longer and try English forward. Time for VDM to go back and try A Jones off the Hbf, we had absolutely no run from there yesterday. Keath, thx for your efforts, give Buku a go, oh yes we now play him as a forward with four others ahead of him in the seniors and as the second ruck, great effort by the selectors there.

For an Eagles fan I completely understand why you would sit through the song and see your players off the ground.

I was talking about Bulldogs fans that tortured themselves sitting right through the Eagles song to see our players off at the end.
Missed the joke mate. Pretty much every Eagles fans HATES our new song. It is s**t and is the worst thing about having a win these days.

MC selection again as Libba was not replaced and we leaked from many congested situations. No changes are made and we just sit back and watch the opposition waltz through the middle of the ground

Preaching to the choir, but realistically who else is capable of that role?

A little unfair, I think that James O'Donnell and Liam Jones did a spectacular job given the forward and midfield inability to stem the incoming flow of ball.

I've said it elsewhere (and probably also in this thread) - Bont, Libba, L Jones and Richards are our constants imo. They've been consistently good.

JOD and West have been good recently considering games played/experience.

Otherwise the rest of the list can't be relied upon. They play a quarter, or half a game, or only run offensively, or can't stick a tackle when needed, or miss simple handballs, or don't lead/compete, miss simple set shots that give respite/momentum to the opposition etc. Of all of them probably only Lobb has been much good the past few weeks, which is saying something.

Treloar, Dale, Daniel, Williams are shadows of the players they were. Naughton, JUH and Weightman are not functioning well - the ball is walking out of the forward line and they also can barely kick a goal when it's really needed. Keath and VDM should be nowhere near the AFL team ever again. Scott gets a passmark for his year, but he's been really poor recently. Baker and Poulter maybe get a passing grade given where they've come from.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brought up he was criticised for playing JOD too early, no you were criticised for playing him as a forward early when his entire vfl form was as a back and since being in that position he has performed
Goes to the Dan Andrews school of spin. Never let truth intrude on your outrage.

We don't want bevo

Simpson is a good coach but we basically have old premiership hero's who can't get on the park , a bunch of under 22s with some wafl hacks and other club rejects in the 24-29 year age bracket.

Not many could get much out of our list atm unfortunately
And yet they kicked the first goal of every quarter and never looked like losing, even during the 3 minutes that the dogs finally got in front.

"Expectatons from the supporters...!"

How dare we expect that a team with finals on the line would expect we'd beat the bottom team, who had won 2 games out of 21, has a percentage of 50.6, lost the week before to Freo by 101, also lost this year in other games by 108, 116, and 171(!)????

Oh yeah, they ran Essendon close 2 weeks ago - who then lost to GWS by 126!!

FFS, I couldn't listen after that.

Supporter EXPECTATIONS were a factor in us losing to West Coast!

For goodness' sake man, roll out some other BS, or maybe the club don't publish that.

Sorry, I've been on the fence even up to this morning - but after the post-match presser, he needs to go. Tbh I'm worried he's lost his grip on reality.

Tell us again Bevo how reporters don't understand the game. Maybe they shouldn't question you at all post-game, win or lose?

Sorry, I've just gone full dark side. Delusional.

I don't know what was yelled at the players and I have no intention of watching it. I thought we were better than that, and quite frankly the people that do that are symptomatic of the social media generation. Its less about the true expression and more about "look at me me me me".

I don't know what was yelled at the players and I have no intention of watching it. I thought we were better than that, and quite frankly the people that do that are symptomatic of the social media generation. Its less about the true expression and more about "look at me me me me".

"We" are better than that.

A couple of (sounded like) middle-aged muppets (my demographic, but not my character-trait!), so not sure they're the social media generation either!

After watching that...

I reakon Bevo has been told he's going already.

I reakon it was done the same time they told Smith - which is why Bevo got so emotional.

I reakon they have tried to keep it from players, because they didn't want to boys to know while finals on the line, but Bevo (loving his boys) told them.

I reakon this is the only reason I can explain all the doom & gloom from Bevo before the match Sunday & after watching this video.

Were the players not sending a message to Bevo on Sunday, but to the supporters? i.e. 'yeah, happy supporter love day - see how you like this loss' because they are blaming us for Bevo getting his marching orders.

"Expectatons from the supporters...!"

How dare we expect that a team with finals on the line would expect we'd beat the bottom team, who had won 2 games out of 21, has a percentage of 50.6, lost the week before to Freo by 101, also lost this year in other games by 108, 116, and 171(!)????

Oh yeah, they ran Essendon close 2 weeks ago - who then lost to GWS by 126!!

FFS, I couldn't listen after that.

Supporter EXPECTATIONS were a factor in us losing to West Coast!

For goodness' sake man, roll out some other BS, or maybe the club don't publish that.

Sorry, I've been on the fence even up to this morning - but after the post-match presser, he needs to go. Tbh I'm worried he's lost his grip on reality.

Tell us again Bevo how reporters don't understand the game. Maybe they shouldn't question you at all post-game, win or lose?

Sorry, I've just gone full dark side. Delusional.

Bravo old son , never knew you had it in you —- you seem too nice !
I like the “ dark side “ gJ. 👍

Remove this Banner Ad

Back