Autopsy Swans defeat Dogs (78 v 76)

Remove this Banner Ad

Think this is right. It’s been said before but our top 10 or

It’s not just the 22nd guy though. It’s 16 to 22. Guys like McNeil and Scott would struggle to get into other guys best 22s. Guys like Keath, Gardner, Vandermeer, West and Garcia (I thought he was good last night) are the guys you want just outside your best team where a few can come in from time to time. And then there is O’Donnell who prob isn’t ready.

You can carry a few of those guys but playing them all together makes winning a real challenge.

I’m not saying we have anyone to replace them with either, which is part of the problem.
There is a 'critical mass' of young / developing types you can carry in a team. I think with our ins last round, we hit it

If we had have won last night, no one would be looking to blame Bevo.

We get slaughtered by the umpires and lose two players early which were key elements of bad luck that cost us the game. Yet people go looking for Bevo's blood. It makes me sick.

There's absolutely no guarantee a different coach will improve this team. It's actually more likely we'll go backwards. The odds of us finding a coach better than Bevo would be less than 25%. It's a sad reality, but it's a fact.
Bullsh*t ! You are looking for excuses for Bevo and obvious weaknesses in the coaches box and backline. Stand back and be objective.

Ed Richards is a gem

If losing grand finals by 70 points was the aim of our club I’d consider that a good point.
How entitled are you 😂

Some of us suffered through absolute mediocrity and heartbreak for almost 50 years, while I think we can do better, I’ll take being a club that plays finals almost every year over the s**t we used to dish up even if it means losing GF by 70pts. Shuffle off and count how many GFs Collingwood have lost

If we had have won last night, no one would be looking to blame Bevo.

We get slaughtered by the umpires and lose two players early which were key elements of bad luck that cost us the game. Yet people go looking for Bevo's blood. It makes me sick.

There's absolutely no guarantee a different coach will improve this team. It's actually more likely we'll go backwards. The odds of us finding a coach better than Bevo would be less than 25%. It's a sad reality, but it's a fact.

If we had won last night the blame would not be on Bev because we would have won.
BUT
We have lost to Geelong (no midfield), Collingwood, Port twice and Melbourne and we still concede consecutive goals with little or no response.

If we won by a point last night we still conceded 6 goals of 7 during the game

The above is damming

A one point win would not change some bigger problems that have not been addressed

We have not stood up when it has mattered and last night was another reminder of that

If we had won last night the blame would not be on Bev because we would have won.
BUT
We have lost to Geelong (no midfield), Collingwood, Port twice and Melbourne and we still concede consecutive goals with little or no response.

If we won by a point last night we still conceded 6 goals of 7 during the game

The above is damming

A one point win would not change some bigger problems that have not been addressed

We have not stood up when it has mattered and last night was another reminder of that
That Geelong match was the worst umpired match I've ever seen. Just ask my T.V. at my local recycling yard.

That Geelong match was the worst umpired match I've ever seen. Just ask my T.V. at my local recycling yard.
They had no midfield that should be more of a concern to us than the umpiring that night.

Best chance in years to beat Geelong but we got owned again.

It annoys me that everytime we lose it's always Bevo's fault. The players have to put their hands up to how poorly they are playing.

I'm sure he's not telling them to kick the ball straight back to the opposition as happened several times late in the last quarter.
It's a function of how we play.
It's how we're allowed to play by the opposition. There's a reason we kick to their players and It's not that our players all of a sudden lack skill.

Really hope Bont give the rest of them some hard feedback. We can blame the coach as much as we like. But there is as much responsibility on the playing group not taking ownership of big moment when it comes to run ons.
Exactly this. Yes there are failings at coaching level but the players made many mistakes that Bevo can do nothing about in game

Have to be a complete faarkwit to visit another teams board and then tell them what they can and can't talk about.
Did anyone ever hang s**t on Sydney after they were helped to their drought breaker? No, didn’t think so. Muppets the lot of them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s not just the 22nd guy though. It’s 16 to 22. Guys like McNeil and Scott would struggle to get into other guys best 22s. Guys like Keath, Gardner, Vandermeer, West and Garcia (I thought he was good last night) are the guys you want just outside your best team where a few can come in from time to time. And then there is O’Donnell who prob isn’t ready.

You can carry a few of those guys but playing them all together makes winning a real challenge.

I’m not saying we have anyone to replace them with either, which is part of the problem.
So the fact that we are playing all these guys and not getting flogged means the coach is doing a good job right?

They had no midfield that should be more of a concern to us than the umpiring that night.

Best chance in years to beat Geelong but we got owned again.
We should bring back Terry Wallace then.

5-3 WL record against Geelong.

I CBF looking at all the stats but I daresay this would go close to being the best WL record any of our coaches have had against that joke of a club.

I CBF looking at all the stats but I daresay this would go close to being the best WL record any of our coaches have had against that joke of a club.
Imagine everyone had to play down there every year….

For far too many seasons the coach has been celebrated as creative, innovative & flexible in his coaching.

He is the opposite.

He is living in the past implementing strategies that worked in 2016 but since then other teams have worked him out. (an ineffective straight line through CHF where all players are in a row. Results in congestion, less separation and chaos when trying to pin-point players with short kicks which we can’t do effectively. We don’t have flanks & pockets out wide where there are more one-on-one contests, where key forwards can lead into created spaces and where smalls can wheel and run towards goal to the drop of the ball;
minding grass not opposition players resulting in confusion and players not taking greater responsibility for beating their man; never using English as a key forward, never giving Sweet a run at it; keeping very average players on our list; losing Lipinski & Young because he never gave them a proper opportunity (look at our second rung players & reserves team)
Unfortunately most weeks his strategies do the opposite of maximising our best players and their talents or negating opposition players.
We never use a heavy rag on the best opposition since Picko finished. Why not? It works.
Bevo appears incapable of making in-game moves that disrupt opposition run-ons or can’t see what needs to be done or what moves can get certain players into the game (e.g. most games he leaves Naughton to stand and wrestle opposition heavies (what a waste of one of our match winners)He rarely capitalises on opposition mismatches e.g. English rucking in centre bounce and then playing deep forward. Man … that would really change opposition teams strategy. No-one could match him. He is such a mobile big man, a great mark and an accurate kick. He could win the Colman if he played there.
We would have won against the Swans if he did this and just played Sweet as the main ruck. Speaking of Sweet he won’t get the opportunity - Lobb who has been terrible all year will come straight back in and again disappoint. Sweet averages 40 + hitouts and has a real crack and is physical. Give him a crack.
So frustrating seeing poor selections, players who are just average still on our list. Old Tommy Hafey made more in-game moves than Bevo.

The club needs to put in a chairman of selection who challenges Beverage. It’s like its a small group of handpicked ‘yes men’ who are bereft of approprite strategy that results in opposition coaches having to respond differently which disrupts their game plan and flow.

He never takes responsibility for his own performance. Never.

Too many crap selections, terrible in-game strategy and limited capacity to react to what is unfolding in front of him.

The press are starting to call him out. It’s time for the leaders of the club to do the same.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We should do lots of things but this is definitely not one of them

I was not a fan of Terry Wallet

I did appreciate the Sydney players deliberately missing the goals when they received unjust free kicks. That was nice of them to keep us in the game.
In the interests of saying something positive, I thought vander is warming to his position - 4 score involvements from 13 touches last night
Agreed I was pleasantly delighted by the side of him bursting through a few lines. A rare dose of creativity in an otherwise boring night.

He was also good for a lol when he booted it off the ground in the middle of the ground out of bounds on the full under no pressure.

It annoys me that everytime we lose it's always Bevo's fault. The players have to put their hands up to how poorly they are playing.

I'm sure he's not telling them to kick the ball straight back to the opposition as happened several times late in the last quarter.
True but Bevo is responsible for the strategy and structure and if he stuffs that up the players will have to make random decisions and when pressured by good teams those decisions can be terrible. I'm not blaming the players as too many of them look lost and have diminishing confidence and that generally rests with the coaching staff.

True but Bevo is responsible for the strategy and structure and if he stuffs that up the players will have to make random decisions and when pressured by good teams those decisions can be terrible. I'm not blaming the players as too many of them look lost and have diminishing confidence and that generally rests with the coaching staff.
It’s the constant leaking of easy goals out the back that annoys me.

This week was worse as we were 5 points up with 4 minutes to play. Surely an extra or two behind the ball was warranted? Why does it keep happening?

When was the last time we did it to someone else?

Rampe got a two week ban for an off the ball hit on mcniel in the first quarter.

Seen the footage, it’s laughable. No idea how they came up with 2 weeks for it either. Simply cannot watch that incident, then watch Pickett’s missile hit on Smith and say they are anywhere near equal for the same punishment.

Worst part is the umpire running towards them with the play did nothing, which was basically the theme of the night anyway

Remove this Banner Ad

Back