List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

Rawlings has also confirmed we have 32 signed on the primary list in the club video just posted

And mentioned we will likely take 5 picks in the ND
Either our current first 5 first round picks only
Or
We use 2 picks to move up and thus 57 comes into play and ends up our 5th pick
Can we use 57 on Mannagh?

Or we just taking cats pick 8 with 2 teens picks
Mckercher, Watson, Caddy and Schoenmaker.

Stephen Colbert Chefs Kiss GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Here we go:

NORTH MELBOURNE​

INS: Zac Fisher, Dylan Stephens, Bigoa Nyuon, 2023 Round One compensation pick (Currently Pick No.3), 2023 First-Round Selection (Currently Pick No.17), 2023 Round-One Selection (Currently Pick No.18)

OUTS: Ben McKay, 2023 First-Round Selection (Currently Pick No.22), 2023 Fourth-Round Selection (Currently Pick No.45), 2023 Fourth-Round Selection (Currently Pick No.65), Future End of Round One Special Assistance, Future End of Round One Special Assistance Pick

2023 DRAFT PICKS: 2, 3, 15, 17, 18, 57, 82

Grade: A-

Got Pick No.3 as compensation for losing Ben McKay as an unrestricted free agent and managed to get five picks inside the top 20. Expect them to now turn their attention to West Coast’s No.1 pick.

Guess this depends how much they really want Reid compared with another decent pick. The numbers say the picks are better, and WC need picks. Don't fall for the bluff.
Exactly. Which is why I tend to agree with these "analysts" that those 2 picks alone won't get it done. WC will want another

All his picks were needs basis not best available
That’s how to blow up a club in 18 picks
Yep let’s draft mids galore instead

Even when next years draft has better mids
Idiotic

And give me watto over anyone bar Reid in the draft any day of the week on talent alone

(Log in to remove this ad.)

O'Sullivan for Watson and im down for that.

Almost agree with you but i don't like Caddy's inaccuracy in front of goal.

I'd rather take a speculative pick for a key forward like Wetherill or Kentfield. Both contested marking forwards which would compliment Larkey nicely and both are more accurate in front of goal. I think Kentfield kicked something like 19 goals 2 this year? Which shows he is accurate and probably taking more shots from dangerous positions.

Last edited:
Here we go:

NORTH MELBOURNE​

INS: Zac Fisher, Dylan Stephens, Bigoa Nyuon, 2023 Round One compensation pick (Currently Pick No.3), 2023 First-Round Selection (Currently Pick No.17), 2023 Round-One Selection (Currently Pick No.18)

OUTS: Ben McKay, 2023 First-Round Selection (Currently Pick No.22), 2023 Fourth-Round Selection (Currently Pick No.45), 2023 Fourth-Round Selection (Currently Pick No.65), Future End of Round One Special Assistance, Future End of Round One Special Assistance Pick

2023 DRAFT PICKS: 2, 3, 15, 17, 18, 57, 82

Grade: A-

Got Pick No.3 as compensation for losing Ben McKay as an unrestricted free agent and managed to get five picks inside the top 20. Expect them to now turn their attention to West Coast’s No.1 pick.
Someone go see what poort will give us for our prized pick 82

He wasn’t specifically referring to pick 1 he was suggesting we may use two picks in order to trade up to a higher pick.

Yes, i understood that as well.

I was just suggesting that pick 1 was likely out of our reach in that case.

Almost agree with you but i don't like Caddy's inaccuracy in front of goal.

I'd rather take a speculative pick for a key forward like Wetherill or Kentfield. Both contested marking forwards which would compliment Larkey nicely and both are more accurate in front of goal. I think Kentfield kicked something like 19 goals 2 this year? Which shows he is accurate and probably taking more shots from dangerous positions.
I guess it worked for Larkey back in 2017.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back