Sheedy Sacked: Where will he go?

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Sheedy...Will he coach Richmond next season?

There is another scenario you did'nt mention. They sack Wallace, hire Sheedy and make the finals and get called smart.

We are talking about the Richmond Football Club here. Nothing has gone right for a loooooooong time.

Re: Sheedy to the Dees

Yet it's a sad fact for you that we are currently above you on the ladder and lets not even bring up premierships, history, etc. Might be 10 years before we make finals but at least we'll still be around in 10 years - who wil you follow when MFC collapse in a heap?

oooh so cocky. Weren't your lot the ones with 3 nails in the coffins a few months back? I know the dee's have a number of wealthy patrons who would step in if it got as bad as it did for carlton.

How many professions are there where a person gets the sack for being inept in the job, but then automatically headhunted by a better (more successful) company?

It amuses me that quite a few people are suggesting to go out and get Pagan or Sheedy to coach their own clubs when they have failed with the clubs that have sacked them.

Surely Hawthorn is a prime example of what a new, young coach can achieve with a group.

your not acknowledging the impact the draft and being so successful for some many years has on a team.. wasnt it like 13 finals series in a row essendon took part in before 2004? something along the lines from memory... sheeds hasnt failed with the bombers... people seem to forget last year we were 15th with only 3 wins from the season, up until 3 weeks ago we were 4th in the league... transforming a team from 15th to 4th is a mighty effort. hell even 15th to 10th is a decent effort..

Cartlon will throw a private jet at sheedy. He wouldnt go to the scum though, carlton will settle for Voss and fall further into the abyss. However if they have signs of life i would expect mckenna to coach the scum.

Sheeds will go to freo or richmond, bomber thomson might end up at the dons or danniher.

Pagan freo or melbourne.

If wallace gets axed he will to anything to get to freo, and will probably end up their.

So

Sheeds freo-richmond
Wallet freo-no where
Danniher Dons
Bomber Cats-Dons
Pagan Melb-Freo
i agree..
sheeds to lead fremantle to a 2008 grand final appearance
wallace- no where
daniher - essendon
bomber - cats
pagan- melbourne

There is another scenario you did'nt mention. They sack Wallace, hire Sheedy and make the finals and get called smart.
Stick with Wallace and make the finals is another scenario as well, do that and they will also be called smart. Nothing is a certainty and that is why Richmond can't win there are too many variables to consider. That is why IMO we stick with what we have right now and that is Wallace. It can't get any worse but it can get better.

Wonder why Harvey was so reluctant to take over from Connolly?

Wonder why Essendon moved so quickly?

The golden-haired boy was sent to Freo to complete his apprenticeship. Has been groomed by Sheedy and the Bombers for years to replace the master coach.

Who could pay Sheedy enough money to convince him not to hang up his coaching jacket just yet........ only Freo who have more money than sense.

What is the challenge for Sheeds? Beat the Eagles and make Freo the #1 team in the West, and lead them to their first flag.

It is a possibility!

i hope he goes there, richmond sure needs him and i would like to see them joint part of the "big 4" again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Wallace ended up at Carlton, it would not cost Richmond much at all.:rolleyes:

Would Carlton be interested in Wallace though??????

Re: Sheedy and Harvey...... straight swap?

I'd love to see Sheeds as coach here at Freo. But it depends on whether Sheeds' "Phase 3" includes coaching again.
He'd be good for us.
He'd kick some arse here, and eventually we'd kick some arse on the park!
C'mon, Sheeds, come on over! :thumbsu:

Can we please just let Terry Wallace see his contract through. He put together a 5 year plan for a reason.
You guys watch too many ****ing conspiracy movies.

Wallace will coach Richmond for the next 2 years.
If at that time, he hasn't done what he said he would do, then we look elsewhere.

Kevin Sheedy will never coach the Richmond football club.
We missed that boat years ago.

Why don't Richmond get rid of Miller and replace him with Sheedy.
Makes sense :thumbsu:

Wonder why Harvey was so reluctant to take over from Connolly?

Wonder why Essendon moved so quickly?

The golden-haired boy was sent to Freo to complete his apprenticeship. Has been groomed by Sheedy and the Bombers for years to replace the master coach.

Who could pay Sheedy enough money to convince him not to hang up his coaching jacket just yet........ only Freo who have more money than sense.

What is the challenge for Sheeds? Beat the Eagles and make Freo the #1 team in the West, and lead them to their first flag.

It is a possibility!

Nah, don't really see Sheeds leaving Victoria... except perhaps to take on the development of a brand new club. It'll be to the Tigers in a couple of years, or (if he starts coaching immediately) straight to Melbourne I reckon.

Four coaches sacked in the one season and it's only two-thirds gone. And guess what? None of the four have been from Richmond!
Wallace will live or die by the sword, but it won't be this year. For once, we'll stick with what we've got and see it through, for better or for worse.

I can see Harvey going to the Bombers, but not Sheedy going to Freo. Would only have 5 years left in him.

You saying Harvey doesn't have Heart & Nous !! Lucky your hiding behind your stilleto and the net.

He is a very cute boy I'll give you that. He has brooding good looks like that old bird's boyfriend on Sex & The City. That underwear model one.

P.S. Why am I lucky?

Re: If Richmond want Sheeds, Wallace will be sacked soon!

If this was on the cards they would have to stitch up Sheedy first and I wonder how he would view that without Wallace having been told first. Also Miller complicates things as they don’t see eye to eye. Imagine Richmond sacking Wallace, Sheedy knocking them back and then being in a five way battle for the pickings. Actually sounds pretty Richmond when you think about it.

Personally I think Richmond should move heaven and earth to get Sheedy for 3 years. It would pump the place up like nothing else could. Members, sponsors, broadcast deals etc would all fly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back