Sheedy Sacked: Where will he go?

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Sheedy to the Dees

don't laugh buddy you will have the mediocre one next

Didn't have the cattle at Melbourne for long enough and often enough. And didn't have the financial capacity to get the best players possible.

He won't have the same problems at Essendon than he did at Melbourne - and is truly loved out there by so many inside the club and those following it.

got my vote.

years ago the dees sacked a long serving successful coach. at the time they were a powerhouse and they never recovered. his name was Norm Smith

Essendon did the same thing.

How many professions are there where a person gets the sack for being inept in the job, but then automatically headhunted by a better (more successful) company?

It amuses me that quite a few people are suggesting to go out and get Pagan or Sheedy to coach their own clubs when they have failed with the clubs that have sacked them.

Surely Hawthorn is a prime example of what a new, young coach can achieve with a group.

How many professions are there where a person gets the sack for being inept in the job, but then automatically headhunted by a better (more successful) company?

It amuses me that quite a few people are suggesting to go out and get Pagan or Sheedy to coach their own clubs when they have failed with the clubs that have sacked them.

Surely Hawthorn is a prime example of what a new, young coach can achieve with a group.

Sheeds knows more about footy than a blockhead like voss.

Cartlon will throw a private jet at sheedy. He wouldnt go to the scum though, carlton will settle for Voss and fall further into the abyss. However if they have signs of life i would expect mckenna to coach the scum.

Sheeds will go to freo or richmond, bomber thomson might end up at the dons or danniher.

Pagan freo or melbourne.

If wallace gets axed he will to anything to get to freo, and will probably end up their.

So

Sheeds freo-richmond
Wallet freo-no where
Danniher Dons
Bomber Cats-Dons
Pagan Melb-Freo

I doubt Richmond will sack Wallace but if they had any goolies they would sack Wallace and Miller and offer Sheedy 3 years and complete control. He would pay for himself and Wallace’s payout overnight. The membership would bulge, sponsors would clamour to get on board, the draft picks would be beat up into world peace and there would be players spun into world beaters in the media by the bucket load. When the dust settled on all the hype, spin and Sheedy BS Richmond would still have a better coach, a far better marketing outlook and no Miller.

Melbourne should try and find the next Paul Roos and if they make a bad choice they’ll get draft picks for their trouble. They have missed their shot at a flag while Neitz and co could make an impact.

spot on, Miller is the problem

Richmond would have to be mad not to pursue Sheedy as next season's coach.
Being an ex-Tiger player, I'm sure he has had an ambition to coach them. Personally I think he will, given the opportunity and I think he would bring them up the ladder a fair bit. They've got some good young players and Sheeds would appreciate that.

Wallace must be lookink over his shoulder and he should worry, even in the next few weeks. He may be the next coach to fall on his sword.

Richmond fans must be very happy that the Bombers have decided to to renew Sheed's contract after this season and he would be odds on for the job at Tigerland.

Re: Sheedy...Will he coach Richmond next season?

So are you going to payout wallace I think it will be very close to a million bucks?.

Richmond would have to be mad not to pursue Sheedy as next season's coach.
Being an ex-Tiger player, I'm sure he has had an ambition to coach them. Personally I think he will, given the opportunity and I think he would bring them up the ladder a fair bit. They've got some good young players and Sheeds would appreciate that.

Wallace must be lookink over his shoulder and he should worry, even in the next few weeks. He may be the next coach to fall on his sword.

Richmond fans must be very happy that the Bombers have decided to to renew Sheed's contract after this season and he would be odds on for the job at Tigerland.
Have a look at the poll running on the Richmond board, currently most Richmond fans would prefer to stick with Wallace.

The thing is either way Richmond can't win from this. If they sack Wallace and hire Sheedy and remain where they are they get called idiots, if they stick with Wallace and forget Sheedy and remain where they are they will be called idiots.

That being the case the only thing to do is stick with the coach we have. If Sheedy sits in the media for a year or 2 and Wallace finishes his contract with no improvement then look at Sheedy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Their is a small rumour running around here that Sheeds has expressed great interest in taking control of the Tiwi Bombers in their first NTFL season. Maybe he will head up here during the off season (of AFL) and make his decision whilst he is here.

Tiges could easily afford it. They are one of the big 4 aren't they?

Go on tiges get rid of wallace - let the dogs fans have some happy times this year.

Not with Miller still at the club... Sheeds would show him up and the bumbling idiot he is and Greg's well aware of that.

Sign Sheedy for three years and Richmonds membership would rise to nearly 40k next year... would that be enough to pay out Wallet and Miller?

what would happen if a new ticket was formed to remove the current board at richmond. Say this ticket had John Ilham (crazy john bloke) and they were prepared to pay wallace out and allow sheedy to coach.

a big hypothetical i know, but you never know what could happen.

i reckon if sheedy went to richmond membership would increase by thousands almost overnight.

Have a look at the poll running on the Richmond board, currently most Richmond fans would prefer to stick with Wallace.

The thing is either way Richmond can't win from this. If they sack Wallace and hire Sheedy and remain where they are they get called idiots, if they stick with Wallace and forget Sheedy and remain where they are they will be called idiots.

That being the case the only thing to do is stick with the coach we have. If Sheedy sits in the media for a year or 2 and Wallace finishes his contract with no improvement then look at Sheedy.

That's if he's still living he'll be in his sixties by then.

what would happen if a new ticket was formed to remove the current board at richmond. Say this ticket had John Ilham (crazy john bloke) and they were prepared to pay wallace out and allow sheedy to coach.

a big hypothetical i know, but you never know what could happen.

i reckon if sheedy went to richmond membership would increase by thousands almost overnight.

Then we wouldn't have a clue who is the coach or who the players are because they would have Crazy John promotional stickers from head to toe

Crazy John is full of his own hot air and only uses the claim of joining a Richmond board position as a means for free exposure for himself and his business.

He has been singing the same song at the same time for a couple of years now.

That being the case the only thing to do is stick with the coach we have.

There is another scenario you did'nt mention. They sack Wallace, hire Sheedy and make the finals and get called smart.

If Richmond want Sheeds, Wallace will be sacked soon!

If in fact Richmond is interested in Sheeds, you have to think that Wallace would be sacked any day now!

You much rather have Richmond go under a caretaker coach now and let the players get over Wallace and once round 22 is over and Essendon are'nt in finals Sheedy can waltz in and do his business.

What an interesting season... so far 4/16 coaches gone!!! And no guarantees on Laidley, Thompson!

yeah right buddy, whoever takes on your rabble will be doing it 3 years and then get the arse because with that crap list it'll be 10 years before you make the finals, joyful and true

Yet it's a sad fact for you that we are currently above you on the ladder and lets not even bring up premierships, history, etc. Might be 10 years before we make finals but at least we'll still be around in 10 years - who wil you follow when MFC collapse in a heap?

I'd rather see Sheedy replace Demetriou.

Makes so much sense.

i have been saying this for ages, he would do for the AFL what every supporter wants.. more contested, replace this netball style of footy eg the in the back rule...

people say he has no experience business wise but what a lot of people dont understand is that the CEO is mostly a figurehead position.. yes they do work but most of the complex work gets done by people who work under him.. he just watches over...

if not a CEO he should definately be apart of something in the higher level of the AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back