News 2024 St.Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

That's a top shelf operator. Is he too old now?
Nisbett only very recently left the Eagles right, wouldn't he need a bit of break/time away to refresh?

Don't think he is too old, he was considering retirement however according to the article he just wanted to some time to refresh Hardwick style and then take a final new challenge. Just be mindful It is Gossage and Cummings providing this link, so we'll see what happens

There’s only 2 media guys that I’ve seen at training thus far..David King and Jon Ralph.
Both are quite positive about our season ahead!
This is going to sound typical Saints fanboi, but King used to be very critical of us and rightly so. Used to s.hit me no end.

Saw him at training last year, haven't this year but he was there when I wasn't. He gets to many Melbourne based clubs so he would have a better point of reference than any of us track watchers who concentrate only on the Saints. He constantly says he thinks we will improve. This would be based on what he saw last year, what he sees this year and in comparison to other clubs training.

Of course the only measure is gameday, but we can only go on training and from someone who gets to more than one club.

Tim Watson nominated Liam Henry as the best trade for needs by any club from last years trade period.

Honestly at this point in time with the way Cornes keeps carrying on every week in the SEN videos. I hope to god we make finals and both Adelaide and Port Miss out.

I've seen at least 3-4 videos now where he is basically shitting on the club, or at best giving backhanded compliments.

It's quite obvious it's all got to do with his predictions on us last year and how wrong he was. He claims to admit he was wrong on us but then in the same breath doubles down on his exact narrative from 2023.

On the other hand, he can't stop praising Adelaide in particular. Thinks they've got all the pieces and should finish basically top 4.
I honestly don’t get the Crows love in

I’d say it’s the game style. They play super fast attractive footy which everyone loves.

Yeah it’s odd. Honestly think they rely way too heavily on their Adelaide Oval advantage 9W-4L home & 2W-8L away.
Their wins away were
Hawks 79-76 @UTAS
Eagles 123-78 @ Optus
Like seriously? That’s like the worst away record in the league?

Media pundits carry on about how well they play there. And that’s all well and good, but you can’t rely on winning every home game to try and scrape into finals.

Their forward line is admittedly pretty good. But Tex is not far off falling away (34 this year).
They’re a high pressure team and rely heavily on their fwds and mids to put on a heap of pressure, cos their backline looks suspect as ****. So if the rest of the team aren’t delivering on their pressure, then they get exposed badly.

Cornes is just one eyed.

Yeah it’s odd. Honestly think they rely way too heavily on their Adelaide Oval advantage 9W-4L home & 2W-8L away.
Their wins away were
Hawks 79-76 @UTAS
Eagles 123-78 @ Optus
Like seriously? That’s like the worst away record in the league?

Media pundits carry on about how well they play there. And that’s all well and good, but you can’t rely on winning every home game to try and scrape into finals.

Their forward line is admittedly pretty good. But Tex is not far off falling away (34 this year).
They’re a high pressure team and rely heavily on their fwds and mids to put on a heap of pressure, cos their backline looks suspect as *. So if the rest of the team aren’t delivering on their pressure, then they get exposed badly.

Cornes is just one eyed.
Media certainly doesn’t like us at the moment. No mention of us at all, but probably suits us to fly under the radar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

idk if it's already been said, but noticing that our media team is really leaning into gimmicky stuff this year, reels with match cuts, that horoscope reel, I just saw some hype trailer looking post on youtube about the saints being in a new era or something, didn't even click it (and I normally click everything saints related).

not having a dig at the ones making it, but I think the direction from the top is wrong. I think we'd all prefer substance over this gimmicky stuff. This stuff is fine if there's also a 10 minute breakdown of the last training session with on the fly interviews in a last chance U kinda style. It would be so easy to do and would be so engaging for fans. They have all the gear and you really only need one shooter to get interesting stuff, it's not like it needs to be perfectly done, just film training, get some interviews, cut it together and throw it up on youtube. Idgaf about cal wilkie's most compatible horoscope, idgaf about how nicely edited the last hype video is, it's all hot air. Give us some substance.

idk if it's already been said, but noticing that our media team is really leaning into gimmicky stuff this year, reels with match cuts, that horoscope reel, I just saw some hype trailer looking post on youtube about the saints being in a new era or something, didn't even click it (and I normally click everything saints related).

not having a dig at the ones making it, but I think the direction from the top is wrong. I think we'd all prefer substance over this gimmicky stuff. This stuff is fine if there's also a 10 minute breakdown of the last training session with on the fly interviews in a last chance U kinda style. It would be so easy to do and would be so engaging for fans. They have all the gear and you really only need one shooter to get interesting stuff, it's not like it needs to be perfectly done, just film training, get some interviews, cut it together and throw it up on youtube. Idgaf about cal wilkie's most compatible horoscope, idgaf about how nicely edited the last hype video is, it's all hot air. Give us some substance.
That's substance abuse and there are groups for that...

I like what's being produced, but that's just me, I have a short attention span haha

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’ll have a word to the media guy when I see him & suggest more training footage be put up on the website

They are making content for younger people and the casual fan, hence the short clips which can be posted on multiple formats easily.

The amount of people wanting to watch a 10 minute video of training is small.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back