NFNL Div 2 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

looked to have announced most of their best players as signed.

Are the likes of Meale, Naismith etc going around for Lower again?
Spoke to Mitch Thompson last week, he said the clubs not chasing anyone and hoping they can build within with existing list.
PHill add gorski
I’m hearing Justin scooter white meeting with Whittlesea at the moment
That would be a huge get.
Any other movement happening we haven’t seen yet

Spoke to Mitch Thompson last week, he said the clubs not chasing anyone and hoping they can build within with existing list.
PHill add gorski
I’m hearing Justin scooter white meeting with Whittlesea at the moment
That would be a huge get.
Any other movement happening we haven’t seen yet
Mitch Thompson from laurimar **

Heard on of Lowers gun recruits has pulled the pin to return to their neighbour.

Brutal might be able to shed some more light.

Heard the same, looks pretty ordinary signing a contract and being all smiles over social media then back flip.

End of the day I suppose it's only local footy and you should not be forced to play somewhere you don't want to.

Heard the same, looks pretty ordinary signing a contract and being all smiles over social media then back flip.

End of the day I suppose it's only local footy and you should not be forced to play somewhere you don't want to.
Totally agree with its only local footy but maybe hes seen how much influence and pull some have at the club. No ida just an outsiders view from what you hear on the grapevine previously

Not ideal but clubs sell the dream and sometimes it’s not the reality.

Heard he came with a VFL mate (no idea who) who left with him as well.

Lower going to struggle you’d think. Only got the 1 player with a handful of retirees.

Utility Nathan stefanile on the move to dunnolly eagles. Straight swap for young up and coming midfielder Luke Crowley

DC look to have secured a few.

Booth isnt on the Pies vfl list which is huge. Flag favs?

"
As much as 10 players have requested transfers to join the Creekers today.

Connor Lidgerwood and Kyle Kankaanpaa are some of the names to make the move to last year’s Division 2 grand finalists.

Lidgerwood played 14 senior games for Panton Hill last year but did make 89 appearances at junior level with the Creekers.

Meanwhile Kankaanpaa comes to the club from Division 1 side Montmorency. After making his senior debut with the Magpies in 2022, he became a regular in the senior team, playing 17 matches last year, including both finals games.

Ben Major (Broadbeach) and Brodie Driscoll (Whittlesea) have also submitted requests to join the Creekers.

Another name to head to Coventry Oval is Mitchell Dale who after a year off football in 2023, will make the transfer from Hurstbridge.

Dale has played his entire senior and junior career with the Bridges, making 53 senior appearances with the club between 2016-2022.
"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not ideal but clubs sell the dream and sometimes it’s not the reality.

Heard he came with a VFL mate (no idea who) who left with him as well.

Lower going to struggle you’d think. Only got the 1 player with a handful of retirees.
Clamp and Reardon both back who played regular senior football, Lewis Tsourou and a couple of others and I think they are hoping to still pick up some.

Not saying they will be a contender but will certainly improve on last year. I think around mid table will be the spot.

Clamp and Reardon both back who played regular senior football, Lewis Tsourou and a couple of others and I think they are hoping to still pick up some.

Not saying they will be a contender but will certainly improve on last year. I think around mid table will be the spot.
Who finishes below you if you finish mid table?

Whilst I am associated with a Div 1 club, I am curious with Whittlesea. Has there ever been a club, that hasn't won a game all season then wins a flag in the following season at the lower division? Something tells me that might be on the cards. The two times I saw Whittlesea last year, they were about 4-5 players on the field from taking it up to sides consistently. A drop off of about 10-15% intensity, fitness levels required in Div 2 and some handy recruits, could they surge back in 12 months. Without following too much of div 2, Diamond creek I assume will be up to their necks also.

How does everyone see South going. There was a big gap between them and Eltham/DC. Has their recruitment closed that?
they should go ok they were not too far of the mark for their first hit in div 2 so a few recruits and and bit of tweaking to the defensive side other game and learning to apply pressure for longer periods during the game with a lift in fitness and they should be there about

How does everyone see South going. There was a big gap between them and Eltham/DC. Has their recruitment closed that?

Agree huge gap last year and recruiting will not help much. Can expect the same, enthusiasm of last year will wane IMO and will be a fringe top 5.

I also think top 3. Couple of very good recruits and some decent depth that they have bought in, with another year of playing together

“Northcote Park duo Alexander Boyse and Jordan Schroder are looking to join Daylesford in the Central Highlands Football League for the upcoming season.”

Lost a few back to Epping as well.

I think NP in for quite a lean year. Simply don’t have the depth to cover these losses.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back