Autopsy We pissed it in v the pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Feeling very sorry for Ash Johnson - apoarently he is copping all sorts of abuse online and has had to cancel all his social media.

McCrae did him no favours in the presser by all but guaranteeing he will be dropped. As far as I am aware, Longmire has never done that, and I would be confident, he never would. These things should be done behind closed doors and certainly not in the post match interview. Very poor by McCrae towards one of his players.

Wouldn't be surprised if we never see Ash pull on another Pies AFL jumper again - his confidence would be completely shot.

We should take bets as to what will be the next in game bizarre thing is going to happen at the Bombers game. Always something weird.
Has a relatively healthy 28 year old guy from Perth ever dropped dead from a heart attack watching a game before? If not, I'd put money on that!

BT's barracking for Collingwood was so bad and so blatant that Brayshaw spent the entire night actively trying to compensate by lavishing praise on us.

We get it, JB! We've made finals a lot! We're a great club! Buddy played for us! Now quick pop quiz - who is number 7 for Sydney?

hit teammates 20, 30, 40 metres downfield with bullet passes, often into small, well defended spaces ...
There was more than a couple of times when Gulden kicked the ball and I was like "why the hell would you put the ball there" only for it hit a teammate on the chest in close proximity to 4 or 5 defenders. Then I'm like "oh, because you're not human"

Has a relatively healthy 28 year old guy from Perth ever dropped dead from a heart attack watching a game before? If not, I'd put money on that!

Please Kiddo, don’t say that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching highlights, the commentary for seven is terrible full stop IMO. Richo is a boundary rider at best, BT clearly cheers for the team he likes etc.

What does stand out in highlights is every goal Brayshaw calls is just the players name and goal.

Heeeny GOAL!
sometimes he adds he doesn't miss these, pretty much the same every time, maybe thats all you can say, but just grating today

If it's purely about negating the opposition's best rebound defender, Fox would be better at it than Parker.

Very true

Its just that nice week where you think how the heck do you fit 3 guys in

I am sure it will get easier

Campbell - on replay he is involved in a lot of good players either directly or indirectly, would love him to get his numbers up more as it will benefit us big time, just doesnt quite get enough touches yet.

also Florent is going a bit unoticed , but having a good start to the year

Feeling very sorry for Ash Johnson - apoarently he is copping all sorts of abuse online and has had to cancel all his social media.

McCrae did him no favours in the presser by all but guaranteeing he will be dropped. As far as I am aware, Longmire has never done that, and I would be confident, he never would. These things should be done behind closed doors and certainly not in the post match interview. Very poor by McCrae towards one of his players.

Wouldn't be surprised if we never see Ash pull on another Pies AFL jumper again - his confidence would be completely shot.

geez ... i remember when coaches were like this ...

Campbell - on replay he is involved in a lot of good players either directly or indirectly, would love him to get his numbers up more as it will benefit us big time, just doesnt quite get enough touches yet.

also Florent is going a bit unoticed , but having a good start to the year
Good call out on Ollie. Playing very well, some of his work down back to spin and move the ball on allowing us to get out was truly outstanding.

BT's barracking for Collingwood was so bad and so blatant that Brayshaw spent the entire night actively trying to compensate by lavishing praise on us.

We get it, JB! We've made finals a lot! We're a great club! Buddy played for us! Now quick pop quiz - who is number 7 for Sydney?
Harley Caravan isn't it?

There was more than a couple of times when Gulden kicked the ball and I was like "why the hell would you put the ball there" only for it hit a teammate on the chest in close proximity to 4 or 5 defenders. Then I'm like "oh, because you're not human"

hahaha, yep, same ... i do remember he was doing that in his first games, not pulling it off quite as often but when he did, wow, you couldn't help thinking "what have we got here!?"
and i remember it happening last season too, and noticing he was getting better at it
now to last night, and he seemed to do it anytime he needed to, and the spaces seemed even smaller
he's just so sure of his left foot

i don't go on the main board much but the general consensus, even among people who hate the swans, is "wish we had gulden" ...
and i think there's been a few more "wish we had warner" comments again these first two games of the season

just pondering the nick daicos v gulden debate ... gulden can still do his thing in limited space, as he did a few times last night ... for starters, gulden can still pull the trigger on that boot ...
take away the space and time daicos was afforded last season and you get last night's ineffectual performance
Daicos was great last night, but the difference between him and Gulden is Daicos will go the short pass when under pressure. Gulden manages to evade and find a long piercing kick.

I still think Daicos was great, easily their best and a toss between him and Heeney as best on ground for me

Remove this Banner Ad

Back