Preview Hot pies vs winged Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unsurprising that you don't understand the concept of roles.

Rowbottom's performance in his career to date speaks for itself. He has shown potential far beyond your selective B-grader rating. Youngest mid we'd had in nearly a decade in 2019. Elite as a teenager in 2020. Steered us to a grand final in 2022.

He's being used in a different capacity right now. Maybe take that into account instead of persistently laying your boot into the kid.

None of that makes sense to me

Not what you are saying, but changing the role, he was on an upward trajectory...seems like shooting oneself in the foot to me

Look we could use a bigger defender for the “monsters” no doubt, but Tom is the least of our problems.

100%

There is no big beast defender on the swans ready to go anyway, Tom, Rampe for years punch above their station and do it well.

Paddy (concussions aside who knows) may look like a brick shithouse but he isnt playing 1 on 1 anytime soon

Good to see McInerny found some form after a week out of the seniors.

Ridiculous. But that's where we are at I suppose. Lack of ruthlessness across the whole club at the moment. You only have to look at some blokes currently being gifted games atm to tell you that if we are heading towards building a premiership list coaching dept are dead set taking the piss.

I honestly have no idea how this “isn’t physically ready” theory came about.

And I cannot believe Horse suddenly decided midway through a game that “nah, he’s not physically ready, I won’t give him a run on the ball”.

Sheldrick has been single-handedly carrying the VFL midfield against AFL listed players all season. He’s been tagged by 25 year old hardened players and succeeded.

I think, instead, he got lost in the forward pocket last week & didn’t quite know when to crack-in and when to hold space. The art of being a small forward is lost on him.

Physicality isn’t the problem (although he is only 19 and years off being fully hardened). But If you think it he’s not strong, I’d suggest watching the VFL today.

He played 43% game time,

100% of his possies (only 3 ) were in the defensive half, he was no where near the ball.

He may well be a dud , I don't know, but I am not sure what we wanted him to show in 30 minutes out of position away from the action,

The way he was used screamed, no faith, not ready, afterthought

But unless he is forced to Horse doesn't give kids a decent go anyway, in fact they usually just get there because they are talented, arguably in spite of him, he doesn't strike me as a particularly great developer of talent, they better just be ready to go, his style won't help.

I think he is better at eeking out something from a solid player than developing a talent, 2019/20 he just had to finally ******* play people.

Ridiculous. But that's where we are at I suppose. Lack of ruthlessness across the whole club at the moment. You only have to look at some blokes currently being gifted games atm to tell you that if we are heading towards building a premiership list coaching dept are dead set taking the piss.

If we can bottle it up with some slightly more mature bodies we might not get flogged and just lose by 40 😂

None of that makes sense to me

Not what you are saying, but changing the role, he was on an upward trajectory...seems like shooting oneself in the foot to me
I wholeheartedly agree.

But I also can kinda see the reasons. In essence we kinda have to shaft him to make up for the defensive deficiencies of a lot of our other players.

But I reckon enough is enough now. He's more than earned the chance to have his potential explored like the others.

Be interesting to see the match ups with Francis out. I thought Fox was the ideal match up for Elliott, but he probably won’t be able to do that now.

McCartin probably plays on Cox/Frampton, Fox on Mihocek and Blakey on Johnson. Cunningham will get Hill as he won’t be able to go with Elliott in the air. Unfortunately it means that Elliott will probably be dangerous and turn his slump around.
We make everyone turn their slump around

I wonder if Rowy’s in doubt for tomorrow? He was injured last week and doesn’t seem to be participating in the captain’s run today. We might see Sheldrick again sooner than we thought.
Well both Sheldrick and Francis skipped out on the reserves. Often you’ll have them (or at least one of them) play a quarter or half if it’s the day before.

All the players are in Melbourne so… maybe someone is in doubt

Well both Sheldrick and Francis skipped out on the reserves. Often you’ll have them (or at least one of them) play a quarter or half if it’s the day before.

All the players are in Melbourne so… maybe someone is in doubt
Sometimes it's better to be down to the raw bones.
That way you can see which of the players are resilient enough to make a go of regular footy.

If we can bottle it up with some slightly more mature bodies we might not get flogged and just lose by 40 😂
I'm hearing ya. Would be great to limit the damage taking it on face value but let's face it nothing but a win is acceptable to reinstate some part of our reputation as a finals contender of some ilk.

I'm hearing ya. Would be great to limit the damage taking it on face value but let's face it nothing but a win is acceptable to reinstate some part of our reputation as a finals contender of some ilk.

Id rather dare to win, I just assume we are going safe

Id rather dare to win, I just assume we are going safe
Agree. Take the game on and take your chances. If by some chance though you get in a winning position or at least some ascendency that is heading in that direction be prepared to knuckle down and answer the challenge that will clearly come. We are clearly not in that space at the moment be it Collingwood or any other team going out to secure the 4 points. We need to get that steel and resilience back very soon otherwise this season is going to be completely in tatters that will result some serious doubt as to weather this list is indeed the right breed to win a premiership. Talent or perceived talent only takes your so far. Its attitude and fortitude are the key ingredients that go with it that gets the result. If the trend continues though it should rightly raise questions of where the whole club is heading. After all 6 months ago we had the best young talent in the AFL and were heading down a path of sustained success to now starting to really show signs of concern. As far as the heavy defeat in the GF goes affecting this year's performances goes it is the biggest cop out and croc of s**t I can think of. The only legitimate excuse that can be used partially is the severe loss of structure injury has caused. This however is not a reason for the 93 point drubbing at the shithole nor the losses against Port or GWS. Show more of the doggedness of the Richmond win and you never lose those 2 games or respectability.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Letting gws kick 17 goals doesn’t fill me with any confidence we can hold them to under 20 even though horse was super happy with the performance
We've gone from 30 scoring shots given up to 21, at this rate at this rate Fremantle will only have 3 scoring shots.

Daring to win is believing in the work you've done, the players that got you the win in the preliminary final, and that the reviewing and messaging you've done as a group stands for something. Daring to win is believing in your system, process, and judgement. It's believing your players are capable of doing the job and you know what it is.

Daring to win is not giving significant responsibility to a second gamer to play 100% on ball when they're not ready, making a new recruit slot into defence when they're not ready or giving a player opportunity they haven't earned. That's daring to lose

The job is to win not make our depth rookies and recruits look good

Last edited:
Daring to win is not giving significant responsibility to a second gamer to play 100% on ball when they're not ready, making a new recruit slot into defence when they're not ready or giving a player opportunity they haven't earned. That's daring to lose

The job is to win not make our depth rookies and recruits look good

Point wasn't worth posting 3 times thats for sure!!!

poor bastard you have on ignore too, random. 😂

Some commentary saying Dylan Stephens stuck around after the VFL game today & spent ages just chatting to the fans.

Plenty of happy kids apparently & parents saying what a lovely bloke he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back