Autopsy Swans wings clipped by the Lions: 97 to 81

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
A significantly better effort from the team tonight, disappointed we couldn't get a win. Parker, Blakey & Sheldrick great games, Braeden Campbell and I thought Cunningham did a great job on Charlie C. Papley & Warner not so much...what the frack lads??:eek:

Pressure & contested footy first half was great to see, unfortunately our second half wasn't up to expectations we lacked composure and some players just flat out disappeared.

We just can't run out a game and its super frustrating:sadv1:

Some umpiring decisions required a clue the rest of us clearly didn't have.

Have at it.

Can't say I have a close look at this board during match day, but after tonight I have to say I realise how pathetic it is to be refreshing and reading a lot of the posts that go on when we are losing. It's completely normal for players to make a mistake or have s**t game but some people on here completely lost the plot to the point it's like players in that situation aren't worthy of the shirt. Absolute shitshow this place is sometimes and some of you really need to get a grip and have a little perspective sometimes. Some of you rattle off a list of players that should be dropped, but who would you replace them with? Seriously... who? Like I said, get a grip and stop being so reactive. Piss off if you disagree. Yes, had a few beers.

Good intent and effort which is all I expect at the moment.

Forward line is completely dysfunctional and somehow looked worse without Franklin.

A few positives to take into next week

Thought we showed intent and really got on top in the 2nd but didn’t take our chances

They had over 30 scoring shots which isn’t good enough defensively

Harry was out standing

Parker still has to carry a few

Drop Hayward

Thought Melican did well at the end

Run defensively Warner

Paps just keep ya mouth shut or piss of to Melbourne

Some of you rattle off a list of players that should be dropped, but who would you replace them with?
Good question. Players who should have taken steps haven't. Players who were AA quality have gonr backwards. Then the injuries.

Something awful happened to the club in the off season and I just don't know what it is

Can't say I have a close look at this board during match day, but after tonight I have to say I realise how pathetic it is to be refreshing and reading a lot of the posts that go on when we are losing. It's completely normal for players to make a mistake or have s**t game but some people on here completely lost the plot to the point it's like players in that situation aren't worthy of the shirt. Absolute shitshow this place is sometimes and some of you really need to get a grip and have a little perspective sometimes. Some of you rattle off a list of players that should be dropped, but who would you replace them with? Seriously... who? Like I said, get a grip and stop being so reactive. Piss off if you disagree. Yes, had a few beers.
Some people go over the top, but there's definitely a few that should be dropped.

Season most likely over, it was banking on Buddy not dropping off this season, Reid not being injured and Heeney being at 100% anyway. Those are just 3 factors alone. The 3 of the them are hard to replace, and it showed. Endeavour was there, just not the class.

Sheldrick coming on nicely however, a big plus.

Completely agree.
Some people go over the top, but there's definitely a few that should be dropped.
All good and well to say they should be dropped but which players in the VFL currently deserve a call up?

Incoming whipping of role players due to the midfield dropping away completely as usual. The usual Francis, Hayward, mcinerney, papley and wicks didn't pick up the slack bullshit incoming. Lucky the commentators pointed out the brilliant job Cunningham did so it won't be popular for y'all to target him this time. The midfield is broken, that's where it starts and ends (props to Rowbottom and Sheldrick tho). Wont be reading the rest of the thread.

Special mention to gulden and Parker, didn't let up all night. But unfortunately the engine room is very limited atm with Warner not pulling is weight.

Might be odd to say, but honestly I think overall that has been our best game in quite a while. Post game the boys were huddling around parker and obviously saying something along those lines, must have been really proud. Disappointing result, but the intent and effort was really strong, put up a good fight. Too many technical errors, and couldn't keep up pace in the contested game. Out classed by the better team, fair play move on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Early calls, also depends on reserves and injuries.

Out: Wicks, Hayward, Francis, Buller.
In: Buddy, Arnold, Stephens, whoever is best out of Corey Warner and HHK tomorrow

Incoming whipping of role players due to the midfield dropping away completely as usual. The usual Francis, Hayward, papley and wicks didn't pick up the slack bullshit incoming. Lucky the commentators pointed out the brilliant job Cunningham did so it won't be popular for y'all to target him this time. The midfield is broken, that's where it starts and ends (props to Rowbottom and Sheldrick tho). Wont be reading the rest of the thread.
Couldn't believe the pot shots at Cunningham last week. Didn't put a foot wrong but his name was at the top of the whipping boy list that week apparently.

That first quarter was an immense effort. Out tackled Brisbane 2:1.

Then the umps completely changed the game by killing out effort and gifting the lions a huge run in the second. Couldn't keep up after that, you'd expect the lions to finish stronger the way we've been playing this year.

Sheldrick immense, why ToG so low.
Didn't expect much from our Rookie forwards and they sure met that expectation. Amarety with some good marks around the ground but that's about it.

Rowbottom played a great game, attacked when needed, gloved Nealbratore reasonably well. 22 tackles between he and Parker, Wowee
Cunningham shut down their most dangerous forward on a night they had 30+ scoring shots.

30+scoring shots with fox playing mostly up forward? 🥴

Just need our spine back and suddenly Warner Gulden and Campbell can go back to being the cherries on top instead of constantly relied upon

Thank you mate. So grateful someone called out this nonsense. Some of the criticism is frankly hysterical and really dissapointing. I totally understand passion but some of the commentary is absurd. I even heard people complaining about Amartey! He was the only tall forward to showing anything and clunk some good marks. Not bad for second game back.
Someone even called Hayward an idio^ for missing the goal and someone else said he is dumb. I mean really guy are you that low?? I thought he competed really well... he is not a great set shot but that doesn;t make him an idio^.... only the person saying it.
Lions are a class above - and I thought it was a decent effort tonight... not wirthstanding 5 goals resuting from 5 frees... who know's we may have won.
Hey its a shi^year but we have been decimated by injuries. Take a lot whats happened to the Cats since half of their midfield has been out.

Thank you mate. So grateful someone called out this nonsense. Some of the criticism is frankly hysterical and really dissapointing. I totally understand passion but some of the commentary is absurd. I even heard people complaining about Amartey! He was the only tall forward to showing anything and clunk some good marks. Not bad for second game back.
Someone even called Hayward an idio^ for missing the goal and someone else said he is dumb. I mean really guy are you that low?? I thought he competed really well... he is not a great set shot but that doesn;t make him an idio^.... only the person saying it.
Lions are a class above - and I thought it was a decent effort tonight... not wirthstanding 5 goals resuting from 5 frees... who know's we may have won.
Hey its a shi^year but we have been decimated by injuries. Take a lot whats happened to the Cats since half of their midfield has been out.
I think King was calling himself an idiot for talking Hayward up just before the spray

Having no hope or expectations of playing finals might be the best thing for this group.

Something hasn't been right mentally since the GF and we go into our shells under pressure.

Now we've hit rock bottom they can take the shackles of expectation off and just play for pride.

That first quarter was an immense effort. Out tackled Brisbane 2:1.

Then the umps completely changed the game by killing out effort and gifting the lions a huge run in the second. Couldn't keep up after that, you'd expect the lions to finish stronger the way we've been playing this year.

Sheldrick immense, why ToG so low.
Didn't expect much from our Rookie forwards and they sure met that expectation. Amarety with some good marks around the ground but that's about it.

Rowbottom played a great game, attacked when needed, gloved Nealbratore reasonably well.

Just need our spine back and suddenly Warner Gulden and Campbell can go back to being the cherries on top instead of constantly relied upon
Totally agree re umps.. looked they sucked the life out of us.
Sheldrick looks a goer.
Campbell growing too.
Re Amartey.. isnt that what tall forwards are meant to do.. take marks?? He also competed reasonably well at ground level too for a big unit.

This is a game you’d likely pencil in as a “L” at the start of the season - even with our full side.

I’m not disappointed after tonight’s effort. We cracked in hard.

Parker and Rowy absolutely led by example.

Sheldrick shows we have a really good player emerging.

Cunningham shut down one of the league’s premier small forwards.

The only player I’m really angry with - Wicks. A stupid, selfish act that shifted momentum. His teammates have every right to be annoyed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back