Autopsy Swans wings clipped by the Lions: 97 to 81

Remove this Banner Ad

The 4 umpires is not working. Shitty frees. Terrible umpiring just getting more terrible. If these were Premier League referees not one would be allowed near the top level. In fact, they would end up in the lowest comps because they are either incompetent or biased. A biased PL ref gets a bomb in his car. So it just doesn't happen.

Number 12 umpire was a hugely biased umpire and won them the game in the end

On CPH2471 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Number 12 is a Brisbane boy who umpired the junior comps up here.

Pretty sure Wicks has a relative who has posted on these boards.

At least be mindful going too nuts on our own. It wasn’t a great moment for him and I’ve been critical of ill
Discipline in the side but….. don’t mind seeing some of our blokes with a bit of mongrel. If he could just channel it into good hard (but fair) contests he’ll be fine.

I think he must have had some mates umpiring the reserves game. Absolutely atrocious.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Doesn’t surprise me. Seen plenty of corruption up here in footy.

My coach beat me up in front of the team ending with throwing me into a fence. I cried as a 15 year old in front of them (hard to recover from that) and then had to sit there listening to the let’s keep this in house as a team and not tell our parents crap.

The next year the Galloping Gasometer became our coach and he was awesome.

Doesn’t surprise me. Seen plenty of corruption up here in footy.

My coach beat me up in front of the team ending with throwing me into a fence. I cried as a 15 year old in front of them (hard to recover from that) and then had to sit there listening to the let’s keep this in house as a team and not tell our parents crap.

The next year the Galloping Gasometer became our coach and he was awesome.
Wow mate, that's awful and unacceptable. Sorry you had to go through that.

Pretty sure Wicks has a relative who has posted on these boards.

At least be mindful going too nuts on our own. It wasn’t a great moment for him and I’ve been critical of ill
Discipline in the side but….. don’t mind seeing some of our blokes with a bit of mongrel. If he could just channel it into good hard (but fair) contests he’ll be fine.

It's his Dad from memory, forget the username though.

Either way, I reckon Wicks would be more furious with himself than we are with him.

Get off wicks case. He made a slight error, give me a spell.

2wks is crazy, should be a week. At least the fella flies the flag, a lot of you lot have forgotten what it means to play for the guernsey.
I thought Wicks has been ok since coming back into team. I think he has kicked 4 goals in 3 games.

I would rather see him be overaggressive than the players non competitiveness in the Geelong game in round 6. I hope Wicks comes back and gets games later in the season.

I thought Wicks has been ok since coming back into team. I think he has kicked 4 goals in 3 games.

I would rather see him be overaggressive than the players non competitiveness in the Geelong game in round 6. I hope Wicks comes back and gets games later in the season.
He's got the right small forward attitude. Just has to control it. He was putting alot of pressure on with his tackling prior to his indiscretion. I think we just need to keep persisting, especially given Konstanty looks a long way off.

Smoke WC next week and we're a game off 8th.

It won't matter though. We can't beat anyone in or around the top 8. We seem incapable of causing an upset this year. Beating Carlton seems to be our limit. There are serious problems with the umpiring bias and injuries, but it still doesn't quite account for how poor we are. St Kilda steamrolling us in the last qtr was the definitive reality check. We're simply no good and have become cannon fodder for the better teams. We give everyone a somewhat competitive game but never seriously threaten to topple anyone. Even Hawthorn, Richmond and GWS cause an occasional upset. We just meekly roll over every single time.

Serious questions need to be asked of the coaching and fitness staff. There is no excuse for falling off a cliff like this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It won't matter though. We can't beat anyone in or around the top 8. We seem incapable of causing an upset this year. Beating Carlton seems to be our limit. There are serious problems with the umpiring bias and injuries, but it still doesn't quite account for how poor we are. St Kilda steamrolling us in the last qtr was the definitive reality check. We're simply no good and have become cannon fodder for the better teams. We give everyone a somewhat competitive game but never seriously threaten to win. Even Hawthorn, Richmond and GWS cause an occasional upset. We just meekly roll over every single time.

Serious questions need to be asked of the coaching and fitness staff. There is no excuse for falling off a cliff like this.
I have my hopes pinned that it's just the hangover from the GF thumping and next year we are back to what worked so well last year.

Aaaaand the injury gods are a bit kinder......

Wicks hardly king hit the guy , it's a free kick , no worse than Gulden being dumped after kicking multiple times imo
The actors guild are looking for Lester’s subs, he is overdue. Even the Wicks “hit”, which is worth a week once the 50 was paid he got up pretty quick and unaffected. He was the same player who performed in the Parker 50 I think ? If so, should be at least fined for staging.

I have my hopes pinned that it's just the hangover from the GF thumping and next year we are back to what worked so well last year.

Aaaaand the injury gods are a bit kinder......
It just might be we are doing a Melbourne…..big year, then a very awful year then…well, you know the rest.

McAndrew might be the next Gawn….

Looking at how freo are going currently we might get one back on them, but we've got no way to catch up to bombers, Geelong without major upsets

It won't matter though. We can't beat anyone in or around the top 8. We seem incapable of causing an upset this year. Beating Carlton seems to be our limit. There are serious problems with the umpiring bias and injuries, but it still doesn't quite account for how poor we are. St Kilda steamrolling us in the last qtr was the definitive reality check. We're simply no good and have become cannon fodder for the better teams. We give everyone a somewhat competitive game but never seriously threaten to topple anyone. Even Hawthorn, Richmond and GWS cause an occasional upset. We just meekly roll over every single time.

Yep. We are in 14th right now and I honestly think that's where we will stay. I could see us moving either side of the Freo/Carlton sandwich but that's it; 13th-15th is our range this season.

We are really not good enough.

Yep. We are in 14th right now and I honestly think that's where we will stay. I could see us moving either side of the Freo/Carlton sandwich but that's it; 13th-15th is our range this season.

We are really not good enough.

We are tracking in similiar fashion to Port 2008 season.

Dont think anyone would of imagined a drop this far

Remove this Banner Ad

Back