Autopsy Swans wings clipped by the Lions: 97 to 81

Remove this Banner Ad

Holy shieett it's looking like we're gonna be bottom four by the end of this round.

Not good.

That said I reckon we'll get some more wins on the run home with returning personnel and some easier teams to play. Also reckon that with finals out of the equation it might just take some of the pressure off and we can play like we have nothing to lose.

Holy shieett it's looking like we're gonna be bottom four by the end of this round.

Not good.

That said I reckon we'll get some more wins on the run home with returning personnel and some easier teams to play. Also reckon that with finals out of the equation it might just take some of the pressure off and we can play like we have nothing to lose.

I tipped the suns

so the way my tipping is going yep probably bottom 4

Unfortunately it completely changed the momentum of the second quarter. Obviously plays on edge but I think split second is a little forgiving... it just wasn't necessary at all or even tough. Needs to get that out of his game. Shame for him as he has just come back in and may need to fight to get back in again.
Yes I have no idea what he was thinking and it didn’t look split-second enough to say he wasn’t thinking.

I'd be keeping Wicks in the 2s well before Warner. You want to see lazy & selfish? * cue Wicks highlights *

He isn’t good enough anyway let’s be real he’s had a couple of AFL standard games the rest are VFL.

Two weeks for Wicks, graded careless high impact high contact.

High impact is taking the piss a bit.

Don't really care because hopefully we're upgrading him for Mills anyway

Meh it’s about right and honestly deserves every week for being brainless

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not good.

Smoke WC next week and we're a game off 8th.

I'd be keeping Wicks in the 2s well before Warner. You want to see lazy & selfish? * cue Wicks highlights *

Wicks is terrible and unsportsmanlike. Would happily see him never play for the club again.

My point was about a statement selection. Dropping Wicks is a no brainer even though the suspension makes the decision for us.

Dropping Warner, on the other hand, is a statement that no matter how good you are on the attack, if you don't run both ways you don't get a game. Now like I said, this won't happen because those kind of decisions aren't made any more because a player can get annoyed and force a trade whenever they like.

In any case, putting umpires to one side, I thought Swans put in a great display versus a tough opponent. Key mentions, similar to others:

Rowbottom was exceptional early, I hope over time he can be that good over 4 quarters, unfortunately faded as game went on.

Sheldrick really stood up in the 3rd quarter, he has announced himself over last 2wks. Very impressive and the exact type of player we need in the engine room, ball winner and excited for our young midfield.

Parker again was physical and lead from the front, have been very impressed with his last 3 games.

Cunningham, Lloyd and Blakey were exceptional in defence last night.

Amartey just needs a run of games but has all the attributes to make it. Takes big blokes a bit longer to find their touch.

McLean is a worry and question mark for mine. I think we can upgrade.

Felt sorry for Buller, tough first game. Very small signs, let’s see how he goes with a full preseason.

Campbell is really starting to flourish.

Our fitness is woeful, that 3rd quarter, Lions ran all over us, it improved slightly in 4th quarter but we were outworked. Unsure if it’s because we have a young midfield, need time to build their tanks or we haven’t made the same sacrifices as last year.

Does anyone know if we changed fitness or conditioning staff?

It is perplexing. Fitness is the base to provide consistency of performance, which we are severely lacking.
I like that we are addressing our midfield weakness and trialling other combinations. We look better with hard headed ball getters in the guts, with our good users waiting on the outside.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back