Preview Round 2, 2024: Hawthorn v Melbourne, MCG 4.35pm 23rd March

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sicily and Toby Greene are the only two players in the AFL that cop suspensions like this

The AFL are all about the 'look of the game '
How 6-8 players are allowed to come at one opposition player and have that player do nothing is laughable .
No doubt he will get a week , because its him.

I can imagine what would have happened if 2-3 of our guys jumped in. They would have copped fines/suspensions for joining in .

Its laughable but equally predictable . Maybe the AFL for once can use some common sense 😆

It's for kicking out. He clearly did it and it was stupid.

Not for pushing and shoving.
Yep - didn’t notice it at the time due to the bump and Andy being off the ground and getting tipped over (which I thought was fine by James)

However it’s clear James also kicked out at him on the way down - and that’s not on.

Deserves no more than a week due to minimal contact.

Stupid thing to do, and he will be watching from the stands (again) as a result.

If no Sicily:

Impey - Frost - Hardwick
Weddle - Phillips - Scrimshaw

Ruck - Newcombe - Ward
Amon - Worpel - D'Ambrosio

Moore - Lewis - Ginnivan
Breust - Chol - Watson

Bench: MacDonald - Mackenzie - Hustwaite - Nash

Sub: Gunston

I'm looking forward to us running out with Moore as captain next week and hopefully in 2025.

Sicily is a great player and he has carried us to many wins almost singlehandedly but he loses his head too easily.

The AFL do him no favours with how he is umpired. Teams know they can target him without any recourse. Still it's embarrassing how he keeps getting sucked in.

On a brighter note he will be fresh and raring to go against the cats.
Also gives Philips or Serong a chance to ply their wares against a top 4 team

What is so frustrating is that whenever Sic is suspended it's usually for stuff that whilst silly, is not dangerous and never actually harms the oppo player (the tackle last year that knocked out the Lions player aside and that was just bad luck and a football act).

Yet Maynard literally ends a players career and is fine to play the next week?

I'm not saying James doesn't have the odd brain fart but geez the AFL go in studs first where he is concerned whilst other players like Judd did some absolutely dog acts (the chicken wing tackle) and somehow maintained the illusion of being a "fair" player.

In conclusion the tribunal is just one big popularity contest!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm looking forward to us running out with Moore as captain next week and hopefully in 2025.

Sicily is a great player and he has carried us to many wins almost singlehandedly but he loses his head too easily.

The AFL do him no favours with how he is umpired. Teams know they can target him without any recourse. Still it's embarrassing how he keeps getting sucked in.
8 guys versus 1.

In the same scenario I'm using every dirty trick in the book to even the odds.

Feck the AFL, bunch of virtue signalling tosspots 🤬

8 guys versus 1.

In the same scenario I'm using every dirty trick in the book to even the odds.

Feck the AFL, bunch of virtue signalling tosspots 🤬

I'm pretty disappointed in our defensive unit not flying the flag for Sicily there.

The AFL are campaigners but Sicily needs to learn to play the game.

It's what makes Dangerfield so insufferable. He knows how to play politics and present an image.

We won’t be challenging.

I thought this part was poorly umpired.

But i was just as disappointed with our side. Essendon ganged up on him and no one really ran over and stood up for the skipper.
When he continued to have a bad day, I didn't see to many players with a cool head helping out. It was a clear tactic from the bombers our poor kicking and the skippers impact in the game cost us the win.

What is so frustrating is that whenever Sic is suspended it's usually for stuff that whilst silly, is not dangerous and never actually harms the oppo player (the tackle last year that knocked out the Lions player aside and that was just bad luck and a football act).

Yet Maynard literally ends a players career and is fine to play the next week?

I'm not saying James doesn't have the odd brain fart but geez the AFL go in studs first where he is concerned whilst other players like Judd did some absolutely dog acts (the chicken wing tackle) and somehow maintained the illusion of being a "fair" player.

In conclusion the tribunal is just one big popularity contest!
Jordan Lewis got suspended 5 times in a row without actually hurting anyone.

I thought this part was poorly umpired.

But i was just as disappointed with our side. Essendon ganged up on him and no one really ran over and stood up for the skipper.
When he continued to have a bad day, I didn't see to many players with a cool head helping out. It was a clear tactic from the bombers our poor kicking and the skippers impact in the game cost us the win.
What I don't like is that because it Sicily the umps allow it to happen.

It's like oppo players have freedom from the umps to step way over the line to antagonise him, just because it's James Sicily

Absolutely p..s poor officiating

What I don't like is that because it Sicily the umps allow it to happen.

It's like oppo players have freedom from the umps to step way over the line to antagonise him, just because it's James Sicily

Absolutely p..s poor officiating
Yep, they let things go completely until Sicily does something (anything).

An opposition player just has to fall over and they'll assume he did something free-kick worthy when usually it's a clear dive

to be fair he's significantly better at it now than he used to be. every player does a dumb thing every now and then, but i don't think he's consistently having brainfades and getting angry any more than most other players these days. the ACL matured him significantly as a player and as a man. it was stupid but its a pretty flipping soft thing to get suspended for and he clearly gets targeted unfairly, much like Greene (who has also matured too after becoming GWC capt)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back