News NMFC & Tassie (the mass debate re our future there, the academy, attending advice)

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawks and us have been trying to collect members there for yonks and we get about 8k to a game.

Now all of a sudden you’re telling me there’s over 100k keen as mustard.

Either we’ve done a horrible job or something don’t smell right.

Hawks and us have been trying to collect members there for yonks and we get about 8k to a game.

It's $10 for a founding membership, and it's for a brand new club with a new history that will solely represent that state as opposed to a FIFO job. Bit of apples and oranges with the comparison.

It’s 100k memberships at $10, not 100k people who will be members.
Plenty of people would have bought a similar thing if we’d offered it in 2006/2007 just to show support.

I want this team to be up and running and the sooner the better.
I don't care what they do, memberships, logos, jumpers - I really couldn't give a f***.
Give me home games back in Victoria now. I don't want to wait till 2028.

I know theyre supported on here, but Jenn Watt and Sonja will be judged on how they manage our exit out of Tasmania.
So far Jenn is pushing this corporate shit down our throats and I am not sure it will end well. I hope she doesn't f*** this up because it'll be her neck and the presidents if they turn away supporters as they team begins to play well.

Fudged data, these are show of interest type votes and not actual number. Wait til their 2nd year.

$10 memberships. I could buy 50 North Melbourne ones for what I give the club to not be able to turn up to games because they’re scheduled at 1:45 pm on a Saturday

Yeah, this parts not correct.

Am a nurse, working in public health. We only 3 months ago got a pay rise that brought us in line with most of Australia, which will be superseded as soon as the other states renegotiate their EBAs.

It's why our nursing ranks are decimated, we're NOT getting paid to stay
is that right? it's not the spin that's been put around in industrial relations circles in Melbourne for a long time. Teach me to check the timing of increases rather than the power of propaganda

I don't care what they do, memberships, logos, jumpers - I really couldn't give a f***.

I know theyre supported on here, but Jenn Watt and Sonja will be judged on how they manage our exit out of Tasmania.
So far Jenn is pushing this corporate s*t down our throats and I am not sure it will end well. I hope she doesn't f** this up because it'll be her neck and the presidents if they turn away supporters as they team begins to play well.
I highly doubt we will bring those games back to Victoria immediately no matter how much we threaten to hold our breath until we turn royal blue. They will stay in Hobart unless / until we find a way to replace that revenue, or 2028 when we no longer have the option.

A founding membership is $10 and in exchange you get a sticker. Or if you're mister moneybags you can pay $15 and get THREE stickers.
Should’ve been $10 gets you a beanie, if you were born in Tasmania you get two beanies..

I have had enough of this constant Tassie PR campaign for a while, it's saturation flag waving is becoming a little tiresome
I can't get enough! People on BigFooty (even know this board) called me all sorts of names for saying it'll happen one day, so now they can cop it lol

Outside the box, but the club has always been innovative....

Bring the game to Japan...... logistically a lot easier than the NRL's vegas experiment....not to mention the Japanese (125million of them) are sports mad, and they'd really appreciate the physicality of our game. Would require a long term commitment from the club and AFL, and probably some "friendship cultural exchange" support from both governments, but it could be huge (unlike pooorta's half assed crack at china who on the whole don't give a toss about sport and while a lot of them, the majority lack the financial means to pay money to go and watch it.)

Also, we have the same colours as the LA Dodgers who've just signed Ohtani and Yamamoto to combined contract values of over USD 1 billion. The whole of Japan just became Dodgers fans, and they've sold out of merchandise....hey how about you buy a nice North Melbourne Jumper instead with a nice Kangaroo on it.....they love our fauna too!.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bring the game to Japan...... logistically a lot easier than the NRL's vegas experiment....not to mention the Japanese (125million of them) are sports mad, and they'd really appreciate the physicality of our game. Would require a long term commitment from the club and AFL, and probably some "friendship cultural exchange" support from both governments, but it could be huge (unlike pooorta's half assed crack at china who on the whole don't give a toss about sport and while a lot of them, the majority lack the financial means to pay money to go and watch it.)

Also, we have the same colours as the LA Dodgers who've just signed Ohtani and Yamamoto to combined contract values of over USD 1 billion. The whole of Japan just became Dodgers fans, and they've sold out of merchandise....hey how about you buy a nice North Melbourne Jumper instead with a nice Kangaroo on it.....they love our fauna too!.

Played on what grounds? That'll always be the blocker for international expansion

So far Jenn is pushing this corporate s*t down our throats and I am not sure it will end well. I hope she doesn't f** this up because it'll be her neck and the presidents if they turn away supporters as they team begins to play well.
I think it is the membership department that needs a kick up the ass......present no value whatsoever in any category....they really just rely on peoples love of the club to make what is effectively a donation.

They need to get back to presenting value for money, and give a reason to buy a membership, not just charge the same regarding of how many games are played in Melbourne (and don't start me on interstate memberships!).

We should sell 200,000 x $1 overseas memberships just so we can moonwalk around the BF forums and our workplaces letting everyone know we have the biggest membership in the league ;)

In all seriousness, the Kangaroo is the most marketable brand out of any other fauna in our country, we should be 'selling' it to anyone and everyone.

Fudged data, these are show of interest type votes and not actual number. Wait til their 2nd year.
Not fudged data at all. They're not annual memberships, they're foundation memberships to show commitment and support for the team. They're not pretending to be anything else. I suspect it will translate into about 50,000 memberships of some description come 2028.

Yea but then we might get the weebs too

Same. Let's GTFO of there ASAP. I too am cautious, we have a long history of giving zero f's about our core membership and for a team with less of them than most that's a dangerous path.

I think it is the membership department that needs a kick up the ass......present no value whatsoever in any category....they really just rely on peoples love of the club to make what is effectively a donation.

They need to get back to presenting value for money, and give a reason to buy a membership, not just charge the same regarding of how many games are played in Melbourne (and don't start me on interstate memberships!).

This is totally on the board and executive. They set the priorities. They employ and do remuneration and incentives for teams. They are supposed to understand and set strategic direction. If you believe they are competent individuals not there under duress then the obvious conclusion is that they don't value the membership department and therefore don't value the members.

Its hard to market a team at the bottom of the ladder.

As soon as we climb the rungs as this young team I would expect the marketing team to go ballistic. It makes sense to save your budget till you have that momentum.

I think those doing the tassie team are doing a good job, who cares what tricks they are pulling.

Lets say they up the members ship to 100 next year - a lot of those 10 dollar members would be retained. Being a 'founding' member also has a special significance, and I think that plays well for retaining numbers if they manage that well.

Not fudged data at all. They're not annual memberships, they're foundation memberships to show commitment and support for the team. They're not pretending to be anything else. I suspect it will translate into about 50,000 memberships of some description come 2028.

As i said, wait for the start of 2nd season. They will never get success just off the bat as it takes at least 5 years for a good team to build chemistry.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back