Preview Round 6, 2024: North v Hawks, 4pm 21st April, Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
North don't have McKay to play on Lewis, so hopefully he's fit and gets up for the game.

Assuming Meek is OK and Lewis is good to go:

IN
  • Lewis
  • Phillips

OUT
  • Ramsden
  • Nash (to sub)

Mitchell - Frost - D'Ambrosio
Sicily - Phillips - Scrimshaw

Meek - Worpel - Newcombe
Amon - Moore - Weddle

Maginess - Lewis - Butler
Hardwick - Chol - Ginnivan

Bench:
Ward - Mackenzie - Impey - MacDonald

Sub:
Nash

Sicily has been poor by his own standards. By the standards of the other 22 players on the field he is still one of our better players.

He's been given an immense defensive workload and it is significantly impacting his offensive and intercepting output. All things considered, our D50 hasn't been that bad.

I've never seen statistics from a starting midfield as bad as I did against the GC. The changes we make need to start there.
Because we refuse to play another KPD whether it be Phillips or Serong. Does my head in that Blanck was always in the team with both Frost & Scrimshaw but when he went down we don't replace him with a like for like.

Am assuming none of Lewis, Jiath, Day, Wingard, Breust or Watson are available this week - would be pleasantly surprised if they were.

I really want to see Sicily freed up to play in the role he has historically dominated and enable him to 'lead' and direct.

Would like;
  • Hardwick to start down back.
  • Moore and Amon to start as midfielders.
  • Weddle to start as our third tall up forward. North have no one down back that could possibly go with him.

Mackenzie + Butler > Serong + Morrison

Hustwaite to come into the 22, and i don't give a * which one of Ward, MacDonald or Nash are sub.
I completely agree, Amon should be on the wing and Weddle should definitely have a chance to play forward.

If Clarko has any brains, he'd be telling all his players to go hard at the ball and the player in the first quarter. Good odds we'll fall away if they do that.

So: WE need to be %100 at the ball, %100 at the player. We need to be running hard to make the next contest and running hard to provide an option to the player with the ball - if you don't get it, run to open space for the next guy.
Desperately need another tall in the backline to free Sicily up. He's not a KPD, he's a 3rd man defender and that's what he should play as.

There is obviously history here so be assured, nothing would make Clarko happier than to give us a thumping. North will be fully prepared for this game and if we know Clarko, he will be telling his "soldiers" that we have looked very soft this season and don't back each other up. So we can expect plenty of rough stuff from the Roos. I am 100% certain that North will bring it. Going to be interesting to see how we respond.

North don't have McKay to play on Lewis, so hopefully he's fit and gets up for the game.

Assuming Meek is OK and Lewis is good to go:

IN
  • Lewis
  • Phillips

OUT
  • Ramsden
  • Nash (to sub)

Mitchell - Frost - D'Ambrosio
Sicily - Phillips - Scrimshaw

Meek - Worpel - Newcombe
Amon - Moore - Weddle

Maginess - Lewis - Butler
Hardwick - Chol - Ginnivan

Bench:
Ward - Mackenzie - Impey - MacDonald

Sub:
Nash

Only problem with that was that Phillips didn't play Box Hill and has been on light training duties for a couple of weeks. Maybe it's changed.

Let’s pack the place out.
50,000 on a Sunday arvo at Marvel.
Clarko v Mitch
Be there to witness the birth of greatness as the baby Hawks grow their wings on their way to a premiership in 2027!

2024 ladder…
Both winless
17th v 18th
Hawks 64.8%
NM 55.5%

Sun arvo 4pm game

Sunday 4pm in my opinion is a terrible timeslot. Get home way too late. Can’t imagine too many people will be rushing to get there either after last rounds efforts but we shall see

There is obviously history here so be assured, nothing would make Clarko happier than to give us a thumping. North will be fully prepared for this game and if we know Clarko, he will be telling his "soldiers" that we have looked very soft this season and don't back each other up. So we can expect plenty of rough stuff from the Roos. I am 100% certain that North will bring it. Going to be interesting to see how we respond.
Nothing would make Clarkson happier than winning as many games as possible and making finals ASAP, so he will have his team as well prepared for every game as he possibly can.

They looked really well prepared when they thrashed GC in the last round last year and cost themselves Harley Reid.

There’s is almost zero chance Hardwick becomes captain. He’s not that guy.

He just rolls out each week and does his job(which is great), but he’s always last on the track(that’s fine), doesn’t have a great deal to say, has openly told Talking Hawks he’s been asked to improve in this area with youngsters around him and has never been part of the leadership group.
Will Day would be my choice for next captain, has all the traits needed.

Can Ward please play inside mid ffs?

He was drafted so high in that position for a reason. At least give him the keys for a match to show us what he's got.
No rush, it’s all part of his development that further exposure in the middle will come with time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's into his third season. There are countless examples of high draft picks around pick 7 that have just flown past him in the same time frame or shorter.
That’s great, I’ll take your word for it even if I don’t believe that, but regardless, whatever another club or player has done doesn’t mean that we just do follow suit with Ward.

He’s 20. There is no rush.

That’s great, I’ll take your word for it even if I don’t believe that, but regardless, whatever another club or player has done doesn’t mean that we just do follow suit with Ward.

He’s 20. There is no rush.
Not sure what we're waiting for.....

I can't think of a single young player that has developed under the current regime.

Not sure what we're waiting for.....

I can't think of a single young player that has developed under the current regime.

Then you need to stop taking a loss as a single point of truth, because the development in both Ward and Frenchy has been evident this year.

Sunday 4pm in my opinion is a terrible timeslot. Get home way too late. Can’t imagine too many people will be rushing to get there either after last rounds efforts but we shall see

First game in a long time I'm not making excuses to go.
Between acessibility (nightmare to get the city loop on a Sunday, and takes an extra half an hr if we drive), and the obvious shitshow at the club, I'll happily put up with underwood on fox sports

Thought I'd say I'm kind of sick of Mitch Lewis being slowly/carefully returned. If he's ok, bring him in, if he's not start the surgery. None of this waiting to be safe - if he's going to get injured, he's going to get injured. Why are we delaying the inevitable?
I agree. So sick of our potential gun forward being cautiously sidelined for half a season each year.

I too, would seriously consider moving him on to a contender for a first rounder at this stage. He’ll be around 30 by the time we are challenging again.

I would say Mackenzie has improved minimally if at all, and Ward has gone way backwards.
They’re both 20yrs old. They are not yet consistent players. They will have good games and bad.

Not sure how this needs to be pointed out tirelessly, but here we are.

They’re both 20yrs old. They are not yet consistent players. They will have good games and bad.

Not sure how this needs to be pointed out tirelessly, but here we are.
It's a bit frustrating when other 20-year-olds in the league are showing much more consistently. Generally, I wouldn't say I like criticising our players, but Ward, in particular, really needs to start showing something.

It's a bit frustrating when other 20-year-olds in the league are showing much more consistently. Generally, I wouldn't say I like criticising our players, but Ward, in particular, really needs to start showing something.
He quite literally did show “something” last week, but you’ve scrapped that in favour of declaring that time is running out….for a 20yr old.

He quite literally did show “something” last week, but you’ve scrapped that in favour of declaring that time is running out….for a 20yr old.
I never said time was running out, and come on, he had 17 disposals. He hardly tore the game apart. He wasn't in the coach's votes or the best.

Overall, his season has been extremely disappointing for a pick 7 in year 3. You can sugarcoat it in whatever way you like, but I think most people here would agree.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back