Prediction Rd 6 Changes v West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Hate to rain on you parade here but:

• Mann and Chisholm didn't play forward in this game and Chisholm was never a permanent forward
  • Ridley was the other key forward with Groom that day.
  • Waterhouse not only didn't play he wasn't at the club. He was drafted at the end on the year.

Mann wasn't a very good forward, really he was a defender. I'd say of the list of actual forwards in Game One only Abraham would improve our current side.
Didn’t Quentin Leach play half forward in that Richmond game ?

Question for the panel

Why are some asking for Tabs to be removed on the one game a year he seems to turn into Wayne Carey against the Wevils ?

Didn’t Quentin Leach play half forward in that Richmond game ?
I reckon he (vale) played most of his best footy for us on the hff. First couple of seasons he was mostly hbf as well as forward but his best season imo was 1997 and that was forward. Kicked that famous goal after the siren to beat Brisbane that year. I saw that game in the common room at student housing at Murdoch Uni: Quite a few of the people watching were American exchange students, some of whom remain (at least notional) Freo fans even now as a result.

Did he get some career ending injury as he disappeared pretty quick after that?

I reckon he (vale) played most of his best footy for us on the hff. First couple of seasons he was mostly hbf as well as forward but his best season imo was 1997 and that was forward. Kicked that famous goal after the siren to beat Brisbane that year. I saw that game in the common room at student housing at Murdoch Uni: Quite a few of the people watching were American exchange students, some of whom remain (at least notional) Freo fans even now as a result.

Did he get some career ending injury as he disappeared pretty quick after that?
I think he just got cut after Gerard Neesham finished up.

It'd be interesting to do a count of how many contests Hughes is sat back on his haunches 3 metres away, watching an opposition forward take a mark, rather than jumping in to spoil, when he was fully in a position to do so. I'd say it would be way way waaay too many.
Can’t all be as courageous and skilled as Liam Henry.

Turn it up, mate. I have heard all sorts of horsecock but this is pure calumny.

It's not that he was bad, he was just excess to needs. We had Cox, Pearce, Hamling, Logue all playing that same position. Duman just got unlucky. Similar with Tobe Watson but I think Duman was the better player.
Its just been weird with freos list management in the last 10-12 years. I was upset when both Duman and Tobe Watson was both cut. One of them should of been kept as depth.

Hamling left last season and is on the swans list. It sucks we have anything bare when it comes to tall defenders.

meanwhile... at one point in time, Dockers were crying out and begging for tall forwards to help Pavlich. Then Sadly Pavlich retired at the end of 2016 then we somehow got a massive amount of 190 cm tall forwards.

I remember the end of the 2018 season we got a 205 cm Rory Lobb and 195 cm Jesse Hogan in trades. In that 2018 national draft, we got a 192 cm Sam Sturt.

I have a feeling Amiss might be a late withdrawal for rib bruising and Taberner to stay in for him

Nothing substantiated , just my dumb feels .

This is the sort of game Johno plays well in and builds some confidence, he stays in for mine

Other than that Erasmus as sub for Fyfe
Omeara won’t get dropped
Doesn’t sound like Chappy is ready so Hughes get another go
I would be upset if Amiss doesnt play in the derby. But I wont be devastated.

If Amiss is still sore, We have tall forward depth. I cant say the same thing about out tall defender stocks.

Traecy can kick goals. kicked 3 goals in a quater vs Port and played pinch hit as a ruck man at 194 cm.

People will bag out tabs performances. If Tabs gets dropped and Darcy is in, would Luke Jackson and Traecy be enough tall forward quality to get the job done in the derby?

If Tabs is out, I would want sam sturt on a forward flank or floating CHF.

Here we are picking apart Tom Emmett’s performance then Freo media puts together that truly beautiful package of Emmett visiting a children’s hospital in Adelaide. It’s stuff like this that puts everything into perspective and makes me love Freo even more.
How lucky are we to have these young men at our club!

Shallow analysis, he was set up to fail coming on with 20 mins to go

He is not a flashy impact player but is an accumulator who will run and tackle all day , unfortunately he doesnt have elite leg speed
He was set up to fail? I'm sorry but I think that's bullshit. Who are the people setting him up to fail?

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Johnson’s disinterest feels kind of similar to that Mundy guy when he was strolling around putting in minimal effort in his first 4 or 5 years. I remember how much he used to annoy folks around here.
Laconic mundy .. he infuriated quite a few supporters in his early days 😂

Laconic mundy .. he infuriated quite a few supporters in his early days 😂
There was one bloke who hated him, was just obsessed. I'm trying to remember if it was the same one who relentlessly bagged Stephen Hill week after week. Was it Memories or the other one who still comes here whenever we lose to crap on JL?

Comparisons with Mundy and Johnson were cute in the first year of drafting but now it's irrelevant and unnecessary. Johnson's on a different trajectory and I'll be curious to see how he grows.

I do feel we need to blood a new player from the WAFL who may not be in peak form in the seconds, sometimes they just evolve at AFL level.

Question for the panel

Why are some asking for Tabs to be removed on the one game a year he seems to turn into Wayne Carey against the Wevils ?
Because of the bigger picture - we want a settled forward line for our 2024 finals campaign. As soon as Darcy is ready Tabs returns to his important depth role. Everyone knows he is not part of our future, he's had his time in the sun.

He was set up to fail? I'm sorry but I think that's bullshit. Who are the people setting him up to fail?

The coaches and match committe PLUS the circumstances and the umpires. He is a 20-game kid still finding his feet. He carried a burden of responsibility, repeatedly expressed by many on this board wrt the sub-role, to come on and provide spark/speed/point of difference. That's a huge ask in a close match, away from home, in such a close game etc. Everything conspired to 'set him up to fail', that description is perfect. Not anyone's fault, just the way things panned out.

we lost in the last 5 minutes against a team that had played 4 of their 5 first games at home

I think it's unrealistic to call our players "passengers" - some people are knee jerking and want the entire team turfed\
I think you are going to be disappointed when the team is named this week
For whatever reason some didn't perform. I believe Walters struggled to back-up (not his fault) Switta looks injured, Bana's looks better up the ground, Johnson didn't get near it etc etc. We had a mid come on as sub and he was sent to the forwardline instead of giving us legs in the midfield. That's all I am saying. We can't carry underperforming players every week because for whatever reason other players are going to have off days. Critical mass issues.

Can’t all be as courageous and skilled as Liam Henry.

Turn it up, mate. I have heard all sorts of horsecock but this is pure calumny.

It’s not a courage thing. I feel the same way. I don’t think he reads the flight of the ball very well and often finds himself out positioned. Or doesn’t commit to the spoil as he thinks the ball is going over the oppositions head but it doesn’t.

Because of the bigger picture - we want a settled forward line for our 2024 finals campaign. As soon as Darcy is ready Tabs returns to his important depth role. Everyone knows he is not part of our future, he's had his time in the sun.
I was kinda joking but I do love seeing the giant Crabener come alive when we’ve played the Ragles last few years

I think they should have given him in run in the midfield.

He is an midfielder, not a forward. I think he is ok there for small bits of the game, but as a sub and if you want him to have an impact, he should play as a midfielder at least to start. Even 5 mins midfield, 5 mins forward, 5 mins midfield would have been perfect.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back