Preview Round 6, 2024: North v Hawks, 4pm 21st April, Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn’t be making surprising changes this week, it’s an absolute must win and I want a more experienced team in. Lewis, Morrison and Gunston for Max, Butsy and maybe give Mackenzie a rest.
Croc the sub for a bit of a kick up the green grass

Of all of the negatives from the last game, the standout NUMBER ONE was the ZERO RESPONSE from ANY HAWTHORN PLAYER when Ginni was blatantly pushed in the back and flattened in the first quarter. This set the tone for the game as Hawthorn players became spectators. Just look at the tackle stats. This was deplorable and embarrassing and is the NUMBER ONE THING THAT MUST CHANGE come Sunday. Football's basic, most fundamental aspect is going hard at the ball and protecting your teammate around the contest.
This is what supporters at least expect from the players.

It was the same in Watson first game when he was push over.

I wouldn’t be making surprising changes this week, it’s an absolute must win and I want a more experienced team in. Lewis, Morrison and Gunston for Max, Butsy and maybe give Mackenzie a rest.
Croc the sub for a bit of a kick up the green grass
Does the coach think it's a must win or a time to make a stand on some players?

Does the coach think it's a must win or a time to make a stand on some players?

It could be both really only problem with that is if you bring the older heads in and they still preform the same way where do you go then, at least with the same side they may hopefully learn from it.

Based on the Box Hill report, you'd think Morrison and Serong come in.
Lewis obviously straight back in if he's fit.

If Serong is able to play on whatever shit truck second tall North have, I think we'll see Sicily back to his best.
Both from a performance aspect and a leadership aspect. It must be extremely difficult to 'lead' while locking down on someone.

First thing is to free up Sicily by playing a second key defender. Tired seeing him not playing the roaming third tall. Id dont care who it is but we need another tall.

Then Morrison comes in for Butler we need grit. Amon goes to a wing and Ward becomes part of the midfield rotation. Mids need to massively lift - with Ward added in there i want Newcombe and Worpel resting forward and hitting the ****ing scoreboard. If Lewis is available he plays.

Finally be able to adapt quickly if things are not working and to be ahead from start to finish. Win every quarter

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mackenzie had low time on ground against Collingwood then was subbed out after 3 disposals in a half of footy 6 days later. Could definitely see him rested this week. Was immense in the first half against Geelong the week prior then had to contend with the rain and extended finishing time in the second half. That can't be easy on young players.

Based on the Box Hill report, you'd think Morrison and Serong come in.
Lewis obviously straight back in if he's fit.

If Serong is able to play on whatever s**t truck second tall North have, I think we'll see Sicily back to his best.
Both from a performance aspect and a leadership aspect. It must be extremely difficult to 'lead' while locking down on someone.

Morrison should be playing every week in my opinion. He offers positional stability. This side desperately needs some 'set and forget' options at the moment.

Quite incredibly, aside from Frost there aren't too many players this season who have maintained a straight line of consistency and reliability.

Then Morrison comes in for Butler we need grit. Amon goes to a wing and Ward becomes part of the midfield rotation. Mids need to massively lift - with Ward added in there i want Newcombe and Worpel resting forward and hitting the ******* scoreboard. If Lewis is available he plays.
I think you will find that Amon is a large part of why our ball transition is still holding up quite well.
Currently in the top few for meters gained in the comp.

I can’t see Sam throwing that away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Morrison should be playing every week in my opinion. He offers positional stability. This side desperately needs some 'set and forget' options at the moment.

Quite incredibly, aside from Frost there aren't too many players this season who have maintained a straight line of consistency and reliability.

I would be happy for Morrison to consistently play also because at least he, like Moore, will set a standard.

What happened to Ethan Phillips? Just some time off? Didn’t play last week in the VFL but not injured?

If you had this on your bingo card at the start of the season then you would've been rightfully laughed outta here

To me it looks the opposite, I feel he is a liability in the backline, doesn’t put body on body pressure, makes bad decisions, iffy skills, two handed punches when he should be marking. The best I’ve seen him play is when he is up the ground, like the game against WC last year, where he received a Norwich Rising Star nomination and Brownlow votes.
Did a great job on Cameron when we played the pussies. Kept him to 2.0.

Cameron is close to if not the best forward in the game. Not many players in the game are able to keep Cameron to just 2 shots on goal. He also managed 16 disposals himself compared to Cameron’s 15.

Yes, I would love to see him up the ground at some stage but to say he is a liability and basically not a good defender is simply incorrect.

He will make mistakes at times and have down games as all players do but he’s in his 2nd season FFS.

Is this a joke?
Yeah, I’m not getting the calls for Chol to be dropped or ‘put on notice’. I think he’s been very handy and a massive upgrade on Kosi. He’s kicked goals, hit marking contests hard and competed well in the ruck. Has also laid some big tackles.

Only way he’s out of the side is if he’s injured. I’ve been very impressed thus far and people need to remember the last few weeks he’s basically been our only key forward (Not counting Ramsden but he’s shown glimpses).

He’ll be better when Lewis returns too.

If Phillips can't play this week then Serong needs to come in. Sicily and Scrimshaw need a bit more freedom.

North don't have the tallest forward line at the moment either, so hopefully they'll be able to have some more impact by intercepting or going third-man-up.

Closing down space is going to be important for this one. Can’t afford to let them slowly move the ball up the field like we let the do as it will enable them to have good field control.

Need to force them to kick up the line early then burn them on the turnover or go quick to avoid that where we can also punish them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back