Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach (Part 2) - Full Support of the Board

Is Matthew Nicks the right coach for Adelaide?

• Firmly yes (I love what I'm seeing)

• Leaning yes

• Can't decide either way

• Leaning no (but don't sack him yet)

• Firmly no (he should be sacked)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cooking up a Wagyu M9+ Scotch Fillet Saturday week with a few reds.
Marinated lamb in lemon juice, garlic, rosemary, lemon thyme & mint.

Will slow cook on the webber & pull out some 10+ year old reds.

I haven't been there. On the list!
Cellar by invite so contact before hand. Family run & 2 brothers wine makers. Really passionate about their wine making & worth visiting.

They are building a new cellar door & function centre.

I assume you have a reliable butcher
Butchers are sadly slowly disappearing.

Have found 2 good ones relatively near.

Bakeries & quality bread is even harder.

Wow watching it now:

“Dowling knows he’s got things to work on”
“But if I asked Billy if he wants to play he’d jump at it”
“We have players in the SANFL with stuff to work on”
“So for those calling for players to play I hope they are watching the SANFL and not just reacting to what’s happening in the AFL”

Right so only players in the SANFL have stuff to work on. Ignore the s**t out of form players in the AFL, watch for the deficiencies in our SANFL players.

That last one is very interesting. He's now conversing with the great unwashed in pressers. Defensive, obnoxious w@nker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shaun Burgoyne made the comment “it is important for the youngsters to get experience on the big stage”.

Well did you hear that Mr Nicks?

Butchers are sadly slowly disappearing.

Have found 2 good ones relatively near.

Bakeries & quality bread is even harder.
Yeah we've got a good one nearby.

On point with bread, sandwich bread is as expensive as the decent stuff these days, if you have the time, get the good stuff.

Did he though?

No signs of the players playing for him, or that they ever did

Seems hes managed to transform a culture that embraces mediocrity, to one that rewards failure.

Sound a bit like me fixing old Cars.
They usually end up at the Wreckers.

Shaun Burgoyne made the comment “it is important for the youngsters to get experience on the big stage”.

Well did you hear that Mr Nicks?
What bigger stage is there than Noarlunga oval in front of 600 people and their cars?

Wow watching it now:

“Dowling knows he’s got things to work on”
“But if I asked Billy if he wants to play he’d jump at it”
“We have players in the SANFL with stuff to work on”
“So for those calling for players to play I hope they are watching the SANFL and not just reacting to what’s happening in the AFL”

Right so only players in the SANFL have stuff to work on. Ignore the s**t out of form players in the AFL, watch for the deficiencies in our SANFL players.
Complete nonsense by nicks. No wonder we went backwards over preseason. Arrogantly incompetent.

I just want to elaborate on this because even in the solitary win, the opposition scored less than 100.

And it’s clear that was the club’s template for success this year. Focus on the defensive aspects, at the expense of actually kicking a winning score.

It has backfired badly, because when both teams remain under 100, the Crows are the team that loses.

I don't think they thought it was at the expense of - I believe they thought we had our offensive game so strong, it'd take care of itself.

And role no matter how s**t they are playing, got have the role

He's blind to everything else, role is all that counts. Even the B&F vote scale is based pure,y upon the degree thst you played your role. I get the feeling he regularly received positive feedback for playing his role.

This comment about his reluctance to try anyone new this year so far from his presser today is very concerning and should be setting off alarm bells for anyone with a brain at AFC:

Values we need to live? Like playing an injured and out of form senior player in Brodie Smith, who then admits he probably shouldn't have played?

Sounds more like a cult than a selection policy.

Back