Opinion INTERNATIONAL Politics: Adelaide Board Discussion Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited by a moderator:

1970Crow - suspended. LOL, what a surprise! Do we have "suspend the non-Leftie" on a rotation? Your turn next Slippery (or it could be mine - :oops:)
Being disrespectful of the Chief was never going to end well...

• Admin
1970Crow - suspended. LOL, what a surprise! Do we have "suspend the non-Leftie" on a rotation? Your turn next Slippery (or it could be mine - :oops:)
And I didn't even do it :D

If you have a modding issue, contact an Admin or the mod in question. Don't bring it out on the boards.

Obviously a bit of animosity in our politics threads as well as some posters who genuinely want to discuss political issues among Crows supporters

As a reminder, board rules apply to this thread

To foster healthy discussion we now have two politics threads which will split things up a bit among interests on the board.

This thread is for international politics, eg US politics and any topics involving the international community

There is another thread for local Australian politics, eg elections and local state issues: Opinion - The Adelaide Board AUSTRALIAN Politics Thread Part 5

I think that's a fair change. People who wanted to discuss aussie politics tended to get drowned out by the circus that is American politics.
Absolutely!

George Kramer has finally got his wish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just realised we've gone a full day without hearing about Hunter Biden.
Here you go, don't want you to feel like you are missing out

It's very clear that the whole Hunter biden thing is a distraction and they have nothing.

It's a shame because it would be nice to see the US led by someone <65

Last edited:
Here you go, don't want you to feel like you are missing out

It's very clear that the whole Hunter biden thing is a distraction and they have nothing.

It's a shame because it would be nice to see the US led by someone <65
Whataboutism .. a technique they've learnt from the russians

whataboutism batman style.jpg

View attachment 1766888

This is the whole reason Trump is innocent dont you know. Someone did something else sometime ago that bares no relation but because they were never prosecuted and tied to the electric chair, Trump is innocent.

View attachment 1766888
In Russia it actually goes a bit deeper than that. This strategy is not necessarily about making people believe their lies, or to push any specific agenda. It's just about muddying the waters enough that the people throw their hands up and say "politics is too confusing". It's actually a tool they use to depoliticise their population. It's shouldn't be surprising it's a popular strategy in a country like Russia where the government and the oligarchs want the people to be as removed from politics as possible.

Now this is just a theory but I think the Hunter Biden situation is less about depoliticisation and more about normalising Trump for the part of their base that aren't rusted on MAGA types. The GOP knows that in the long run, trying to deny Trump's criminality is only going to get more difficult as the indictments pile up and trials start. The next best thing is to normalise it. You can see why Hunter makes a handy target too. He's not a powerful person, he's not clean cut, has a bit of a checkered past, and most importantly, carries the Biden name.

You wanted the thread shut down but instead got two threads to look silly in.

Double the fun for everyone!
That's funny coming from an anti vaxxer chud that thinks the boomer generation toppled capitalism.

I find aussie politics pretty dull though so I'll probably only show up in there when elections are on. American politics is a freak show and I can't seem to look away.

So I’ll save you all the suspense of what will happen here.

1. This thread will, for all intents and purposes, be a continuation of the last one. The Australian politics thread will go nowhere because contrary to their whiny protestations nobody here really gives two Fs about discussing Australian politics and people naturally want to be where the action is.

2. The Branch Covidians who escaped adverse reactions will not look a gift horse in the mouth and will never have another of those jabs again. They’ll also take this secret to the grave. (Do any of you want to counter this? All you have to do is tell me when your last jab was, and I’ll shut up).

3. Those suffering from TDS (you all know who you are, and don’t come at me, I’ve been very balanced in my appraisal of the orange man’s strengths and weaknesses) will not be able to admit that it is schadenfreude that drives their interests in the indictments, because there is one thing all TDS sufferers need to have and that is the moral high ground. So they’ll spend the next year and a half in this thread telling us how it’s all very legal and very complex and by the way have you read the 45 page indictment it spells out very clearly that Trump is a very bad very orange very terrible man and this is all just the law in action and it’s very good people prosecuting very bad people and it is not politically motivated at all, not in the slightest.

4. Better luck next time Moogle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back