Opinion The Adelaide Board Politics Thread Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So explain what unnecessary part of the government response that cost lives.

It's not like you articulated this!

Overall the government response saved lives.

Ps. The only thing imo was ScoMo being SloMo arranging the covax.
No, I did articulate it. But you only realise that if (a) you actually read what I post and (b) you know what unnecessary means.

I did not ever, at any stage argue that the overall response didn't save lives.

I said that the unnecessary part cost lives.

I have criticised the unnecessary lockdown so much that everybody else on this thread is bored shi1less by it me.

No, I did articulate it. But you only realise that if (a) you actually read what I post and (b) you know what unnecessary means.

I did not ever, at any stage argue that the overall response didn't save lives.

I said that the unnecessary part cost lives.

I have criticised the unnecessary lockdown so much that everybody else on this thread is bored shi1less by it me.
How did it cost lives?

If they opened up, more people would have died.

No one is going to argue that the whole hotel quarantine fiasco was well managed nor the slow response which led to the world record lockdown.

How did it cost lives?

If they opened up, more people would have died.

No one is going to argue that the whole hotel quarantine fiasco was well managed nor the slow response which led to the world record lockdown.

I have never, not once, questioned the necessary measures.
I am talking only about the unnecessary aspects, by which I mean not needed, not required, futile, irrelevant, unneeded.

As to how they cost lives, that is set out in the linked mainstream media reporting of medical professionals' opinions included in my earlier posts which you could have read, if you had wanted to.

Locking down in LGAs with nil cases is by far the biggest, curfews against medical and police advice, 5 kilometre radius, being allowed to walk to a park within 5 kms but not being able to drive to a park within 5 kms, wearing masks when there is no person within 200m, wearing masks in a car by yourself. At the very least those contributed to hysteria, and some are far more significant
Right... so you don't object to the lockdowns themselves, just some of the restrictions which were applied during lockdown.

Most of those look fairly reasonable objections to me, as restrictions go. However, the lockdowns themselves were 100% necessary.

Lockdowns for LGAs with nil cases is by far the LEAST of them, not the biggest. We saw what happened when they didn't lock down fast enough, because these other areas weren't known to have cases... until they did. And you think they should have gone the other way? That's just plain silly.

I have never, not once, questioned the necessary measures.
I am talking only about the unnecessary aspects, by which I mean not needed, not required, futile, irrelevant, unneeded.

As to how they cost lives, that is set out in the linked mainstream media reporting of medical professionals' opinions included in my earlier posts which you could have read, if you had wanted to.

There no problem at all in criticising certain parts of the government response. It was by no means perfect. But I think it would be useful for you to define specifically what you mean by 'the unnecessary aspects', and then explain how you think that it cost lives specifically?

At the moment, it is a very vague statement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There no problem at all in criticising certain parts of the government response. It was by no means perfect. But I think it would be useful for you to define specifically what you mean by 'the unnecessary aspects', and then explain how you think that it cost lives specifically?

At the moment, it is a very vague statement.
He's refusing to articulate.

The article that he was referring to was a USA one, so not sure what that has to do with Australia.

He did articulate... it's just that his reasons were largely bullshit. His problem is with the restrictions, not the lockdowns... To be fair, many of those restrictions are & were at the time, nonsensical. However, none of the restrictions listed would have played any role whatsoever in increasing loss of life.

Here is what was articulated:
Locking down in LGAs with nil cases is by far the biggest, curfews against medical and police advice, 5 kilometre radius, being allowed to walk to a park within 5 kms but not being able to drive to a park within 5 kms, wearing masks when there is no person within 200m, wearing masks in a car by yourself. At the very least those contributed to hysteria, and some are far more significant

He did articulate... it's just that his reasons were largely bullshit. His problem is with the restrictions, not the lockdowns... and none of the restrictions they listed would have played any role whatsoever in increasing loss of life.
Well I haven't seen him provide any reasoning of substance...

If you are going to make such a strong statement, should be able to back it up!

Give Christian Porter credit for actually taking responsibility... unlike nearly everyone else who has fronted the robodebt royal commission.

In his defence I'm guessing that much like what happens with SA Government Departments, projects like Robodebt would have been internally created and driven and other than signing off of it Porter most probably had very minimal knowledge about the nuts and bolts of it.

I know the buck ultimately stops with the Minister, but even so his culpability for the project failing would be close to zero.

In his defence I'm guessing that much like what happens with SA Government Departments, projects like Robodebt would have been internally created and driven and other than signing off of it Porter most probably had very minimal knowledge about the nuts and bolts of it.

I know the buck ultimately stops with the Minister, but even so his culpability for the project failing would be close to zero.
Yeah, he admitted he got close to discovering more about what the Department beuarcrats knew & in hindsight should have dug deeper... he is the 1st senior official who actually had no issue telling it as it was... as opposed to being deliberately vague when answering questions.

The executives, including the ex-ceo answers should make them unemployable in a senior role.

Last edited:

The article that he was referring to was a USA one, so not sure what that has to do with Australia.
The article that I referred to was the ABC quoting Australian doctors. I refuse to believe that you are stupid as you are pretending to be. This is a troll, and embarrassingly, I've fallen for it

Right... so you don't object to the lockdowns themselves, just some of the restrictions which were applied during lockdown.

Most of those look fairly reasonable objections to me, as restrictions go. However, the lockdowns themselves were 100% necessary.

Lockdowns for LGAs with nil cases is by far the LEAST of them, not the biggest. We saw what happened when they didn't lock down fast enough, because these other areas weren't known to have cases... until they did. And you think they should have gone the other way? That's just plain silly.
Lockdowns were necessary, but not every part was necessary. If that is wrong, then every other state was wrong not to do what Victoria did. Surely you can't believe that?

Surely our 1st nations people are more important to recognise than the monarchy who are already on every coin!
Sooner we piss the Monarchy off the better.

The suggestion by Smith to have the King and aboriginals is dumb.

Don’t understand why the Libs has such a hard one for the monarchy, the knighting of Prince Phillip was bonkers.

Sooner we piss the Monarchy off the better.

The suggestion by Smith to have the King and aboriginals is dumb.

Don’t understand why the Libs has such a hard one for the monarchy, the knighting of Prince Phillip was bonkers.

Most probably goes back to Howard years and also because the Monarchy still appeals strongly to the Boomers.

I used to really care about becoming a Republic. Back in 99 I was super passionate about the vote and remember being gutted with the result, but going from a 20 year old kid in the 90s to now being in my 40s my perspective on it has softened a lot.

I do think at some stage we'll get another chance to n vote, however whether it will actuality get enough votes next tme will be the big question.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back