Opinion INTERNATIONAL Politics: Adelaide Board Discussion Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Defense just released info on a new underwater drone

If we had any brains we'd be partnering with Ukraine on some of these projects and of course providing more assistance whether military or humanitarian
100% , our assistance to Ukraine has already been somewhat embarrassing.

I just hope that our Govt reads the room.

100% , our assistance to Ukraine has already been somewhat embarrassing.

I just hope that our Govt reads the room.
Refusing to give them the MRH-90s, after we decomissioned them, was completely unconscionable. They still had a lot of time left on the airframes. It should be noted that neither of the MRH-90 crashes have been blamed on the aircraft - the first was caused by the pilot shutting down the wrong engine, the second was (most likely) due to the helmet/goggles they were using during the night flights.

Refusing to give them the MRH-90s, after we decomissioned them, was completely unconscionable. They still had a lot of time left on the airframes. It should be noted that neither of the MRH-90 crashes have been blamed on the aircraft - the first was caused by the pilot shutting down the wrong engine, the second was (most likely) due to the helmet/goggles they were using during the night flights.
That information makes it worse.

As a country, the only recourse Rusia has on us is misinformation. I mean we have evidence of our most weak minded falling for it, but to have our Govt fail to act is just horrific.

I hope we step up now that the Russian controlled MAGA has been defeated in the US.

Pretty damning segment on 60 minutes last night re software change to the helmets

A travesty, a waste.

We sent aid - military aid.

Also what how many first aid kits do they need? They are a land locked country where neighbouring countries can supply those who need medical help, including Germany can get help.
They are still at war with an invading genocidal russian army

They need ongoing support - military and humanitarian

Thanks for also highlighting your ignorance. Ukraine is not a landlocked country. Their southern borders are in fact the Black Sea. If you'd made any effort to understand what's actually going on, you'd also realise that Ulraine has managed to liberate much of the Black Sea to trade, despite having no navy.

Yes, they have ****ed over russia's navy so bad that russia has moved most of it away from Crimea to Novorossiyk where they are mostly too s**t scared to leave port for fear of being sunk.

And again, by a country with NO NAVY

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess its only ignorance when the left say so. The Black Sea, give me a spell. The entrances are too small for the real navy to get in even if Turkey allowed them. which means yeah, basically its a land locked country with easy to access borders of a lot of countries. Pardon my ignorance.

Oh, and Europe is a completely rich continent that can easily supply humanitarian aid. leftist white culture doesn't need to run to save them. Military aid is what they want and the costs are astronomical for us to contribute. But yes, pardon me for my ignorance. I will just go sit in the corner with my A hole hat on.

By the way, if that was directed at me, kind of harsh and uncalled for don't you think?

I guess its only ignorance when the left say so. The Black Sea, give me a spell. The entrances are too small for the real navy to get in even if Turkey allowed them. which means yeah, basically its a land locked country with easy to access borders of a lot of countries. Pardon my ignorance.

Oh, and Europe is a completely rich continent that can easily supply humanitarian aid. leftist white culture doesn't need to run to save them. Military aid is what they want and the costs are astronomical for us to contribute. But yes, pardon me for my ignorance. I will just go sit in the corner with my A hole hat on.

By the way, if that was directed at me, kind of harsh and uncalled for don't you think?
Lol .. another piece of ignorance

International shipping is passing through Turkey from Ukraine unimpeded. In other words, Ukraine has been able to re-establish it's shipping to international markets, regardless of russian threats

Turkey controls shipping via the Montreux Convention (Agreement)

And part of that agreement is limiting/stopping military traffic through the straights

I'm sorry that you think I'm leftist.

Personally I think as a democracy Australia should be assisting any other democracy in a time of need.

Our government and defence just saw fit to bury 40 odd Taipan helicopters, because .. they f*cked up

We have around 40-45 F-22's sitting in hangers .. doing nothing, because we've upgraded to F-35's .. and these are in pristine condition and have never operated from an air-craft carrier or exposed to constant sea/salt air?

We have around 40-50 Abrams tanks being replaced .. with newer Abrams tanks .. wonder if we'll bury those too?

We have in excess of 1000 Bushmaster protected mobile units that we manufacture locally .. maybe we send a few more of those?

I think you might be surprised by how Europe has contributed already. On the other hand, yes, some countries could be doing a lot more.

Last edited by a moderator:

Have you got any idea on how many russian ships Ukraine has destroyed?

If you're really interested I'll send you the bingo card

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And about time!

I wonder how the orange buffoon takes this news. He'd be fuming I think. There go all his aspirations for personal business in Russia. At least he won't have to keep giving Putin a BJ.

MAGA is russian owned.

You see it on these boards, they sprout russian misinformation without a second thought.

Tucker Carlson and Majorie Taylor Green are used in Russia for Russian propaganda, but that doesnt stop people thinking those two 'speak the truth'

And about time!

I wonder how the orange buffoon takes this news. He'd be fuming I think. There go all his aspirations for personal business in Russia. At least he won't have to keep giving Putin a BJ.

Could be a sign that internally the GOP don't believe Trump will be the next president.

Watch Trump come out and claim it though as his victory.

MAGA is russian owned.

You see it on these boards, they sprout russian misinformation without a second thought.

Tucker Carlson and Majorie Taylor Green are used in Russia for Russian propaganda, but that doesnt stop people thinking those two 'speak the truth'

I'm not even sure they are Russian owned. Based on the Carlson interview where VP mocked him to his face I truly think they can't believe their luck at how stupid and desperate a section of the USA is in trying to be different from their political opponent. I think this is free for Russia.

If the democrats came out tomorrow and said, You know what, we hate Ukraine now, we are going to throw all our support behind Russia, Fox and MAGA will have pro MAGA loves Ukraine T-shirts out before the morning.

I'm not even sure they are Russian owned. Based on the Carlson interview where VP mocked him to his face I truly think they can't believe their luck at how stupid and desperate a section of the USA is in trying to be different from their political opponent. I think this is free for Russia.

If the democrats came out tomorrow and said, You know what, we hate Ukraine now, we are going to throw all our support behind Russia, Fox and MAGA will have pro MAGA loves Ukraine T-shirts out before the morning.
True to a point but it is pretty clear that Russia has infiltrated US Government. That is how they have always worked.

True to a point but it is pretty clear that Russia has infiltrated US Government. That is how they have always worked.

Money and corruption in politics is always a thing. The type of people lured into politics aren't generally the best characters. A few exceptions occur obviously.

Current polling: US election.

April 17th 2024: Trump 44.8% - Biden 44.5% (Trump +0.3%)
April 17th 2020: Biden 51.4% - Trump 45.9% (Biden +5.5%)

Battleground States:

Arizona (11): Trump 49.3% - Biden 44.3% (Trump +5.0%)
Georgia (16): Trump 49.7% - Biden 45.7% (Trump +4.0%)
Michigan (15): Trump 47.4% - Biden 44.4% (Trump +3.0%)
Nevada (6): Trump 48.8% - Biden 44.0% (Trump +4.8%)
North Carolina (16): Trump 48.8% - Biden 44.0% (Trump +4.8%)
Pennsylvania (19): Biden 46.7% - Trump 46.4% (Biden +0.3%)
Wisconsin (10): Trump 49.0% - Biden 47.0% (Trump +2.0%)

Joe Biden Approval:
Job Approval:
Approve 40.7%, Disapprove 56.1%.
Foreign policy: Approve 35.3%, Disapprove 60.5%.
Inflation: Approve 34.7%, Disapprove 63.2%.
Crime: Approve 38.4%, Disapprove 56.2%.
Immigration: Approve 32.2%, Disapprove 63.5%.
Ukraine: Approve 40.7%, Disapprove 54.0%.
Direction of Country: Right track 24.9%, Wrong Track 65.0%

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back