2024 Rolling ALL-Australian Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Cameron, Miers and Stewart the only Cats players in contention IMO.
Stengle is still arguably the most deadly small forward in the comp too. Almost every decision and skill execution is spot on. If the ball heads in his vicinity it's almost always a Geelong win.

Our side is being carried by those three forwards, along with Stewart and Holmes. Those would be the ones thereabouts for us (squad of 44 more than side in most cases).

The top team on the ladder will always have its top few players talked about.

Sorry it hurt you though.

Even Meteoric Rise eventually acknowledged Miers as first-in-class as far as creative flanker/wingmen players.
I'm not specifically having a go at Geelong players or Richmond players. But every time that Cleansweep (or ignored content on my forum) puts in a post about 20 replies from Geelong fans derail the thread and make it unreadable.

For Richmond we only have Bolton and Vlaustin in the squad so far.

For Geelong probably Stewart, Miers, Cameron and possibly Holmes, although Holmes is now in the conversation with a plethora of HBFs. Miers was talked up last year by a lot of commentators so his name is out there but he has stepped up his all round game this year and should be in the squad at this time.

I'm not specifically having a go at Geelong players or Richmond players. But every time that Cleansweep (or ignored content on my forum) puts in a post about 20 replies from Geelong fans derail the thread and make it unreadable.

For Geelong probably Stewart, Miers, Cameron and possibly Holmes, although Holmes is now in the conversation with a plethora of HBFs. Miers was talked up last year by a lot of commentators so his name is out there but he has stepped up his all round game this year and should be in the squad at this time.
As a respectable Richmond supporter, I'm happy to take that on board and ignore his pedestrian trolling attempts from now on.

Cleansweep17 it is a bit embarrassing that you have your own supporters making a request like this. But I agree it takes over any thread where a Geelong player may be mentioned.

Agree with this, my fellow Cats supporters need to stop feeding it.

Also agree on Bolton and Vlaustin for the squad.

This is essentially most people’s reaction to most of your posts. You know that right?

Watch a game ffs. We are 7-0 and there are 3 ways that happens.

1. Our entire 22 are all at, say, a 75 per cent level where there are literally no standouts thus no one in contention for a team like this.

2. There is just 1 guy absolutely carrying the team like a Fyfe, Dangerfield or Martin at various stages over the last decade with maybe one other player.

3. We have a side where a good portion of it are just doing their job - 16-17 players, and another handful: Holmes, Cameron, Stewart, Stengle, Miers - are playing above that level and ensuring we are getting the job done. If you actually watch any of our games beyond a token package that’s pretty obvious to anyone. He’s by a country mile our best ball user going into our forward 50 and almost without fail makes the right decision and finds the right target. Yes we get it, you are finding it hard with every win to contain your frustration but you were doing well.

I'm still surprised the mods continue to let him subvert bans by creating aliases, this must be number 7 or 8 now

Agreed... All cats fans should just put them on ignore, like proper Richmond fans are.

A genuine troll though, so will just get a new account.

It is a pity that mods just ignore the derailment of threads these days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah huge tick for McGrath. Playing like Saad but with better decision making. He is unreal this year.
Glad they did away with the midfield experiment and let him settle into a position that suits his skill set. He becomes dangerous on the forward side of centre at times too which means he’s giving us impetus from the midfield anyway.

The McGrath difference this year is he has eliminated the panicked hack kick and now takes the ball and runs with it. Once in space he is a very good kick. Who knew???

McGrath is the best small defender in the comp at the moment. I don’t see many teams with a small defender here. I thought he might’ve been a deserving Anzac Medallist.

was a bee's dick away from winning it IMO

B: Ryan Pearce Vlastuin
HB: Sheezal Taylor Houston
C: Merrett Green Butters
HF: Heeney McKay J Cameron
F: Hogan Curnow Fritsch
Foll: Gawn Rowell Steele
Int: Serong Rozee Whitfield Yeo

Out: Marshall, Touk
In: Houston, Yeo
HB: Sheezal Andrews Houston
F: Hogan Curnow Miers
Foll: Gawn Rowell Serong
Int: Waterman Rozee Whitfield Yeo

Out: Steele, Taylor, Fritsch
In: Andrews, Waterman, Miers

Last edited:
I haven't watched much Adelaide this year but going over the statistics I'm surprised Rankine's name isn't coming up for the small forward spot.

Statistically he is one of the stand outs so far for that role, is there something up with his game, stats show accuracy is a bit off, is that the reason?

Out: Steele, Taylor
In: Andrews, Waterman
Interesting to see Andrews in. He's probably been one of our most consistent this year and been decent. But always hard to back in a defender from a team getting well beaten

Out: Steele, Taylor
In: Andrews, Waterman
Only one Geelong player? I think Tom Stewart and Stengle ought to be ins. That forward line lacks a small forward

Remove this Banner Ad

Back