Game Day Round 8 vs. Carlton, MCG, 7:40pm Fri 03/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before we melt that Fin’s out, we could have named Sullivan for a variety of reasons.

1) To see what he has to offer as we make list calls.

2) He has performed his role better.

3) His role matches that of Mitchell more closely (it does)

And before we give up on Fin, he’s contracted until the end of next year and still hasn’t played that many games.

100% this. Then we will reshuffle the roles of Naicos, Crisp etc to accomodate the loss of JDG. Leggy can come in and give us some run off HB.

Sidebottom running the correct patterns according to fly, has his routes like an NFL wide receiver not his fault the QB didnt throw him the ball

People forget that with the wing role you are at the mercy of whether the ball is played through your side of the ground or not. In the first half on Anzac Day, the ball barely went out to Steele's side of the ground. Is it an excuse for his poor game? No, but it's a reason as to why he was invisible before half time.

Write off a champion at your own peril.

Not sure why so many are assuming that we have selected Sully over Fin?? We just announced Sully because he is debuting. I think Fin will start and Sully on the bench mainly because Fin is bigger physically, and he will be confronting the monstrous Cripps. However, it could also be that Sully is in the 22 and Fin is the sub.
But I don't think we should think it cruel or unjust if we do decide to debut Sully as the sub. It is always what is best for the team, and subs play a huge role as well.

Heroin blues?
The heroin blues will come during or after the game when I am hanging over the bowl spewing my guts out. Unless of course, I have been ripped off and sold the most expensive washing powder known to man, in which case I'll be on a stretcher heading to a hospital ward somewhere. Either way, the game will be but a blur. Shame we couldn't slip some substance or another into the Carlton team's water bottles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The heroin blues will come during or after the game when I am hanging over the bowl spewing my guts out. Unless of course, I have been ripped off and sold the most expensive washing powder known to man, in which case I'll be on a stretcher heading to a hospital ward somewhere. Either way, the game will be but a blur. Shame we couldn't slip some substance or another into the Carlton team's water bottles.
The great grundy..... 5 minutes after the pies beat the blues..... by 1 point (after trailing by 40 in the first quarter)

1714555283818.png

As Lachie Sullivan was a sparky, I wonder if paying him in cash would achieve the best outcome.
Jumping Jeremy Howe was an electrician too, along with yours truly. I had a client say "I call you sparkies 'pineapple farmers'... because every time you're around all I seem to be doing is handing out pineapples".
("Pineapple" being a slang term for a $50 note for those unaware).

So long as Sullivan has a dare iced coffee with a pie and cigarette for his pre-game meal, I daresay he'll play a blinder.

Jumping Jeremy Howe was an electrician too, along with yours truly. I had a client say "I call you sparkies 'pineapple farmers'... because every time you're around all I seem to be doing is handing out pineapples".
("Pineapple" being a slang term for a $50 note for those unaware).

So long as Sullivan has a dare iced coffee with a pie and cigarette for his pre-game meal, I daresay he'll play a blinder.

Just don't expect him to clean up.

Congratulations Lachie! First time I’ve watched him last week and he looked good in the second half particularly. Good hands at ground level one area we’ve been down in. Go well! Go Pies!
He looks clean. I hope he plays well and then goes on to play 100 games and then have a champion son.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back