Maxrm's 2010 Phantom Draft - Top 43

Remove this Banner Ad

Personally I would like us to take Parker over Conca but the "go home" factor may get Conca over the line.

Also, I think West Coast should gamble and go with Polec to gain some leg speed. Masten, Shuey, Priddis, Ebert, Stevens aren't exactley line breakers. Take a gamble. Freo gambled with Hill and Fyfe and they have paid fantastic dividends
Gaff has got good leg speed.I don,t think Polec tested at the draft camp but by reports he is quick.Tough decision but I will be happy with either.:thumbsu:

Can you give some details on Tyler Chalwel?I have never heard about him.How tall is he?

Tyler generally plays at CHB, and I believe he's 193cm. He has been sensational this year for the East Freo colts, mainly playing down back, but also pushing forward and rucking. He has terrific endurance for such a big bloke, really strong hands, good pace and fantastic skills. I really rate him from what I've seen, and if Darling doesn't slide I really want us to take him at 28. Apparently we've shown a lot of interest.

Here is some footage of him: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkIkb1NYNnw

Tyler generally plays at CHB, and I believe he's 193cm. He has been sensational this year for the East Freo colts, mainly playing down back, but also pushing forward and rucking. He has terrific endurance for such a big bloke, really strong hands, good pace and fantastic skills. I really rate him from what I've seen, and if Darling doesn't slide I really want us to take him at 28. Apparently we've shown a lot of interest.

Thanks Maxrm,Looks good.I would hope we could get him at 26/28 as a KPP.Small the other pick ideally Prestia would be nice.

What's his speed like? Most of those marks were taken in packs. He seems to have a decent leap in those ruck contests.

Very good speed for a guy his size. And I agree with you Anjahads, tall with one pick (Darling if he slides, Chalwell if he doesnt) and small with the other (Cripps,. Prestia, Andreoli, Green, Newton...).
Snoop Dog has a pretty long write-up about him if your interested in learning more...

:thumbsu:
Very good speed for a guy his size. And I agree with you Anjahads, tall with one pick (Darling if he slides, Chalwell if he doesnt) and small with the other (Cripps,. Prestia, Andreoli, Green, Newton...).
Snoop Dog has a pretty long write-up about him if your interested in learning more...
Cheers:thumbsu:

Maxrms great effort with this. Chalwell made colts team of the year in the ruck, beating bigger ruckmen all year and averaging 20 possessions in colts and in the reserves as well. (four games) I believe Collingwood are keen to0 and Snoops draft has him going there. He has a great leap getting 88 cm at the combine which equalled the best from the National Combine and 14.6 beeb which is huge for a big guy. I feel he has a huge capacity to improve.

Maxrm if Cook,Mitchell and Chalwell are all available at pick 28 who would you take?Would Chalwell be a reach at this pick?I wonder if the Eagles will go 2 KPP with picks 26-28?

Because they passed on Bastinac?

Both are great players but risks they certainly weren't. Would have been very risky to not have picked one of the two. Although Stevens looks pretty good.

I was at the draft last year, totally pissed off with us not selecting Bastinac. Egg on face, Fyfe has turned out to be an awesome. Bastinac still would have been a great pick too. At least we dont have the go home factor.

Personally I would like us to take Parker over Conca but the "go home" factor may get Conca over the line.

Also, I think West Coast should gamble and go with Polec to gain some leg speed. Masten, Shuey, Priddis, Ebert, Stevens aren't exactley line breakers. Take a gamble. Freo gambled with Hill and Fyfe and they have paid fantastic dividends
I agree with you "Franco"the Eagles need speed and skill in the midfield rather than another tough iniside ball winner ! mmm Eagles and Dockers fans in agreement ! Must be a sign of the end of the world !:eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back