Top 5 Dockers of All-Time

Remove this Banner Ad

1.Steven Dodd
2.Brock O'Brien
3.Clayton Hinkley
4.Benjamin Bucovaz
5.Darren Rumble

honourable mentions: Mark Johnson and Trent Croad

Dennis Commettis opinion below, not that i generally care much for his opinion but hes close to the mark.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/opinion/post/-/blog/13678529/pav-cements-place-as-top-docker/

Top 5 of All Time:
1. Matthew Pavlich
2. Peter Bell
3. Aaron Sandilands
4. Luke McPharlin
5. Shane Parker

Honourable mentions: Troy Cook, Paul Hasleby, Antoni Grover.

I loved Hase, but feel we only really got three- four of his decent years due to fitness (injury and self inflicted laziness) so he cant make it in my top 5.

Top 5 in Another 10 years: (obviously to change due to future draftees)
1. Matthew Pavlich
2. Aaron Sandilands
3. Nathan Fyfe
4. Peter Bell
5. David Mundy

Honourable mentions: Stephen Hill, Anthony Morabito, Zac Clarke.

If Sandi can play another 3-4 years he jumps Belly IMO and Nat Fyfe speaks for himself, that shoulder stays together and he will leapfrog his way into the top 3 easily if not higher. Mundy IMO is our best player at the moment, not in sterling form at the moment but he is gradually getting better and better with more fitness and strength regaining in his leg.

1. Pavlich
2. Sandilands
3. Mcpharlin
4. Bell
5. Kickett

That'd be more interesting.... mine would be

1. Clive Waterhouse
2. Scott Chisolm
3. Kepler Bradley
4. 'The Wiz' Farmer
5. Spider Burton

Silvagni must be getting close...

1. Clive
2. Kepler
3. Kickett
4. Farmer
5. Leigh "The anvil" brown

TOP 5 FOR PERFORMANCE
1. Pavlich
2. Bell
3. Kickett
4. Sandilands
5. Hasleby

TOP 5 FOR ENTERTAINMENT
1. The Wiz
2. Modra
3. Kickett
4. Chisholm
5. Wills

TOP 5 FOR TALENT UNFULFILLED DUE TO INJURY
1. Clem Michael - would have been better than Paddy Ryder
2. Morabito - has time on his side at least
3. Palmer - Never been the same
4. Webster - 3 knee recons
5. Ruffles - Only a Western Derby legend these days

MY TOP 5 FAVOURITE DOCKERS ALL TIME
1. The Wiz
2. Ballantyne
3. Kickett
4. Mods
5. Benny Allan

It's funny reading comments about Clive, how he was perceived to be an ordinary player (or a dud pick), 'cos as a kid I always seemed to think he was one of our better players.

Strange.

if clive had of played in the dominant bombers, north's or adelaide sides in the late 90's he would have been a hell of a lot better, and rated a hell of a lot higher

What has Morabito seriously done to be considered close to top 5 in 5 years?

He had a good first season but it was worse than Palmer's and we know how that ended.

Maybe there would be less disappointment if you didn't expect him to become one of the best players ever to wear a freo jumper.

Very true. People try an predict the next Chris Judd or Dane Swan early on so that they can say "I told ya this kid could play."

Your supporters have done the same with Luke Shuey.

That poor kid had a terrible 3 years before having an outstanding year last year.

Will he be another Ben Cousins or Chris Judd though?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very true. People try an predict the next Chris Judd or Dane Swan early on so that they can say "I told ya this kid could play."

That poor kid had a terrible 3 years before having an outstanding year last year.

Next Ablett was what some of those turkeys were saying.

Commettis list of his top 5 dockers of all time seemed accurate.

Even though Shane Parker is 5th. I rated Hasleby higher than him, only narrowly Just for the simple Fact Hasleby was a rising star winner (2000) and All Australian (2003).

Pav, Bell and Sandilands are our best 3 easily.

Commettis list of his top 5 dockers of all time seemed accurate.

Even though Shane Parker is 5th. I rated Hasleby higher than him, only narrowly Just for the simple Fact Hasleby was a rising star winner (2000) and All Australian (2003).

Pav, Bell and Sandilands are our best 3 easily.

I would say that Kickett is in there.

The reality is that Sandilands has only been a standout for maybe 3 seasons. Bell was similar.

But Kickett played at an AA standard for many more years in a team that was carp for years and years.

Had he been playing for Freo at the moment, he would have had 3-4 AA selections, easily.

I would say that Kickett is in there.

The reality is that Sandilands has only been a standout for maybe 3 seasons. Bell was similar.

But Kickett played at an AA standard for many more years in a team that was carp for years and years.

Had he been playing for Freo at the moment, he would have had 3-4 AA selections, easily.

I see your point. I agree that Kickett was heavily underated in that era. Then Again I could name others as well. Keep in Mind he Played 134 games in 8 years so he was very servicable.

Another underated player in our history was Roger Hayden. Sure he only played over 100 games but he played some good football as well. He should of been in that 2007 All australian team over Darren Milburn in the back pocket.

I know Troy Cook is Admired very well here.

Im Probrably going to be alone in this but I did like James Walker. He played around the same time Troy Cook Played and Also like Cook, he played 150 games for us.

I see your point. I agree that Kickett was heavily underated in that era. Then Again I could name others as well. Keep in Mind he Played 134 games in 8 years so he was very servicable.

Another underated player in our history was Roger Hayden. Sure he only played over 100 games but he played some good football as well. He should of been in that 2007 All australian team over Darren Milburn in the back pocket.

Im Probrably going to be alone in this but I did like James Walker. He played around the same time Troy Cook Played and Also like Cook, he played 150 games for us.

As much as I like Roger, he wasn't as good as Kickett.

I liked jimmy walker... i wouldnt have him in the top 5 dockers though.

I agree, you have to put in all 4 of your All-Australians, which means Haselby, Bell, Sandilands and Pavlich.

I think McPharlin is next best but Farmer had a decent career as well.

I can understand it with Shuey though because he's fit and as far as we can see his injury plagued start isn't holding him back. Furthermore, nobody is talking Shuey up more than Shuey himself and people within the club.

Hope he doesn't end up like Cousins or Judd though :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back