Freo Hitman

Premiership Player
Mar 9, 2003
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Excuse me for my ignorence , Surely he gets off - but because he has gone into the book is it straight to the tribunal ??? There for running the risk of maybe getting a week ??

He'll be fine;it will just be a fine....we'll all be fine!
b785ee1ac45b0db364711ab1e19bf43dcc7709c7c3a0af4eb21bdefc44a5a6e2.jpg

Here are the trips so far... all fines.

ROUND 1-
Jamie Elliott, Collingwod, has been charged with tripping Lewis Taylor, Brisbane Lions, during the fourth quarter of the Round One match between Collingwood and the Brisbane Lions, played at the Gabba on Saturday April 4, 2015.

In summary, he can accept a $1000 sanction with an early plea.

Based on the video evidence available and a medical report from the Brisbane Lions Football Club, it was the view of the panel the incident should be classified as careless conduct with low impact to the body. The offence was classified as a $1500 sanction under the table of penalties. The player has no applicable bad record. An early plea can reduce the penalty to a $1000 sanction.

Zac Clarke, Fremantle, has been charged with tripping Jared Polec, Port Adelaide, during the second quarter of the Round One match between Fremantle and Port Adelaide, played at Domain Stadium on Sunday April 5, 2015.

Based on the video evidence available and a medical report from the Port Adelaide Football Club, it was the view of the panel the incident should be classified as careless conduct with low impact to the body. The offence was classified as a $1500 sanction under the table of penalties. The player has no applicable bad record. An early plea can reduce the penalty to a $1000 sanction.

Brad Ebert, Port Adelaide,
has been charged with tripping Cameron Sutcliffe, Fremantle, during the fourth quarter of the Round One match between Port Adelaide and Fremantle, played at Domain Stadium on Sunday April 5, 2015.

Based on the video evidence available and a medical report from the Fremantle Football Club, it was the view of the panel the incident should be classified as intentional conduct with low impact to the body. The offence was classified as a $1500 sanction under the table of penalties. The player has no applicable bad record. An early plea can reduce the penalty to a $1000 sanction.

ROUND 2 -
Mitch Duncan, Geelong Cats, has been charged with tripping Nat Fyfe, Fremantle, during the first quarter of the Round Two match between the Geelong Cats and Fremantle, played at Simonds Stadium on Sunday April 12, 2015.

Based on the video evidence available and a medical report from the Fremantle Football Club, it was the view of the panel the incident should be classified as intentional conduct with low impact to the body. The offence was classified as a $1500 sanction. The player has no applicable bad record. An early plea can reduce the penalty to a $1000 sanction.

ROUND 4 -
Nic Naitanui, West Coast, has been charged with tripping Jack Redden, Brisbane Lions, during the third quarter of the Round Four match between West Coast and the Brisbane Lions, played at the Gabba on Sunday April 26, 2015.

Based on the video evidence available and a medical report from the Brisbane Lions Football Club, it was the view of the panel the incident should be classified as careless conduct with low impact to the body. The offence was classified as a $1500 sanction. An early plea can reduce the penalty to a $1000 sanction.

Clearly occurred as a result of the slip and reflex action so the only issue is the level of impact.

I posted this in another forum. http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...he-2015-brownlow.1097646/page-9#post-38591795

I maybe a Freo supporter but I can be objective and measured. The facts. Fyfe slipped when coralling the player. However after going to ground did either carelessly or intentional throw the leg up. Being low impact either way it should be a fine under the new system. The umpire was correct to report him.

As for for the more hateful supporters on this forum. I think humanity evolved at some stage from trial by lynch mob mentality. Your behaviour is more ugly than the incident you refer to. An appropriate quote: “Distrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful.” -Friedrich Nietzsche

These days we actually look at objective evidence and mitigating circumstances. We don't bludgeon people or burn them at stakes in a lynch mob some of us evolved to pass down ethically sound and measured judgements. To punish when appropriate and to excuse when appropriate.

Relax haters you'll get your wish in part that is the punishment. The punishment in a sane world is a fine due the mitigating circumstances coupled with low impact means no weeks missed though. Perhaps the agendas should be left at the door and the conspiracy theories put on the back-burner if we claim to care about justice. Until we know a fair decision has been reached paranoia serves nobody.

Although I will say justice itself can be imperfect but lets wait and see. There will be no appeasing some of you. Anyhow whatever happens to Fyfe best or worst case scenario. Right or wrong decision, chance to win a Brownlow or no Brownlow. I will continue to respect his leadership, contested ball and aerial abilities. A person that plays within the rules and is a decent humble human being. Some of Fyfe's attributes remind me of another player I respect Joel Selwood since he seizes the moment changes games, with guts and heart. Human beings though are also fallible that makes them no less special arguably more sometimes. Fyfe on channel 7 after the game referred to the incident as a brain fade and that honesty itself was admirable. Fyfe would have lost no respect with his peers and most fans in my opinion.

I posted this in another forum. http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...he-2015-brownlow.1097646/page-9#post-38591795

I maybe a Freo supporter but I can be objective and measured. The facts. Fyfe slipped when coralling the player. However after going to ground did either carelessly or intentional throw the leg up. Being low impact either way it should be a fine under the new system. The umpire was correct to report him.

As for for the more hateful supporters on this forum. I think humanity evolved at some stage from trial by lynch mob mentality. Your behaviour is more ugly than the incident you refer to. An appropriate quote: “Distrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful.” -Friedrich Nietzsche

These days we actually look at objective evidence and mitigating circumstances. We don't bludgeon people or burn them at stakes in a lynch mob some of us evolved to pass down ethically sound and measured judgements. To punish when appropriate and to excuse when appropriate.

Relax haters you'll get your wish in part that is the punishment. The punishment in a sane world is a fine due the mitigating circumstances coupled with low impact means no weeks missed though. Perhaps the agendas should be left at the door and the conspiracy theories put on the back-burner if we claim to care about justice. Until we know a fair decision has been reached paranoia serves nobody.

Although I will say justice itself can be imperfect but lets wait and see. There will be no appeasing some of you. Anyhow whatever happens to Fyfe best or worst case scenario. Right or wrong decision, chance to win a Brownlow or no Brownlow. I will continue to respect his leadership, contested ball and aerial abilities. A person that plays within the rules and is a decent humble human being. Some of Fyfe's attributes remind me of another player I respect Joel Selwood since he seizes the moment changes games, with guts and heart. Human beings though are also fallible that makes them no less special arguably more sometimes. Fyfe on channel 7 after the game referred to the incident as a brain fade and that honesty itself was admirable. Fyfe would have lost no respect with his peers and most fans in my opinion.
love the neitzsche stuff
wish i could remember profound quotes at times like these
"your dammed if you do and your dammed if you don't"
hows that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ross' comments, i mean, non-comments were funny on the Fyfe report:

"Clearly, one really pertinent point, we got the memo during the week. I don’t tend to comment but it was sharp reminder that you can’t really comment pre or post on reports because the club can be fined $20,000. What I can talk about is the side of the ground it happened. The left hand side is as dry as a chip and the other side people are slipping and sliding, and slipping over like sprinklers have been on an hour before the game. I’m not sure but it’s very confusing when I walked the ground. That far side is wet and slippery and one side of the ground is dry as a chip. So if someone can explain that to me. That far end, you can see where everyone was slipping and sliding. This side, this end was dry. A very confused AFL coach here, on how that ground can end up in that state. I think it’s quite dangerous for players when one side is as dry as a chip and the other side is like a slippery side. Anyone who slipped on that side, Western Bulldogs or Fremantle, they have a fair contributing factor."

Damn shitty Etihad! Slipperier than an ice rink.

Nothing to see here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the mitigating circumstance in the 'will he be fined, will be be suspended?' scenario, is that all the players mentioned in Tayl0r 's post above have "no applicable bad record". Due to the stupid domino effect from that head clash suspension last year - Fyfe does. He might go, just like Ballas did. Ballas got 2 weeks for a similar / less offence than blokes who missed one week, or even were just fined.

Anything could happen, but I wouldn't put it past the AFL to be having a quiet word so the favourite isn't made ineligible. Judd's 'insufficient force' that split Pav's face open anyone??

Edit: just found this on the AFL site - he should be fine:

Saving him from potential suspension and ineligibility for the Brownlow could be changes to the match review panel's grading system that came in this season.

If the trip is considered to be low impact to the body, he faces a fine and no suspension, which would leave him free to win football's greatest individual honour.

Charges that attract a fine are not affected by a player's poor record.

Last edited:
Yeah according the new matrix it's basically impossible to be suspended for a trip unless the other player was injured by it.

Fyfe only has a record because the MRP has decided to rub him out every slight chance they get. Take the fine, suspension whatever crap they want to dish out and when it comes time for the Brownlow, boycott the farkin thing. Send the WAFL guys and stick it up em.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back