NCFL Season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pies defended well early and then cut loose. Teamed well for unexpected win. Recruits have slotted in nicely. BW this week - hopefully be competitive again.

Any news on the inter-league squad?? no phone call from Gashy I can only assume I've been over looked again.... One year they are gonna need a dummy backpocket!
Weekend Round up??

Good to see the Tigers notch up their first 'DUBYA', from all reports they move the ball really well and will give a few sides a fair shake once a few return from injury and they've had a chance to have a look at everyone.

Another cracking game at Wyche, was anyone at 3/4 time before we were able to put a few goals on the board in the last.

Shakey start to the year at Saintland, don't think anyone would have picked that a couple of months back.

Any news on Fishers knee??

Also interested to hear about Fishers knee? Massive blow for Donald if he is gone, him and Ross have a Danger/Selwood like combo in the North Central. Very hard to stop both of them.

I have seen a clearance on the way out for McNamee, is this for good Rocco? Please update.

Tips for the weekend:
Birchip vs Donald - 24 points
St Arnaud vs Wedderburn - 5 points (St Arnaud seem broken)
Whychee vs Sea-Lake - 60 points
Charlton vs Boort - 18 points (Charlton will bounce back after a loss, quality outfit)

Also interested to hear about Fishers knee? Massive blow for Donald if he is gone.

According to The Wimmera Mail Times, it's a season ending knee injury. Real shame tho. Anyone know how long Donald's Assistant Coach (Prockter) is out for? Hasn't played a game this year to my knowledge.

Tips for the weekends matches:

Donald to beat Birchip by 40 points
St Arnaud to beat Wedderburn by 35 points
Wyche to beat Sea Lake-Nadaly by 70 points
Charlton to beat Boort by 26 points

What's the go with Lachy Foott? Is he going back to Birchip or change of mind?

According to The Wimmera Mail Times, it's a season ending knee injury. Real shame tho. Anyone know how long Donald's Assistant Coach (Prockter) is out for? Hasn't played a game this year to my knowledge.

Tips for the weekends matches:

Donald to beat Birchip by 40 points
St Arnaud to beat Wedderburn by 35 points
Wyche to beat Sea Lake-Nadaly by 70 points
Charlton to beat Boort by 26 points

What's the go with Lachy Foott? Is he going back to Birchip or change of mind?
Pretty sure Lachy is out for the year with a knee as well!

I see the demons are going along nicely Truck. Who is the bloke Jones that u have picked up!!!???
We're pretty happy with where we are at on the ladder but still plenty of work to do.
Few blokes should return from injury after interleague. Jesse White hasn't played a game yet, Jiz Elliot and Eagle Edwards have only played 1, Zumba & Boski both missed the Sea Lake game.
Old Big Ears has filled the hole op forward nicely, it does help having Jim C & Peppi lurking in the forward arc as well.

From what I've heard Central Australia Football League doesn't have the same permit system NTFL, so McNamee will need to make a decision by June 30 if his staying up there or coming back to Lord Nelson. But Rocko will know more then me??

Saints might have to get Jmac and half a plane load down shortly if they are gunna play finals. Hows the new coach going rocco?

Some interesting results coming from the weekend. Perhaps the biggest one was SL-NT 105 point over the saints. M4S, what is the go with MacNamee? Is he coming back to the saints this year?

Watched interleague and Sam Dunstan is an impressive player. Only 18? Has he played TAC Cup or anything like that? Can imagine him being courted by many clubs in the not too distant future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some interesting results coming from the weekend. Perhaps the biggest one was SL-NT 105 point over the saints. M4S, what is the go with MacNamee? Is he coming back to the saints this year?
S/L starting to get a handy side together. When Weekleys come back in they will have a real handy forward line.

Don't think the plane is going to take off. Saints gone. Wyche and Charlton to stay 1,2 other 2 positions in the 4 up for grabs,Donald might struggle though injury to stay in contention Saints and Redbacks just going through the motions, all others still a chance to fill other finals spots

Don't think the plane is going to take off. Saints gone. Wyche and Charlton to stay 1,2 other 2 positions in the 4 up for grabs,Donald might struggle though injury to stay in contention Saints and Redbacks just going through the motions, all others still a chance to fill other finals spots
Who have donald lost through injury since fisher? Top 3 teams will jostle for top 3 order.
Boort look a sneaky chance for 4th.
M4S, have you got any news regarding the saints with MacNamee etc?

Who have donald lost through injury since fisher? Top 3 teams will jostle for top 3 order.
Boort look a sneaky chance for 4th.
M4S, have you got any news regarding the saints with MacNamee etc?

Tips for this weekend? Any other news?

My tips, the main games being in the middle of the ladder:
Sea Lake vs Birchip Watchem - 1 point - Sea Lake will about for revenge after round 1 and play on their home deck
Charlton vs St Arnaud - 80 points - a fit Charlton side will only be feeling fresh and hungry after the bye
Wychee vs Wedderburn - 72 - for obvious reasons, class
Boort vs Donald - 11 points - reversing scores from round 1 with Boort on their home deck and a side that has improved since then

Tips for this weekend? Any other news?

My tips, the main games being in the middle of the ladder:
Sea Lake vs Birchip Watchem - 1 point - Sea Lake will about for revenge after round 1 and play on their home deck
Charlton vs St Arnaud - 80 points - a fit Charlton side will only be feeling fresh and hungry after the bye
Wychee vs Wedderburn - 72 - for obvious reasons, class
Boort vs Donald - 11 points - reversing scores from round 1 with Boort on their home deck and a side that has improved since then
Big lachy sirett last game for birchip this week...returning to colbo!

Big lachy sirett last game for birchip this week...returning to colbo!
Is this right?
If so, I think this is an issue, clearances should close much earlier, it is hard to justify players changing clubs so late.
Having said that, Birchip were too committed, too fast & way too good today for the navies. Sirett was a big part of the reason too.

Last edited:
Is this right?
If so, I think this is an issue, clearances should close much earlier, it is hard to justify players changing clubs so late.
Having said that, Birchip were too committed, too fast & way too good today for the navies. Sirett was a big part of the reason too.

I didn't notice Sirett on the list of clearances but there were plenty of others there. About 20 in the last few weeks into the league.

I didn't notice Sirett on the list of clearances but there were plenty of others there. About 20 in the last few weeks into the league.

Fridge isn't going anywhere! Played another cracker on the weekend! They'll be real dangerous if Holmes comes back, their young ruckman is pretty handy too.

Demons going through a tough patch with injuries, Rumby, Pepsi, Jizz & Sauce all on the long term injurie list. Was good to get Wing back and good to see Jim Coatsworth hitting some form.

It will be an interesting game this week, Donald coming off an upset loss to the Savaloys and the Saints on the up. If the Saints pinch this one you certainly can't count them out of race. But will have their work cut out!

Burners

Seniors image.png Reserves
image.png
Not sure if this is current but was the last updated on SportingPulse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back