Murray FL 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had noticed today that the GVFL has named there inter-league squad for 2017. Does someone want to have a go at our inter-league side??

Tips for Tomorrow boys. Can Congupna get on the board? I think Numurkah by 5 to 7 goals against Rumba will head along with some mates to watch this one. Echuca United vs Moama will be very close.

Tips for Tomorrow boys. Can Congupna get on the board? I think Numurkah by 5 to 7 goals against Rumba will head along with some mates to watch this one. Echuca United vs Moama will be very close.
Heading up to watch Numurkah v Rumba myself. Think Numurkah will be too strong and a lot fitter and will win by 10 goals. Moama v Echuca United will be close and a toss of the coin says United just. Nathalia comfortably over Tongala who will be improved. Concupna will be smashed by Mulwala up on the border. Deni v Finley will be another close one and Deni for me by a few goals. Then on Satuday a huge game between Cobram and Barooga with Barooga getting up in a close on by maybe 3 or 4 goals. Great weekend of MFL coming up

Heading up to watch Numurkah v Rumba myself. Think Numurkah will be too strong and a lot fitter and will win by 10 goals. Moama v Echuca United will be close and a toss of the coin says United just. Nathalia comfortably over Tongala who will be improved. Concupna will be smashed by Mulwala up on the border. Deni v Finley will be another close one and Deni for me by a few goals. Then on Satuday a huge game between Cobram and Barooga with Barooga getting up in a close on by maybe 3 or 4 goals. Great weekend of MFL coming up
Well Numurkah looked everybit a top 3 side while Rumba had a day to forget. Echuca United may not be as strong as what people thought and Congupna still a way off but will get some wins.

Well Numurkah looked everybit a top 3 side while Rumba had a day to forget. Echuca United may not be as strong as what people thought and Congupna still a way off but will get some wins.
Numurkah were clinical in the way they went about it. Should have won by a lot more but they took their foot off the pedal in 2nd and 3rd quarters. They have a solid game plan and their structures stand up well. Might be a long year for Rumba. No one really stood out and their bigger names were not on at all. Lovett Murray, Egan and Clarke all out injured which didn't help.

Numurkah were clinical in the way they went about it. Should have won by a lot more but they took their foot off the pedal in 2nd and 3rd quarters. They have a solid game plan and their structures stand up well. Might be a long year for Rumba. No one really stood out and their bigger names were not on at all. Lovett Murray, Egan and Clarke all out injured which didn't help.
Long way to go and Barooga and Moama will no doubt be strong sides but a Nathalia vs Numurkah Grand Final would be a promoters dream.

Its a shame the Numurkah Nathalia game is on saturday this weekend because it would of 100% drawn a crowd. Anyone game enough to give me a tip on this game. Who will win? and how much by?
I'll tip Numurkah by about 3 goals. Word is Numurkah has one change with Gunning unavailable and that Nathalia have Boyd back to Bushies and a couple of injury clouds over some boys which could see them have up to 3 changes. Should be a ripper game in any case and a high scoring bonanza with both sides having potent forwards.

I'll tip Numurkah by about 3 goals. Word is Numurkah has one change with Gunning unavailable and that Nathalia have Boyd back to Bushies and a couple of injury clouds over some boys which could see them have up to 3 changes. Should be a ripper game in any case and a high scoring bonanza with both sides having potent forwards.
On form you would say Numurkah but Nathalia have had the upper hand on them two easy wins last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On form you would say Numurkah but Nathalia have had the upper hand on them two easy wins last year.

Nathalia always seem to out muscle tNumurkah but the last two games Quinn dominated so it will interesting to see what Nathalia have done to replace him. Numurkah for me by 15 points

Nathalia always seem to out muscle tNumurkah but the last two games Quinn dominated so it will interesting to see what Nathalia have done to replace him. Numurkah for me by 15 points
Nathalia made a statement disappointing for Numurkah and the comp . Mates out at Congupna look to be in for a libg one again but I think they can still hit the winnersboard 3 or 4 times.

Rumba GF I here.
I assume that means the MFL , KDFL and GVL Gf's will all be in shepp Mooroopna all on the same weekend. Any reason it is not at Moama after a couple of years with record crowds ?

I can not see it working at rumba. You cant park your cars on the fence there is no room. Can anyone shine some light on this decision? i think its great they get the opportunity but i just cant see the place holding as many people like Moama can.

I can not see it working at rumba. You cant park your cars on the fence there is no room. Can anyone shine some light on this decision? i think its great they get the opportunity but i just cant see the place holding as many people like Moama can.
I think the surface is good and the park adjacent will have to be filled with cars but goals post are to low and boundary line to fence is to narrow.

Seriously wake up!! Did you watch the last 3 grannys at moama in your car? There is less room for parking at moama on the far wing! Might have to get the tape measure out though to compare goal post. And for the boundry comment WOW.

parking wont be an issue, as no cars will be parked in the ground. the council are on board and we will have access to the parking in the sporting precinct, which will allow people too access the ground near the hockey fields/netball courts. the boundary line isn't even an issue and the surface is great. it will be a success and its a big coup for the club and the city of greater Shepparton.

I'd have thought the ability to park upon the fence is of little significance given the small percentage of those attending ,who would be able to park on the fence at any venue.
Great coup for Shepparton Council and Rumba , is it the right move given the KDFL and GVFL are also to be held on the same weekend and within 10klms , only time will tell.
You would assume there will be a large amount of marketing thrown at the concept of 3 grand final days in pretty much the 1 town on 1 weekend , which has been the case in other regions.

Guess it draws an interesting debate over a GF venue and what is seen as important .
Crowd size , spectical(facilities ) or showing the league off to a newer / unfamiliar audiences.

I'd have thought the ability to park upon the fence is of little significance given the small percentage of those attending ,who would be able to park on the fence at any venue.
Great coup for Shepparton Council and Rumba , is it the right move given the KDFL and GVFL are also to be held on the same weekend and within 10klms , only time will tell.
You would assume there will be a large amount of marketing thrown at the concept of 3 grand final days in pretty much the 1 town on 1 weekend , which has been the case in other regions.

Guess it draws an interesting debate over a GF venue and what is seen as important .
Crowd size , spectical(facilities ) or showing the league off to a newer / unfamiliar audiences.

I reckon having the 3 on the one day is a ridiculous thing. I like how it ism one over here. 4 leagues with each grand final run on its own weekend consecutively culminating in the last of the season being the Bendigo GF

I reckon having the 3 on the one day is a ridiculous thing. I like how it ism one over here. 4 leagues with each grand final run on its own weekend consecutively culminating in the last of the season being the Bendigo GF

I think the problem is that the GV have moved their GF forward a week from their traditional day on the Sunday after the AFL GF.

Might stuff it up for everyone.

I won't be surprised if the KDL play their GF under lights at Mooroopna, makes sense, the footy tragics get to watch all 3 GFs within 24hrs and only 5ks apart

I won't be surprised if the KDL play their GF under lights at Mooroopna, makes sense, the footy tragics get to watch all 3 GFs within 24hrs and only 5ks apart
That's the rumour , be interested to see how it pans out .
Most appear to have had enough after one grand final day, whether that be parents, kids or those on the Turps.
Also heard there is a possibility of mutual ticket purchasing which will allow entry to all games with shepp city throwing some dough at it to offset any loss at gates.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back