Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
By all reports the board want to restructure the football dept which will relinquish Wegner of some of his duties, it is well known he is against the notion of a football director.

I assume the board want to know if he is on side with the new changes they want
This is the point, right here. I think we've all made the point at one time or another. Wenger shouldn't have a say on how the Board wishes to structure the club. If he does want a say, he gives up his managerial position, and becomes a Board member.

Don't be sold on Ramsey's good form, he might have played a few good games in the new formation but just wait to be disappointed. I wouldn't want him in the starting 11, let him be the main man in the Europa team against the backwater airport city teams of Europe.

Also be wary of thinking the new formation is a magic bullet, we just haven't used it for long enough to be found out. Regardless of who we sign if Wenger stays we won't win the league, he has shown time and time again that he is capable of one major change per season when his back is against the wall which is always way too late.

By all reports the board want to restructure the football dept which will relinquish Wegner of some of his duties, it is well known he is against the notion of a football director.

I assume the board want to know if he is on side with the new changes they want

There's definitely a sub plot to this that, knowing Arsenal, will never be made public.

He was supposedly handed an extension in January. I believe Wenger even admitted as such, and stated around March or April his decision will be known. It all seemed up to Wenger.

However fast forward to now and he is saying that there's a board meeting Tuesday night, and they will decide.

So reading between the lines, the previously tabled offer has either been rescinded or revised. That's massive if true.

He is an autocratical manager who wouldn't work well with a DoF. He's basically on par Gazidis in running many major aspects of the club.

Interesting to see how this plays out, he said after the final that we'd all know around Wednesday or Thursday this week.

Which given the club's concept of time, means around July 2018.

Bit late I know but I love the FA Cup: nowhere to hide and if you aren't dinkum, you're f***ed!

Don't worry about what that ******** Robson was saying about Chelsea being "heavy-legged", they weren't heavy-legged, they just weren't ready to cope with a heavy, dinkum Arsenal side.

As they say in the classics, "if you ain't got the ball, you can't do f**k all!" and The Arsenal were vicious at getting hold of the ball and pushing up on the pretty boys and made them look second class; "heavy-legged" my arse!

Sanchez got a goal that should have been ruled out twice but big f***ing deal! It's not as if we were under the cosh, the Pensioners were getting destroyed and it was only a matter of time.

Mertesacker, Welbeck and Ozil, in that order were my best and Ozil would have been if he had put away one of those relatively easy chances he had.

Very happy, very satisfied and I will be over the moon if Wenger says that he is leaving on a high.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ramsey shouldn't be Xhaka's midfield partner, despite his good form lately and in the final. Our last several EPL games were against sides that didn't give a s**t so I'm not convinced. Don't mind if he stays on our roster but not in the XI.

Keita, Matuidi and even Gueye should be considered. Wenger's pursuit of Kante last summer hopefully means he's in for a DM once more. Elneny and Ramsey should be depth at best. Coquelin isn't good enough for the squad anymore.

Giroud and Walcott need to be sold, we desperately need a quality CF. hopefully the recent Costa > Atleti noise paves the way for us to target Lacazette.

great fa cup win , really happy with that
ramsey is a clutch player,
ozil ... cant trust him in crucial moments

so another 2 years with wenger :(

we are going to miss the boat with allegri and other top managers..... again

Ramsey shouldn't be Xhaka's midfield partner, despite his good form lately and in the final. Our last several EPL games were against sides that didn't give a s**t so I'm not convinced. Don't mind if he stays on our roster but not in the XI.

Keita, Matuidi and even Gueye should be considered. Wenger's pursuit of Kante last summer hopefully means he's in for a DM once more. Elneny and Ramsey should be depth at best. Coquelin isn't good enough for the squad anymore.

Giroud and Walcott need to be sold, we desperately need a quality CF. hopefully the recent Costa > Atleti noise paves the way for us to target Lacazette.

I think he's severely overrated to be honest, agree with everything else you said but I don't think he's the answer.

I think he's severely overrated to be honest, agree with everything else you said but I don't think he's the answer.

There may be better options but he's an upgrade on Giroud, that's for sure.

If it's Lacazette or another season of the same s**t then I'd prefer Lacazette.

There may be better options but he's an upgrade on Giroud, that's for sure.

If it's Lacazette or another season of the same s**t then I'd prefer Lacazette.

When you take out all the penalties he's scored I don't think he's ever scored more goals from open play than Giroud did in his last season in France.

When you take out all the penalties he's scored I don't think he's ever scored more goals from open play than Giroud did in his last season in France.

It's an interesting debate. Do you look at goals scored only or does style of play matter too? Giroud always finds the net but we look like a mid-table outfit when he's in the side. I feel United have a similar issue when Ibra plays. Just not quick enough.

I can't really think of many other gettable CFs.

It's an interesting debate. Do you look at goals scored only or does style of play matter too? Giroud always finds the net but we look like a mid-table outfit when he's in the side. I feel United have a similar issue when Ibra plays. Just not quick enough.

I think this is the problem, wish we could land someone like Mbappe or Auba lol.

We kinda already have that player in Welbeck, doesn't score many goals but we look much more threatening with him up front and play a much quicker and smoother style of play. Don't want him as the number 1 CF but not sure Lacazette would offer much more than he does. Especially given the fabled transition period strikers go through when they move to the Premier League.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back