Incubus 20-1

Remove this Banner Ad

The Warmth from Make Yourself was always a fave for me. Dang whale calls get me every time.
Its funny you bring this song up......

7. The Warmth - Make Yourself - 1999

Safe to say it was weird hearing this for the fist time with the sound of whales but its so cool and when that guitar comes in it just sounds so good. There is a really cool vibe going for this song. This song is very relaxing for me its almost like moving with waves. The chorus is brilliant with Brandon sounding great as always. 3min mark is great and the song from there finishes on a real high with Brandon really shining here.

Incubus have ranked their own albums obviously they gave their newest album the highest score so I decided not to include it
1. A Crow Left Of The Murder 9/10
2. Morning View 8/10
3. Light Grenades 8/10
4. Make Yourself 7/10
5. If Not Now When 7/10
6. Science 3/10
7. Fungus Amongus 1/10
Wow, totally different to me.

Make yourself 10/10
SCIENCE 9/10
Light Grenades 7/10
Morning View 7/10
A Crow Left Of The Murder 5/10
Fungus Amongus 5/10
If Not Now When 4/10

Wow, totally different to me.

Make yourself 10/10
SCIENCE 9/10
Light Grenades 7/10
Morning View 7/10
A Crow Left Of The Murder 5/10
Fungus Amongus 5/10
If Not Now When 4/10

It's well known by now that DPS loves the blandest s**t over everything that's actually got a good beat

He gave SCIENCE 3/10 and loves A Crow Left Of The Murder (one of the most boring albums ever)

That says it all

You are a disgrace D_P_S

Stop doing 20-1 you keep shitposting too much

Every single other person on the music board knows that they are doing

What the * is wrong with you?

D_P_S

Stop your shithouse countdowns

You probably like Hanson number 1

You aren't fit to judge Incubus let alone any other bands

Stop s**t posting
Mate did you miss read the part where I said that that's what Incubus rated their own albums? And ACLOTM boring? It's their most unique and well made album and even the band agrees I'll take the opinion of the band you made the ******* albums over you

6. Drive - Make Yourself - 1999

Brandon Boyd......that is all. For alot of people this would have been the first Incubus song they ever heard that much was true for me but i was too young to know the actual band so it wasnt until i heard ACLOTM that i went back through the old Incubus stuff and heard this song and im like "Oh they made this song, cool". On its own the song is great but its even better played live when Brandon really gives it a little extra and the guitar really shreds in the solo and near the end. Lyrically the song is also superb and its a great song to play anywhere because its easy enough to listen to but also powerful enough to keep your interest.

5. Nice To Know You - Morning View - 2002

The start of this song is super cool and that bass is just brilliant. And then Bam the guitars come in and the song has me hooked straight away. There isnt much to be said about why this song is good its just great i love how the song starts to slowly build up towards the chorus and that goes for Brandon aswell you just gets better and better as the song goes on. Speaking of the chorus its an absolute belter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4. Nowhere Fast - Make Yourself - 1999

Really dig the opening to this song and when the guitars hit it is just bliss to my ears. This song really does a good job of capturing what the album is about. The song feels like a journey and every band member gets a chance to make that happen. Fun fact for those who watched the Dragon Ball Z movies this song was included in one of them haha. The lyrics "Will I ever get to where im going" fits so well with the song feeling like a journey and a journey that carries through the whole album. This is a song I wish they played live more often

3. Circles - Morning View - 2001

This song has one of Incubus's best riffs and this is one of their heaviest songs. Morning view really packs a punch with this and Nice To Know You. This song sounds even better live with the heaviness amped up even more. There is nothing complex or progressive about the song its just a straight up rocker and a lot of the time its just what the doctor ordered. The slow part near the end of the song is done so well live leading back into the main riff. This will always be a live staple and for good reason.

2. Megalomaniac - A Crow Let Of The Murder - 2004

With perhaps Incubus's best opening to a song from the minute I first heard this song I knew I was in for an experience with ACLOTM and for sure I was. The build up at the start of this song is just epic and it continues on as the song hits you hard with meaningful lyrics and hard hitting guitars. If not for this song I wouldn't love Incubus as much as I do now this was the perfect introduction to Incubus it captures so much of what Incubus has to offer and it remains not only a live staple but a song no Incubus fan could ever forget. Can still remember when I first saw these guys live and the moment this song started the crowd just went nuts and that carried on the whole way. This song is that well known outside of incubus fans and its a tragedy that it isn't more highly regarded.

1. Sick Sad Little World - A Crow Left Of The Murder - 2004

This song is epic and anyone who hasn't listened I highly suggest you watch this now. Not only is this song great on its won its even better live, I have this DVD and I was just in awe during this performance and this was the ne song I wanted to here live for myself and of course the only show when the toured that I could get to they didn't play it. I love it so much that it soured my experience because this song IS an experience. The guitar work is insane like many good incubus songs every band member shows their very best. The guitar solo is something special proving Mike to be one of the most underrated guitarists of the modern age. Do yourself a favour and watch this or even better buy the DVD because you wont regret it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back