Griffin Logue 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Pleasing to reflect on the fact that all four of last year's main list draftees played last week and all played significant roles. Presumably that happened in 2008/2009/2010 during the last list clean out, but I don't recall it quite to this extent.
2008:
Drum (9 games)
Hinkley (5 games)
Ibbo (19 games)
Mayne (17 games)
Rhys Palmer (20 games & Rising Star)
Brock O'B (2 games)

2009:
Z Clarke (5 games)
M DeBoer (17 games)
S Hill (22 games)
C Pearce (8 games)
L Pratt (1 game)
Timmeh Ruffles (3 games)
Suban (22 games)
J Van Berlo (4 games)
Son-Son Walters (3 games)

2010:
Bollenhagen (3 games)
D Roberton (13 games)
N Fyfe (18 games)
J Crichton (6 games)
A. Morabito (23 games)

2017 (as at end round 19):
H Balic (4 games)
Deluca-Cardillo (2 games)
My-house (3 games)
Darcy (6 games)
Coxy (6 games)
Ryan (7 games)
Logue (10 games)

2008:
Drum (9 games)
Hinkley (5 games)
Ibbo (19 games)
Mayne (17 games)
Brock O'B (2 games)

2009:
Z Clarke (5 games)
M DeBoer (17 games)
S Hill (22 games)
C Pearce (8 games)
L Pratt (1 game)
Timmeh Ruffles (3 games)
Suban (22 games)
J Van Berlo (4 games)

2010:
Bollenhagen (3 games)
D Roberton (13 games)
N Fyfe (18 games)
J Crichton (6 games)
A. Morabito (23 games)

H Balic (4 games)
My-house (3 games)
Darcy (6 games)
Coxy (6 games)
Ryan (7 games)
Logue (10 games)
Mora :(

In serious though in this picture he looks about the same height as Cox who is listed as 193. So I Suppose it isn't completely unlikely he be 194cm. View attachment 399349
In terms of height, Darcy is a little under impressive in that photo. Got the bulk, and most importantly, has the skills. All four of them are strong bodied, and apart from Logue, are smart footballers. I am confident Logue will be the best of the bunch but he clearly has a learning curve. He feels hungry too.

2008:
Drum (9 games)
Hinkley (5 games)
Ibbo (19 games)
Mayne (17 games)
Brock O'B (2 games)

2009:
Z Clarke (5 games)
M DeBoer (17 games)
S Hill (22 games)
C Pearce (8 games)
L Pratt (1 game)
Timmeh Ruffles (3 games)
Suban (22 games)
J Van Berlo (4 games)

2010:
Bollenhagen (3 games)
D Roberton (13 games)
N Fyfe (18 games)
J Crichton (6 games)
A. Morabito (23 games)

H Balic (4 games)
My-house (3 games)
Darcy (6 games)
Coxy (6 games)
Ryan (7 games)
Logue (10 games)

Cheers for the details on the games played by rookies back then. However my point was more the quality of the games played by the Fab Four last week as opposed to them all actually playing. I'm confident already that all four are keepers. Back in the late naughties there were only really a couple that stood the test of time each year.

A perfect example of 'sticking fat' with a youngster when you know he's got most of the right tools but is just struggling to show them/get confidence/adapt to to the next level early on in his career.
always had the confidence he'd be an astute draft choice for us but rapt he's able to contribute so quickly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didnt follow footy that closely back when he debuted but is Logue's game and development tracking along the Mundy lines? IE do we think we can make a midfielder out of him as he gets more experience or is he a lock for down back for the next 12 years?

He's not half the kick Mundy is but he'd be a great kpd imo.

I didnt follow footy that closely back when he debuted but is Logue's game and development tracking along the Mundy lines? IE do we think we can make a midfielder out of him as he gets more experience or is he a lock for down back for the next 12 years?
Doesn't have the footy smarts and game reading ability as Mundy.

The young Mundy was probably second only to Roger Hayden in terms of Freo players who looked like they had all the time in the world to operate in a phone box.

I don't see much similarity between him and Logue tbh. Logue reminds me more of a Croad type athlete who lacks the nuance to be a mid but who has all the tools to be fashioned into a very good defender.

The young Mundy was probably second only to Roger Hayden in terms of Freo players who looked like they had all the time in the world to operate in a phone box.

I don't see much similarity between him and Logue tbh. Logue reminds me more of a Croad type athlete who lacks the nuance to be a mid but who has all the tools to be fashioned into a very good defender.

Well put....His explosive pace in being able to get to a contest is going to be invaluable for us.

Massive upside in Logue.

Can understand people wanting to slot him in the midfield but really as estibador said he doesn't quite have that midfield nous to do it as his primary role but what he does have is fantastic athletic attributes fully suited to match up on almost any modern
Kpf

Add to that he has a raking left foot on him ,is very good mark and a natural attacking mindset hes also more than capable of being that roll off /intercepting attacking defender ,makes him definitely most value to the side down back.
Don't underestimate how important this position Is in modern footy. Think Alex rance/Luke hodge like/type role.

Which speaking of the latter I think griff should look to model himself on and hope the club use him likewise(already Ross has in patches) with his ability to still be able to go have spurts in the midfield or even stints up fwd

Don't get the Mundy comparisons aside from the fact they were both drafted as KPD.

Mundy is in a totally different league in regards to evasion, sidestep and awareness. Likewise, Logue is in another league regarding pace, athleticism and, in time, strength.

Completely different player profiles. Of all AFL players, Griff reminds me the most of Rance (we can hope) and not at all of Mundy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back