2nds Port Adelaide vs Norwood - Round 17 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

One of the best Dacios Dribble goals I have seen, mainly because the length of the dribble and the slow turn of the ball that it eventual got there by the ball finally turning about 75 degrees. I was leaving early and would have missed it if my brother inlaw didnt stop to talk to his cousin in front of the past players tent. Had a great view of it from the opposite pocket to Krak and even though the ball was turning slowly, I just knew it was going in from the moment it left his boot.
The highlights package will be great to watch this week. Hope they make separate videos for Eddy and Krak.

An enjoyable day of winter footy. Started off buying those great De Souza's pies and pasties before I walked into the ground at the northern end to warm me up. Gotta get them into Adelaide Oval or the GDV next year.

First half of the first quarter was a real arm wrestle and Broadie Dawe took a couple of marks early and I thought here we go again as we never have an answer for him and no Howard and Frampton means he will take a stack load of marks as he usually does. But Austin with cover help from Hombsch and Lienert kept him quiet for the rest of the day.

We used good link up handball to get on top of Norwood in the 1st quarter and kept at it all day. Our kicking was pretty good in the windy conditions. It dropped away in the 3rd quarter when the ball became a piece of soap for 10-15 minutes when the rain finally hit. I was impressed with our ball and all tackling and gang tackling. Our tackles stuck more than in the A grade the last few weeks. Our goal kicking was good and most set shots allowed for the wind correctly.

Jacko was BOG today. His goal kicking was very good. He has been working with someone because his striking of the ball has improved from a few weeks ago. Even his action has improved slightly. He did everything you would expect from a dominate forward to do. Lead well, marked well, kicked well, competed well and replaced any agro missing with Frampton being out. Will play for the Power if Jonas gets a holiday from the MRP. Basically said *en pick me Ken.

Eddy played well all day. lead up the ground as well as got the ball deep. Krak played well in the first and last quarters and was a little quiet in between. Young got 12 handballs but I reckon I missed half of them. I did see him get a lot of kicks. Played well without staring. I thought Lobbe played well, beat Baulderstone, got the ball all around the ground, used his body in packs to help out on ballers and was involved in some good link play. Toumpas played the best game I have seen him play this year. Did some smart defensive play. Impey had a quiet first half but burst into the game in the third quarter and made an impact. Didnt do much in the last quarter.

Of the other experienced guys, I thought both Gus and White had their moments and were solid but didnt do anything that screamed out pick me, pick me. Ah Chee was pretty good on ball and had 2 or 3 cracks at mark of the day before pulling in that screamer in the last quarter in front of the Quinn stand. Did do a 15-20m handball. I thought Drew was good in a few pack/crunch situations and was more effective and cleaner than Atley.

Lienert continues to impress me. Is a smart player and good reader of the play and that kick is a great weapon to have in the back pocket. Austin was solid and did one great bit of play on the outer wing when they had an over lap free player in the 3rd quarter. It was raining and the ball was a bit of a piece of soap but the 3rd free player in Norwood's chain fumbled a long handball. Austin ran about 30m to make a contest left his man up by the 50m arc, and whilst the redlegs fumble helped, he got to the contest and killed the ball and a certain goal. Hombsch did ok especially 3rd man up killing the ball but I didnt see anything in his game that said he has to play for the Power next week.

Sumo was his usual reliable self. Hewett was good especially moving the ball through the corridor and a couple of tackles. Palmer had a purple patch in the first quarter but didnt see him much after that. Snelling came into the game in the second half especially when the ball became greasy. Irra did some nice things and was solid watching Wilson for most of the day. Ladhams nearly took about 5 marks in our forward line today but they didnt stick. he kicked a goal from a nice strong mark.

Overall a dominate performance where we stopped their older experienced players either dominating the game or having any real impact on the game for more than the odd moment. That is very rare when our young sides have played Norwood. I think having so many over 25 year olds is the reason why this happened compared to the previous say 10 times we have played the redlegs ie Jacko, Lobbe, Eddy, Summo, White, Gus, Krak, Young and then the near 25 year olds of Hombsch, Lienert, Toumpas and Ah Chee

Last edited:

That 140 point reserves win followed by the 71 point league win wouldn't surprise me if it made the Norwood backwater pres frantically and emotionally dig out the ol fax machine and send through a full list of rule modifications plus new ones.

You can bet your life on it !

What's with Johnston and Panos' stats for Norwood? Are they just not very good now, or?
Johnston just sucks. Panos has been moved forward a bit this year apparently. Obviously the ball barely got there so he couldn't do much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Started off buying those great De Souza's pies and pasties before I walked into the ground at the northern end to warm me up. Gotta get them into Adelaide Oval or the GDV next year.

The world needs to stop, everything is trivial until this is sorted out.

I thought de souza's was shut? They had stopped baking?

The sanfl finals qualification rules for our players having to play more sanfl games than afl and three games after June 30, do they apply if the AFL side is alive in the finals?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back