2018 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Have our lights at Alberton been upgraded? 4pm twilight match

Goal posts were upgraded and the Quinn stand seats at the end of last season were being changed from wooden benches to plastic Adelaide Oval style seats. No lights upgrades yet.

Happy with that preseason draw. Playing the best team in the comp in the last warm up game is great preparation. Plus we get a good break between the first and second game which will help recovery. And best of all we finally play a preseason game at Alberton again and not Noarlunga, Richmond pr Elizabeth

Do we go with a young side to perth? Only got 2 games this time maybe play maggies again?

I'm pretty sure both clubs told the AFL they didn't want pre-season 'showdowns' only a few years ago. Gotta love the AFL.
Looks like they have ensured that nobody travels in Week 3.

Did we play St. Kilda the last time we played a pre-season match at Alberton? I distinctly recall I, I want to say...Clurey? Holding Riewoldt to very low possies and no goals or something to that effect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did we play St. Kilda the last time we played a pre-season match at Alberton? I distinctly recall I, I want to say...Clurey? Holding Riewoldt to very low possies and no goals or something to that effect.

That game wasn't an official AFL pre season game. It was organised between the two clubs.

Yes we did. A game v South Adelaide beforehand.

Saints got out of the blocks very quickly but we ended up winning the game.

Hopefully the Club put on a function upstairs similar to the one they had that day and GR can get chauffeur driven by his daughter again.

Lol, we finally get a preseason game at Alberton and people are whinging because we are the playing the crows?? Carn, it’s not like any of their supporters will go. Can’t wait.

Yeah, crows fans won't go for want of not pouring money into our coffers. They'll choose instead to go watch it at the Alma and pour money into Simon Goodwin's, the man who stole Jake Lever from them, coffers.

Freakin awesome. Pretend football at a real oval. Will be there with bells on. Excited as.

Wouldnt expect many of their fans to attend. Will be like family day mark two.

Any chance the club could setup a major history exhibition or organise a parade of premiership cups and champion players before the game.

#shitclubnohistory

Agreed

Alberton deserves a traditional club for an opponent.

I'd rather keep Alberton franchise free
The only time the crows should be at Alberton is when the Maggies are belting their crappy reserves side during the SANFL season.

Normally I'd be against the preseason Showdown but I don't mind us trying a few things out against them before the real stuff starts.

Freakin awesome. Pretend football at a real oval. Will be there with bells on. Excited as.

Wouldnt expect many of their fans to attend. Will be like family day mark two.

Any chance the club could setup a major history exhibition or organise a parade of premiership cups and champion players before the game.

#shitclubnohistory

We already do. It's called The Port Club.

The WA & SA teams are all playing each other to keep the pre-season travel limited.

I'm happy about a game at Alberton but not that it's that AFLX pile of wank.

EDIT: So now I understand that there will be two regular pre-season games and details regarding AFLX matches will come out later.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back