Golf Golf Clubs/Equipment Discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Have any of yous had any experience with the site crazygolfdeals?

Just wondering if it is a trustworthy site, etc.

Some good looking deals for 18 holes for 2 plus cart hire.
Used them regularly, never had a problem. Also worth looking at the 2 for 1 site they have https://golfvouchers.com.au/

Cheers!

Just grabbed 18 holes for 2 with motorized cart for $49, usually $128 I think.

I'll bookmark that site.

Just check details closely.

Some of the deals historically have been midweek only.
Site has always been great tho

View attachment 444449View attachment 444450

Just trying to work this out...

Are they saying 5 bucks for 1/2 people for a round, or do u pay the $25 for the round (for 2), and the $5 is the fee for the voucher? Hmmm
Basically you buy the voucher online for $5. Then you and a mate book a tee time with the club. When you arrive you pay the $25 green fees directly to the club and present the voucher for the second player. So all up it will cost $30.

Hi All.
Just a hacker here (shoots about 90 off the stick) looking for some forgiving iron sets. I currently use cloned Callaway clubs that have a sweet spot about half the size of a pea.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi All.
Just a hacker here (shoots about 90 off the stick) looking for some forgiving iron sets. I currently use cloned Callaway clubs that have a sweet spot about half the size of a pea.

How about something like this? Nice and forgiving and they are in Perth so won't cost a lot to ship. Regular flex which should be ok unless you are a genuine power hitter.

https://www.golfbox.com.au/clubs/callaway-steelhead-xr-irons-steel-shaft-5-pw/

Hi All.

I love my Mizuno mp15 and the balance makes them forgiving imo as misshits are less frequent, they don’t go as far but at least straighter than a miss hit with one of those so called game improvement bulky things you can get. If you want a cavity back I believe titliest AP2 are good.

90 isn’t a real hack, just get an iron that feels balanced and smooth when you swing and looks good at address, I like a small looking club face as in my mind it means less chance of missing the center. Some like a big club face as in their mind the centre is bigger, the point is it’s what works in your head makes as much difference as the club.

I believe the heavier cavity back irons may help square the face by bullying centrifugal force which can be handy however that can easily make a swing become all arms and no body if not careful imo.

Last edited:
90 isn’t a real hack, just get an iron that feels balanced and smooth when you swing and looks good at address,

95 off the stick more realistic. Looking to get fitted at Drummond so thank you all for the suggestions, I will def give the Mizuno and Callaways a rip.

I use a 23 degree Mizuno hybrid which is the easiest club to hit and I can generally carry that 170. Great go to club, so real keen to try out their irons.

Hi All.

95 off the stick more realistic. Looking to get fitted at Drummond so thank you all for the suggestions, I will def give the Mizuno and Callaways a rip.

I use a 23 degree Mizuno hybrid which is the easiest club to hit and I can generally carry that 170. Great go to club, so real keen to try out their irons.

even then 95 isnt hack status. playing off 23 at my club, meaning a GA around 20. Good positioning

Looking at getting a new set of irons after playing with blades for the 2 and a half years since taking up the sport.

Got my handicap below 17 now and probably a good time to start using some irons that are better suited to my ability. Happy to go second hand so if anyone has or sees a good deal on a second hand set feel free to let me know. Been doing a bit of research and keeping my eyes out. If I don't see any good deals pop up online I'll just keep saving my money and go get fitted for a set or something.

Looking at some kind of game improvement irons in regular flex steel or graphite shafts. Probably looking at something from the last 5 years or so as well.

Last edited:
Looking at getting a new set of irons after playing with blades for the 2 and a half years since taking up the sport.

Got my handicap below 17 now and probably a good time to start using some irons that are better suited to my ability. Happy to go second hand so if anyone has or sees a good deal on a second hand set feel free to let me know. Been doing a bit of research and keeping my eyes out. If I don't see any good deals pop up online I'll just keep saving my money and go get fitted for a set or something.

Looking at some kind of game improvement irons in regular flex steel or graphite shafts. Probably looking at something from the last 5 years or so as well.

have you looked at the golf forum Ozgolf?

it has a section called pro-shop with lots of the lads selling sets

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is a facebook site called Australian Golf Buy, Swap & Sell. Check that out. There is several members on their that are from pro shops in Melbourne and all over Australia that do really really good deals and without ebay charges etc. Check it out

There is a facebook site called Australian Golf Buy, Swap & Sell. Check that out. There is several members on their that are from pro shops in Melbourne and all over Australia that do really really good deals and without ebay charges etc. Check it out
Yeah mate been all over it, got my eye on a set of M2's on there, just got to try convince myself to go for it and spend the $$$. Hard when you're 27 and the gf (of 7.5 years) is starting to talk about getting engaged and building a house :$

Yeah mate been all over it, got my eye on a set of M2's on there, just got to try convince myself to go for it and spend the $$$. Hard when you're 27 and the gf (of 7.5 years) is starting to talk about getting engaged and building a house :$

vale your golf

Your not old so honestly I recommend stick with your blades or get perimeter weighted blades.
Maybe get hold of a game improvement 5 iron for practice and if you can get the feel of the way it opens and shuts almost by itself through the swing, then you should be able to get the exact same feel with your blades by concentrating on feeling the same address shaft plane for each club throughout the swing and just gripping them lighter to feel the less obvious closing of the blade through impact, you’ll get the same shot with blades as any club doing this.
Mastering that light touch/feel makes you better and better, but game improvement clubs can rob that feel away and make a sloppy swing imo.
But if you already have that feel nailed then they can work but the tendency is to start gripping hard and ripping with those irons as they don’t whip through as quick due to the weight . Also if you want to play a draw or a fade with many game improvement irons the balance of the face in the backswing feels so ridiculously clumsy it throws the shaft off plane, where as playing a blade open or shut the feel through the shaft is more subtle so it doesn’t throw your shaft all over the place so you get less shanks etc.
Some do but some don’t agree with this so just food for thought.

There's sellers in Melbourne on that site named George Alexanderopolous and Dan koefed who are gems and good sellers.. In the eastern suburbs

The boy wants the M3.

I told him I want a Mercedes convertible

:)

bmw-m3-buyers-guide-car-and-driver-photo-365504-s-450x274.jpg

I'd like to say i feel your pain, but 10 years married and the wife never stops me playing golf :)

In fact when one of my social clubs takes a break, she suggests i find another club :D

My next possible purchase from EBAY, has pics, and it does look brand new, also in my favour contacted seller, and he is happy for me to have a look at it in the flesh and pay cash .

Callaway XR 16 Driver

Adjustable loft -1deg to +2 degree
Adjustable lie Neutral to Draw
Total of 8 settings, comes with adjusting tool

Shaft: Fujikura Speeder evolution graphite shaft, regular flex

Brand new, never been used , in perfect condition

AU $280.00

Remove this Banner Ad

Back