Golf Golf Clubs/Equipment Discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

What's practice?

On a serious nite when i was a 15-20 handicapper my short game was brilliant. Inside 50 was up n down 7 outta 10 times.
Basically i was hitting it on every hole as my tee shits were sprayed everywhere.

As my tee to green game got better i hardly hit any 20-50 shots, as a result my "touch" is gone now as i never hit them on a regular basis

God knows how I'm off 7 with my short game (except bunkers, love em!)

Yep. I am off 7 now and notice the same thing.

So you have all the shots in your bag, bloody show off :p

s**t shots yes. Im the master at those.

What's practice?

tenor.gif

On a serious nite when i was a 15-20 handicapper my short game was brilliant. Inside 50 was up n down 7 outta 10 times.
Basically i was hitting it on every hole as my tee shits were sprayed everywhere.

As my tee to green game got better i hardly hit any 20-50 shots, as a result my "touch" is gone now as i never hit them on a regular basis

God knows how I'm off 7 with my short game (except bunkers, love em!)
Yep. I am off 7 now and notice the same thing.

Life of the good golfer it seems for youse guys!

I mean, makes sense, driver (in play), mid iron into green, putt, walk off like a boss.

wedges collect dust

s**t shots yes. Im the master at those.

tenor.gif

Life of the good golfer it seems for youse guys!

I mean, makes sense, driver (in play), mid iron into green, putt, walk off like a boss.

wedges collect dust

Driver, wedge 2 putts walk away, very few par 4s are more than driver wedge.

I've reached a point where i wont hit off a par4 tee unless I'll be 80+ out from the green or greenside.

Even if it means 6iron like off the tee

That's how crap my short game is

Driver, wedge 2 putts walk away, very few par 4s are more than driver wedge.

I've reached a point where i wont hit off a par4 tee unless I'll be 80+ out from the green or greenside.

Even if it means 6iron like off the tee

That's how crap my short game is

smart golf right there. as rachel hetherington once told me, play to hit your fave club into the green. if that means no driver off the T, so be it.

i havent got a fave club

Club?

For me thats 52degree range, 105-115
56 degree is about 90-100

I am not a big hitter. I will hit my gap wedge (50) anywhere from 70-100. PW (46) for 100-117.

Last edited:
My favourite club is my 8 iron, just flush it almost religiously
My favourite club is my 48° PW. I don't mind hitting 7, 8 or 9 iron also. I hit Mizuno JPX 800 irons from 4 to PW. A JPX 825 GW and Callaway MD3 sand and lob wedge.
I will hit my PW 110 to 125m. My gap 75 to 120m. My sand wedge 50 to 75m and the lob anything below 50m. However, I am a big fan of the Texas wedge if the ground conditions favour it from within 20m of the green. :$

My favourite club is my 48° PW. I don't mind hitting 7, 8 or 9 iron also. I hit Mizuno JPX 800 irons from 4 to PW. A JPX 825 GW and Callaway MD3 sand and lob wedge.
I will hit my PW 110 to 125m. My gap 75 to 120m. My sand wedge 50 to 75m and the lob anything below 50m. However, I am a big fan of the Texas wedge if the ground conditions favour it from within 20m of the green. :$

My PW is 46 degree, then a gap to my 52, 56 and 60 make up my 4 wedges

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still prefer Tour Links. Not mad keen on rolled out options. Prefer the raised design of TL. The Australian had one in their teaching centre last week.

It is just way too hard to source in Australia. I would be willing to part with some fairly serious $$$ but just can't find anything.

smart play my friend. i have added bump and run hybrid off the green. Can be hard to control at times but yeah.

Any recommendations for cheap-ish golf gloves? Just going to buy the one and see how it goes.

Do the trick?
View attachment 443746

If you buy a 6 pack of the mizuno it comes to ~9/10 each. If you buy 12 and find a 20 off 100 voucher, prob much cheaper.

I use the mizuno tecflex gloves (very very good) - $99 for 6.

Mizuno glove is good

Try golfclearance outlet as well. Often have some good deals
Is it a large fit for its size? I buy the Callaway Weather Spann golf glove in the XL size and it is a larger fit than normal. I used to wear XXL size gloves but no one has sold that size for over 10 years. The Callaway Weather Spann golf glove is the only one that fits.

Is it a large fit for its size? I buy the Callaway Weather Spann golf glove in the XL size and it is a larger fit than normal. I used to wear XXL size gloves but no one has sold that size for over 10 years. The Callaway Weather Spann golf glove is the only one that fits.

Actually it is.
However i do prefer a tight fitting glove

Remove this Banner Ad

Back