Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 4 (cont in pt 5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A poster tried linking a new banking measure implemented by 1 bank directly to Trump. I pointed out that this is already happening here, and probably to a bigger degree in terms of Australians being screwed over by banks. It is only a story because some deranged Anti-trumper thought it somehow links to him. Maybe they should forget about Trump and look at things happening in our own backyard

Why not both?

Why do you resort to whataboutism to leap to Trump's defence regardless of the topic?

Is Don is good.

Leading the world forward whilst the left melt down. IMF upgrades global growth thanks to the Donald, black and unemployment at all time lows, wage growth starting to resume, investment in the US economy skyrocketing.

But he is overweight apparently and has a bad diet.

Fantastic, he passed a sugar hit, most of the benefits of which go to the top and created a GIANT budget deficit which will either need to be taken out of programs for the poor/middle class OR raise taxes in the future.

Wage growth has been stagnant under Trump's Presidency so far. Inequality is growing as well. The exact reasons why people were pissed off in the first place under Obama.

Lol, how many of those wars did Trump start? Compare that to the nobel peace prize winner. Thank him for the bombs falling in Syria, that is his work. Trump has started no wars (yet).

One of Trumps principal election platforms was a withdrawal & shrinkage of U.S intervention on an international level.....He has drastically increased & expanded U.S intervention right across the board on all fronts other than Syria....Which was used as the furphy by which to make him seem divergent to Clinton.

It was all a ruse.....Trump has ramped up the use of Drones almost 5 fold & killed as many civilians in a 12 month period, than Obama did in 8 years.....He has also removed many protections in allowing the C.I.A to murder innocent civilians with impunity....The silent shadowy destruction of Middle & North Africa is also ever increasing, with zero MSM coverage by it's Corporate Buddies of U.S imperialism.

In short....the bloke is a sell-out piece of s**t & a pathologically lying scum-bag.

Is Don is good.

Leading the world forward whilst the left melt down. IMF upgrades global growth thanks to the Donald, black and unemployment at all time lows, wage growth starting to resume, investment in the US economy skyrocketing.

But he is overweight apparently and has a bad diet.
and forked a pr0n star a few years ago.

I think they won a concession by the Republicans agreeing to legistation on DACA before that date. Really didn't lose anything and it reflects better on the Dems.
Now it is up to the other side to come up with something...

All they got was McConnell promising to do something in the future.

Which essentially means they got absolutely nothing as McConnell's word is mud and he breaks promises at the drop of a hat.

Which essentially means they got absolutely nothing as McConnell's word is mud and he breaks promises at the drop of a hat.
So, a typical politician then?

Last edited:
From what ive read trumps been a bit all over the place on daca. Part of the reason the gop wanted him out of negotiations is they are.more hardline on daca than he is
Yes read similar, struggling to find exact details.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Basically this, but more the effectiveness of their "interference". I do think they probably made attempts to have an influence, that much makes sense. I mean, I think every single other actor with a vested interest in the election outcome made attempts. Even I was shilling for Trump as I'd bet a decent amount of coin on him to win. But do you have any idea how much money & planning went into Jeb Bush's campaign? How much went into Hilary's? The connections they have? Not to mention all the other candidates ... and then all the other vested interests in general. Just think about all of the moving parts involved. There's no way Russia could have pantsed them all. No way.
Absolutely.
And I am not unaware of the power that Clinton or Bush wield/ed. Or how much influence is coming in from all areas all the time.
But, what if Russia didn't 'pants them all', but merely added to existing elements for an outcome that would be beneficial to them. Without it necessarily being their original intent?
If the Democrats are trying to undermine the Republicans, and the Republicans are trying to undermine the Democrats, doesn't that make it a lot easier for Russia to get people to question the US democratic system?

(Just to add - Yes the US democratic system does need to be questioned. And it is/was, but used to be with research, facts and evidence).

And so? You do know there's a fee for the same sort of stuff that comes into play when you bank with the Commonwealth Bank of Australia?
Infact look at what happens if you don't follow the fine print on most savings accounts. You don't get interest.

I'm sure your off protesting this though? You know, an actual issue happening in our own country?
It is part of why we are getting a banking royal commission the fees charged bear no relation to the risk or effort provided by the service.

Any hints on who with?

I saw michael wolf on bill maher show and wolf said it was the only thing he left out of the book but he said there were hints in the last pages. I havent read the book.
Nikki Haley seems to be the popular choice.

Personally I reckon Hope Hicks is the 'lucky' person. Would explain why she has a job in the White House (it certainly isn't based on her resume).

I realise that but it is up to them to compromise now and the public will know where the fault will lie.

Most of the West Wing staff are not there based on their resume.
Yeah but some are thinner than others.

It's possible that Omarosa was trump's f***-buddy in the WH. Would explain her hiring and her comments after being axed.

That would be beautiful. Trump shagging an African American would send half his base into therapy.

It's possible that Omarosa was trump's f***-buddy in the WH. Would explain her hiring and her comments after being axed.

That would be beautiful. Trump shagging an African American would send half his base into therapy.
Ivanka being mentioned on the nanny is no qualification.

Totally agree - as Bruce would say "DELICIOUS" :eek:

Climate change has been happening forever. Litter is a ******* disgrace, just like their march for an imaginary cause!

If litter being left by a Women's March gets you ranting then surely you'll be outraged at Trump rolling back regulations on coal companies allowing them to dump toxic sludge into waterways. Right.....right?

A poster tried linking a new banking measure implemented by 1 bank directly to Trump. I pointed out that this is already happening here, and probably to a bigger degree in terms of Australians being screwed over by banks. It is only a story because some deranged Anti-trumper thought it somehow links to him. Maybe they should forget about Trump and look at things happening in our own backyard
How is it a bigger degree when the Bank of America charge is greater than those for our fees?
Although I will admit I don't know all the BoA products maybe a non cheque account still has no fees.

Edit - just checked; the no checking facility (Savings account) requires $500 minimum balance to have no fees.

And regarding the burden of banking fees relative to unemployment benefit
- USA the amount of benefit varies between states; but for example California the maximum benefit payable is $450/ week (no I do not know if this is a single person or a family benefit). So $144/ year is just under 0.7% of income at maximum benefit; the same source quoted the minimum benefit being $40/ week (so the bank fee would be 7% of their income)

- Aust maximum benefit for a single person is $501/ fortnight, so $5/ month = $60/ year which is about 0.5% of income. And if the newstart is being paid into the account this would count towards regular depositing and therefore meet minimum deposit to avoid fees.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back