Bulldogs feud - what is it about?

Remove this Banner Ad

Ironic, coming from a supporter that attempted to merge with North Melbourne and was told to GAGF
I don't recall that but if you are telling the truth I suspect it would have been more like an amalgamation/take over.

Like when my Dad from Toorak offers your Dad in Werribee an extra 100K for his little shed because he likes the olive trees.

At least the AFL like the Dogs and Richmond. They are even talking up Melbourne and the Saints but when it comes to North they know better. Just let them starve and when they are really desperate make them the Tassie Roos. Long term planning.

Which is of course why they are pumping in lots of dollars to do up Arden Street.

Enjoy your once every forty years premiership.

I don't recall that but if you are telling the truth I suspect it would have been more like an amalgamation/take over.

Like when my Dad from Toorak offers your Dad in Werribee an extra 100K for his little shed because he likes the olive trees.

Does your Dad from Toorak have a friend in Paris he goes to visit a lot?

What's this?
Essendon's sordid history of getting kicked out of Essendon and racist nicknames (pre-Bombers) came to a head in the early 20s when their home ground in East Melbourne was being sold for railyards.

A merger was suggested between North & Essendon, Essendon wanted to be close to their recruitment areas and North wanted entry to the VFA. VFA kicked up a stick as it wanted to keep North, merger talks collapsed and North stayed in the VFA after their board was sacked. Essendon relocated for the 1923 season back closer to Essendon.

Jesus, we're back to Primary School.

Essendon's sordid history of getting kicked out of Essendon and racist nicknames (pre-Bombers) came to a head in the early 20s when their home ground in East Melbourne was being sold for railyards.

A merger was suggested between North & Essendon, Essendon wanted to be close to their recruitment areas and North wanted entry to the VFA. VFA kicked up a stick as it wanted to keep North, merger talks collapsed and North stayed in the VFA after their board was sacked. Essendon relocated for the 1923 season back closer to Essendon.

Ah yes, that.

I thought you meant ezard15 had tried to turncoat over to us and we had - naturally - told him to jam it.

Actually, quite a few Essendon supporters tried to become North supporters while the drug stuff was on, but we wouldn't have a bar of it.

Haha it always cheers me up when I remember the Bombers were booted out to the barren wastelands of Tullamarine by a bunch of pensioners who enjoy a game of bowls.

Smoke and mirrors. It will be used for AFLW and cricket.

It will be used for AFLW, the North Melbourne VFL team and for the North Melbourne men's AFL team to train at.

Now run along, your presence grows tiresome.

It will be used for AFLW, the North Melbourne VFL team and for the North Melbourne men's AFL team to train at.

Now run along, your presence grows tiresome.
This is my home as opposed to your location: In the not so distant future...

Tasmania.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reports again this week that an ongoing feud between Susan Alberti and Peter Gordon flared up with Alberti being denied entry - for the second time - to a Bulldogs match, this time an AFLW game.

Alberti and Smorgon have given the club millions and millions of dollars over the years, and it would be fair to say the Dogs wouldn't be around today but for their generosity.

Both are major figures in the footy world too, Alberti being one of the most influential female figures in the game. She's been a major backer of AFLW, but was also a major player in men's AFL and the footy world generally before the dawn of AFLW.

So what is driving this dispute that is playing out in the media now?

It has got to the point where federal politicians like Michael Sukkar are buying in, and club greats like Adam Cooner having their say on Twitter.

What is the genesis of the blue?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...k=6a8a82481d9ccc3d283c823f49124bb4-1519609401

(MODS note - I have posted this here as it pertains to the wider footy club that is the Western Bulldogs, NOT just the AFLW arm or recent game)

Clearly it has to be opposing personal ideologies.

One's an avowed capitalist and the other is a mega millionaire communist.

A merger was suggested between North & Essendon, Essendon wanted to be close to their recruitment areas ......

Essendons recruitment area WAS North Melbourne. What do you think kept us out of the VFL in 1897?

Even after we joined the VFL they still didn't hand it back for another 12 years!

Haha it always cheers me up when I remember the Bombers were booted out to the barren wastelands of Tullamarine by a bunch of pensioners who enjoy a game of bowls.

Brought undone by this bloke:

iu

He should be given life membership by North.

Isn't your home Thailand?
Beerfish told you to ignore me but it's addictive I know. Home is where the heart is and for me that's Bigfooty. Whether I'm lazing in Thailand or visiting Melbourne Bigfooty is always with me. Us.

Just ignore him mate. That's the best way to deal with trolls. :thumbsu:
I know you're ignoring me but I believe in good trolls and bad trolls and that all of us have a little troll inside. A good troll trolls the bad trolls to keep Bigfooty a happy place.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back