Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 4 (cont in pt 5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's at least 4 paragraphs down in the article:

The campaign called this effort targeted sharing. And in those final weeks of the campaign, the team blitzed the supporters who had signed up for the app with requests to share specific online content with specific friends simply by clicking a button.
That's what everyone does. Is that illegal or immoral or against terms of use?
With the precursor of not even regarding myself as a good bush lawyer....

If someone uses an app and gives permission for you and friend details to be obtained that, for mine, takes "illegal" off the table. Not sure of FB's terms of use for app developers so I'll go with immoral. Not sure immoral would see someone get in too much trouble though.

Now, when did Facebook change their terms? From what I can see, about 2015.

Of course CA and Trump didn't continue after 2015 to use the data they had gained? Transfer it between entities?

And OF COURSE they didn't use it to post targeted, shareable fake news. Of course they didn't.

There are questions about whether Facebook allowed access to data illegally. They say no, others say maybe, others say definitely. Can any of the laws about consent to share data be contracted out of? I don't know.

With the precursor of not even regarding myself as a good bush lawyer....

If someone uses an app and gives permission for you and friend details to be obtained that, for mine, takes "illegal" off the table. Not sure of FB's terms of use for app developers so I'll go with immoral. Not sure immoral would see someone get in too much trouble though.
I doubt any court is going to allow someone to authorise the release of the data of a third party to a company without the explicit permission of said third party.

th_y4n8Adf3EqWch-y7c-aSA4wcIpC2ShgJds4YVe2uqgSWaaAuDg7eUhjlAr2YdhTIgm6rXhT4X-jctTBeRsPvFM8cX5L_QOsAZ01k=w245-h184-nc
Well played. Perfect illustration of Trump.

I doubt any court is going to allow someone to authorise the release of the data of a third party to a company without the explicit permission of said third party.
Isn't it the app developer that is receiving the data?

At what point does Big footy have a duty of care to seek out help for the Trumpians on here? Its becoming quite depressing and I worry for their mental states and capacity to reason.
We are going fine and dandy, thanks. I'm more concerned about the TDS sufferers, who are 16 months in to an 8 year tantrum!

Isn't it the app developer that is receiving the data?
You're asking the wrong question. It's not about who is receiving the data - its about what they are receiving.

If I download an app and I grant it permission for all sorts of things on my phone, thats fine in terms of it harvesting my data. That doesn't give it the right to harvest the data of people connected to me. That requires the permission of those people.

You're asking the wrong question. It's not about who is receiving the data - its about what they are receiving.

If I download an app and I grant it permission for all sorts of things on my phone, thats fine in terms of it harvesting my data. That doesn't give it the right to harvest the data of people connected to me. That requires the permission of those people.
But if the app asks for that permission and you give it then your friends should be pissed at you not the app. In saying that it is completely immoral that an app asks for more than your data.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But if the app asks for that permission and you give it then your friends should be pissed at you not the app. In saying that it is completely immoral that an app asks for more than your data.
But isn't it the app developer's fault for creating such a mechanism as well?
Moreover, when they say 'access to your contacts' that doesn't immediately jump to 'harvest every bit of data off your contacts' profiles'.

Hint: When was the US part of a "colonial force" drawing boundaries? Your original claim regarded "US foreign policy", in case you forgot.

They had a small empire sometime between the 1800s and World War 2 (after that it became politically incorrect to openly have an empire). Their 50 states + X territories instead of just the original 13 states is also a result of imperialism.

I understand your angst. It must be very embarrassing for you to read such things about the corrupt grub you have as your apotheosis. Much simpler to shoot the messenger.

Nothing burgers compared to the Project Veritas ones. These are just talking about what could be done , The DNC Veritas ones (Partictularly the Bob Creamer ones) had very clear admissions of wrongdoing.

Drawing a long bow to connect it to Trump as well.

The OIG discovered the secret server.
Wrong again Ripper.

The OIG report was an end result of a Republican campaign to find something, anything, against Clinton. They promised the earth with the Benghazi investigations and the best they could come up with was to try and hang her over procedural issues like handling email.

At least a (Republican administration appointed) special investigator is investigating if real crimes were committed.

I'm sure too the #releasethememo crowd will continue to be duped by Republican promises of "just wait until the truth comes out" like they have been since before Trump announced his candidacy.

only this so far, but I also share your concern.
I have seen reports that the tweet is fake. Yet there is a suggestion that the disclosure does cover 'videos, pictures, texts etc' . The follow up to that is naturally , why is that section required.

I'm sure too the #releasethememo crowd will continue to be duped by Republican promises of "just wait until the truth comes out" like they have been since before Trump announced his candidacy.
Just as I'm sure the anti-Trumpers will continue to be duped by "THIS will be the end of Drumpf" impeachment nonsense. No one of note will go down in the US, a few smaller fish on each side will take the fall and that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back