Oppo Camp Non-Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes even the ABC commentator said that he lined him up. Whoever it was then went on to say that he would like to see more of that. How stupid-more violence, more injury and damage to players, advantage to the team the thug is playing for-real smart stuff.

Unless our players do it. Then it's either flying the flag or playing tough and intimidating football.

The only mistake Walker made was getting Tuohy to the head. If he'd bumped him in the chest there would have been no issue.

Last edited:
And the media wonder why they don't get "exclusive access".

As Darcy said, what do they gain from a few airport shots rather then requesting to speak with him when the results come back. Instead it makes it look like the media there had absolutely nothing better to do than camp in a car park for a few seconds of footage of a guy on crutches getting into a car.

If they want to fix all this, the AFL need to sit down and address this and basically say "hey we will give you access to players but s**t like that needs to stop."
As a fan, I couldnt care less when they put up shorts of the players in a car park trying to walk and not cringe as they get asked the dumbest ******* questions by journos as they head into training/physio.
Which leads to point #2.
Journos, if you want better access, lift your ******* game. Honestly, watching post game pressers is the ******* worst. Its almost devolved to "so you lost, are you unhappy about that?" sort of stuff.
If they want better access to the players, actually put some effort into what they are asking because the last 4 interviews I have seen with players and coaches have been laughable.
You are getting better questions and journalistic integrity from Roaming ******* Brian. Let that sink in.

Theres 2 ways of looking at that - and no one wants anyone to get hurt - but what Tex did - was a bit of old school stuff

I went to a Geel v Coll game - Victoria Park early 80s - packed house . Glen Middlemiss ( who suffered from white line fever ) was playing full forward for the Cats - he got the ball about 20 metres out from goal - he tucked the ball under one arm - and poor little Ronnie Wearmouth came in from the side - and Middlemiss in true G Ablett Snr style - with the other arm - lifted the elbow and hit Wearmouth flush on the nose - the crowd went nuts - they were at a fever pitch . Umpire Robinson - i can see it now -rushed in at a million miles an hour - blowing the pea out of his whistle

Ive got to say it was exciting - and no one got really hurt
This is not the eighties anymore, and the rules say the intentionally hitting a guy in the head is a suspendable offence.

Yikes, Stephen Silvagni on footy classified ... such arrogance with a 100% combative attitude at literally everything. A picture of systematic cultural dysfunction where a club legend has been untouchable his whole life and no one at Carlton would dare raise a tiny finger or call him on anything. Contrast him with what Stephen Wells has been in the last near 20 years in the same role..
Could not have happened to a nicer bunch of Blue flogs.

GO Catters

Curtly Hampton has announced his retirement, effective immediately, citing no more love for the game.

Of course, Richmond flogs are commenting that the Tigers are so good, they can force a man to lose his love for the game.

Dream on, dickheads.

What sort of questions should they ask?
Maybe better questions about the tactics of the match, or about more of the match ups.

Or maybe it comes down to just not having the trash questions. Like when Worsfold was ask if he preferred the Essendon of the Carlton game or the Essendon of the Geelong game. Are you serious?

Or watch the presser snippet in this link;
https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/e...sfolds-prickly-press-conference-ng-b88838395z

And then you have people like Mike Sheehan coming out and saying "Oh why would Worsfold react that way they are asking legitimate questions."

Mike. Come on buddy.

Curtly Hampton has announced his retirement, effective immediately, citing no more love for the game.

Of course, Richmond flogs are commenting that the Tigers are so good, they can force a man to lose his love for the game.

Dream on, dickheads.
Richmond? Plz. Just being in Adelaide would drain many of all their positive emotions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I woudln't try to defend Geelong neither

As someone who lives in Melbourne and has family in both Geelong and Adelaide - Adelaide would be the last place I'd choose to live. Everyone knows everyone there - it is horrible. It is very condensed and outside of Adelaide and its satellite suburbs, there are not a whole lot of interesting places to go. Geelong has a huge number of surrounding towns, FAR more to do and much less traffic.

As someone who lives in Melbourne and has family in both Geelong and Adelaide - Adelaide would be the last place I'd choose to live. Everyone knows everyone there - it is horrible. It is very condensed and outside of Adelaide and its satellite suburbs, there are not a whole lot of interesting places to go. Geelong has a huge number of surrounding towns, FAR more to do and much less traffic.
Yeah that's the main problem with Adelaide. It's a very, very long drive to anywhere good.
Unless you like winery's and that s**t I guess.
I've heard there's a baby panda at the zoo though.

Yeah that's the main problem with Adelaide. It's a very, very long drive to anywhere good.
Unless you like winery's and that s**t I guess.
I've heard there's a baby panda at the zoo though.

And even the baby pander probably spends 99.9999% of its time high up in a tree. Pandas are the king of false advertising animals.
Whenever I go to see one, you can't bloody see it because its up in the tree.

Maybe better questions about the tactics of the match, or about more of the match ups.

Or maybe it comes down to just not having the trash questions. Like when Worsfold was ask if he preferred the Essendon of the Carlton game or the Essendon of the Geelong game. Are you serious?

Or watch the presser snippet in this link;
https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/e...sfolds-prickly-press-conference-ng-b88838395z

And then you have people like Mike Sheehan coming out and saying "Oh why would Worsfold react that way they are asking legitimate questions."

Mike. Come on buddy.

But coaches rarely answer those questions with any depth. A guy like Chris Scott will just recycle some generic response about them watching the tapes and analysing it later or something, or the coach will get agitated by journos trying to talk about things they're not perceived to understand so they get chewed out over it. The whole thing is really a rather fruitless exercise.

it reinforced my view that the producers at the company instructed the performers to have more 'flair'. he and others were good in the 2000s and sometime early in the 2010s some dickhead had a brainstorm on how to 'improve' their coverage of footy. would be interesting to see if the other sports suffered at that channel.

Really enjoyed the interview with Bruce on The Front Bar tonight. Don't care what anyone says, the man is a class act and a great caller.

Love Bruce and everything about him. Nothing seems contrived with him (which was great to hear him talk about last night). It's always genuine passion, he gets caught up in the moment, his love of the game cuts through everything.

I think I've become more of a fan as I've got older. As commentators get "edgier," every single thing becomes scrutinised and criticised, but Bruce just commentates with that same sense of joy and enthusiasm he's always had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back