No Youth

Remove this Banner Ad

I think they were referring to his physical development more so than his playing ability

You said some have suggested he should play in the VFL Development League - just giving you a friendly heads up that it no longer exists so there is little chance of that happening.

You said some have suggested he should play in the VFL Development League - just giving you a friendly heads up that it no longer exists so there is little chance of that happening.

Yep.....aware of that.
Perhaps I could have worded my original comments differently

Nonetheless, it’s great to see Ross contributing most weeks and some good feedback from regular BH watchers.

One to watch no doubt

Burton and Worpel both named in the AFL team of the week. #NoYouf
Didn't see Hardwick in the coach's votes or team of the week, but I thought he had one of his very best games for the club on the weekend. His desperation at ground level is excellent, it stopped Geelong at halfway constantly in those second and third quarters and set up our win.
#noyouf

Anyone see the under 22 all AFL squad just released? No Hawks. Would of thought Hardwick would be a lock. Probably even Burton and maybe Morrison too. Some of the names on it are hilarious

it sounds like propaganda to boost the media profiles of some high draft picks taken by clubs that continue to fail, not worth looking at imo, just make your own opinion on good players, it will hold more value than most of the AFL media.

it sounds like propaganda to boost the media profiles of some high draft picks taken by clubs that continue to fail, not worth looking at imo, just make your own opinion on good players, it will hold more value than most of the AFL media.
Good point... Similar to Burton losing the rising star. The AFL wouldn't want people thinking Hawthorn are going to be any good in the next few years, not good for there equalisation agenda

Anyone see the under 22 all AFL squad just released? No Hawks. Would of thought Hardwick would be a lock. Probably even Burton and maybe Morrison too. Some of the names on it are hilarious
It's based on performance this year alone so Burton while being a great prospect hasn't been at his best this year. Morrison is a promising young player but i think he is behind most on that list at the moment, a lot of them are in 3rd or 4th year of playing AFL.

Hardwick missing out is a joke though, should walk in to that squad and the team. One of the better small defenders in the comp not even taking his age in to consideration.

Yea doesn't turn 22 until Feb next year
What a horrible oversight by the selectors then.

Has been one of our most consistent players this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a horrible oversight by the selectors then.

Has been one of our most consistent players this year.

Andrew McGrath making it in and not Hardwick is a shocking call as McGrath has been down on last year.

So I went back
Breust made it twice
Gunston once
Last year Sic and Burton made it
We've had 5 players make the team over 6 years, nobody in 15 or 16
So they never rated Hill

So I went back
Breust made it twice
Gunston once
Last year Sic and Burton made it
We've had 5 players make the team over 6 years, nobody in 15 or 16
So they never rated Hill
If only we had a coach of the year to teach the kids how to play....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back