Bluemour Discussion Thread X

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aphrodite given this is now a Mod Q&A session - how are the boards so radically different? Crows go troppo at each other and get real nasty, isn’t there some standard u guys try to set site wide?

Swings and roundabouts.

Read the mood of the board by and large. Other boards may have more mod turnover and take different approaches. Very hard for recent posters to put on a mod's hat and pull up posters who have been behaving a certain way for a long time. They all talk behind the scenes about how best to handle situations. They all go from relaxed rules to stricter rules depending on the vibe on the board.

We had a crap year, everybody is on edge and opinions are miles apart. These are awful years for mods and sometimes things have to be tightened and we just ride out the storm.

You're right. More banzhammer needed!

You rang! :D

358eea.jpg

Swings and roundabouts.

Read the mood of the board by and large. Other boards may have more mod turnover and take different approaches. Very hard for recent posters to put on a mod's hat and pull up posters who have been behaving a certain way for a long time. They all talk behind the scenes about how best to handle situations. They all go from relaxed rules to stricter rules depending on the vibe on the board.

We had a crap year, everybody is on edge and opinions are miles apart. These are awful years for mods and sometimes things have to be tightened and we just ride out the storm.
Cheers ODN - Aph probably would have just told me to shut up :)

Fair points mostly but show Me the other gorillas in our lineup ????
If you give Weitering a few years (ie, when he's actually at full size, roundabout 23-25) then he absolutely will be able to play on the monster KPF as pure lockdown as well as intercept and a leader of that back six. His issues right now can be drawn almost entirely from needing to play on whoever is getting out at the moment, whether that's Membrey - a pure leading forward with pace but not really a height/strength KPP - or Hawkins, or Franklin.

Give him that time, and make that his position/role, and watch him develop into that player. Our issue isn't playing him before he's ready, it's in surrounding him with negligable support relative to the rest of the competition, and ensuring via weakness of midfield that we suffer 45+ entries every single week.

Which part was worse though ?
The vigorous exchange of views?
Personal attacks are s**t and but don't ever settle for vanilla There are better flavours out there.

Not sure Harks , you were involved in a few , what did you think . You coped some personal attacks that were unwarranted, and TC was the loser when you left .

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No sure Harks , you were involved in a few , what did you think . You coped some personal attacks that were unwarranted, and TC was the loser when you left .

I did cop some but ultimately at least some of my views were proved wrong.
I have to admit that.

Sometimes we just want to hear what we want to hear and push aside other views. That's not healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back