List Mgmt. 2018 List Management: Contracts, Trading, Drafting, Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isaac Cumming No 1
My thoughts on Keefe and Reid is the need to meet the required list turnover numbers and with so far only Griffen confirmed and then Mohr likely I see at least three more spots required and Keefe has been overtaken by Taylor IMO and I do see him as an option to keep on the rookie list as depth and I could see the club picking a KPD in the draft and Koschitzke is rated around the 30s so he would be around one of the clubs picks IMO and at 196cms and 94 kgs he has the size already
Reid has had three years on the rookie list so would need to be upgraded or delisted and I can't see a spot on the list for him unless the club goes with 39/40 players or Shiel/Setterfield leave and I could see Perryman playing his role next season and others coming in either a developing Shipley Bonar or this years first pick
Again just an opinion I have and I do have great loyalty to the Giants players but as was mentioned in a couple of interviews with players some tough choices will need to be made on the list and I think TOJ was one of those
I am sure we will have some news this week on delisting/retirements and then requested trades late next week

Last edited:

Isaac Cumming No 1
My thoughts on Keefe and Reid is the need to meet the required list turnover numbers and with so far only Griffen confirmed and then Mohr likely I see at least three more spots required and Keefe has been overtaken by Taylor IMO and I do see him as an option to keep on the rookie list as depth and I could see the club picking a KPD in the draft and Koschitzke is rated around the 30s so he would be around one of the clubs picks IMO and at 196cms and 94 kgs he has the size already
Reid has had three years on the rookie list so would need to be upgraded or delisted and I can't see a spot on the list for him unless the club goes with 39/40 players or Shiel/Setterfield leave and I could see Perryman playing his role next season and others coming in either a developing Shipley or this years first pick
Again just an opinion I have and I do have great loyalty to the Giants players but as was mentioned in a couple of interviews with players some tough choices will need to be made on the list and I think TOJ was one of those
I am sure we will have some news this week on delisting/retirements and then requested trades late next week
I get you're not being disloyal. We do have different opinions though. I dont know what will happen.

Loyalty is really challenged by Tim Mohr whose been a great servant and TOJ whose been with us forever I think. I do agree in the hard cold light if day both of those are likely to go.

I do think Keefe and Reid deserve a spot on the list.

I get you're not being disloyal. We do have different opinions though. I dont know what will happen.

Loyalty is really challenged by Tim Mohr whose been a great servant and TOJ whose been with us forever I think. I do agree in the hard cold light if day both of those are likely to go.

I do think Keefe and Reid deserve a spot on the list.

I have trust in those making the decisions and I will see what happens over the next few weeks

I have trust in those making the decisions and I will see what happens over the next few weeks
I do as well. :)More than most I think it's good that people that know more than I do make the decisions.
There's undoubtedly a lot goes on in the inner sanctum that the club keeps very private. That's as it should be I think.

It's going to be a long off-season if we re-post every random's Facebook and Twitter post. That one hasn't even existed for more than six weeks. The modus operandi of all of them is to just re-post rumours (if you're lucky) or literally make it up (if you're not) in order to get likes.

I think it is someone doing a creative writing course or some kind of social experiment in human behaviour

Surprised the person didn't include Scully in the rumour as well but honestly just some neanderthal who is wanting the comp to just go back to the VFL and the days of members tin rattling

It's going to be a long off-season if we re-post every random's Facebook and Twitter post. That one hasn't even existed for more than six weeks. The modus operandi of all of them is to just re-post rumours (if you're lucky) or literally make it up (if you're not) in order to get likes.
Shame we have no other Giants footy to talk about :(

Got to grab what we can

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I do like the prospect of Patrick Cripps moving to GWS in exchange for Finlayson & our future 1st round pick?

maybe Carlton need to throw Kreuzer in as knives?
Put it on a Facebook page and it'll be reported everywhere by tomorrow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As always the strong teams get stronger and the weak weaker.

Players looking for trades now a days just look for premiership contention clubs and that's it

Do you blame the players? Would you change work places to go to a successful, vibrant, well run one or one that isn't run well and/or achieving success?

Do you blame the players? Would you change work places to go to a successful, vibrant, well run one or one that isn't run well and/or achieving success?
So which one is GWS in this analogy? o_O

So which one is GWS in this analogy? o_O
I mean in general mate. It's just a beef I have at the moment. Look at Gold coast all the good players want to go to Richmond, hawthorn etc etc. You never see them go. "I want to go on big money and help a lowly club climb the ladder"

The poster above is correct, it's human nature but it just shits me that players now just play a few years and then "nominate" wherever they like

Melbourne has delisted Bugg, chance to return for a rookie spot with us if Reid is delisted? Was the best 3km runner at Melbourne last pre-season and if we take him back will boost an area we pride ourselves on. A 3km trial with Scully, Tommo, Kelly, Whitfield, De Boer, Bugg, Cogs, Greene, Taranto, Ward, Keefe and Shipley all competing would no doubt raise the bar for the whole club and especially the new kids coming through. There is some merit to keeping Reid on the list but i am not convinced his body holds up and Bugg could do the same role as him whilst spending more time on the park. Would still love for Reid to stay at the club in a development or coaching capacity as he along with Dyl Buckley seemingly get along very well with all the players.

Last edited:
I mean in general mate. It's just a beef I have at the moment. Look at Gold coast all the good players want to go to Richmond, hawthorn etc etc. You never see them go. "I want to go on big money and help a lowly club climb the ladder"

The poster above is correct, it's human nature but it just shits me that players now just play a few years and then "nominate" wherever they like

I get what you're saying but I wonder if the issue with GC is partly they're struggling to build a environment where players want to stay. The Lions were in a similar boat but very little noise about players wanting out now they look like they're building something good.

Supposing you were Lobb and wanted to go back to WA, just supposing. If you had the choice of club you'd likely do research on both. The offer would be a huge part of the decision if course. The comfort level with the club might matter a bit. The quality of training/rehab facilities. If you had friends there that gave a positive vibe that might matter a bit too.

Then maybe you look at the chance of success. If nothing else successful clubs are likely happier places. Not sure that would be WC who have made the GF this year and not Freo who finished down the table though. It wont work picking on choosing on previous success and surely you'd plan to be there for a while. Freo have more than their fair share of young talent and quite a few if the Eagles stars are getting on.

If you were looking at a Vic club would you pick the Hawks to be trained by the best coach in the business and the most successful club in recent times, or the Demons who have an exciting list and look likely to contend for a while?

I think it might be a bit more complicated than every player wanting to pile into the premiers each year.

I was commenting specifically on the post I replied to, given the context was Lobb looking to leave us.

I was commenting specifically on the post I replied to, given the context was Lobb looking to leave us.
Got ya. Fair call.

My brain is still very much delusioned by West Coasts impending flag.

I'm preparing my bunker to disappear into as we speak. Digging is almost complete

Melbourne has delisted Bugg, chance to return for a rookie spot with us if Reid is delisted? Was the best 3km runner at Melbourne last pre-season and if we take him back will boost an area we pride ourselves on. A 3km trial with Scully, Tommo, Kelly, Whitfield, De Boer, Bugg, Cogs, Greene, Taranto, Ward, Keefe and Shipley all competing would no doubt raise the bar for the whole club and especially the new kids coming through. There is some merit to keeping Reid on the list but i am not convinced his body holds up and Bugg could do the same role as him whilst spending more time on the park. Would still love for Reid to stay at the club in a development or coaching capacity as he along with Dyl Buckley seemingly get along very well with all the players.
Mate Reid is going nowhere

I’m not sure it’s fair that blokes keep throwing his name away when discussing delistings. He played 14 games and played in the 1s when fit.

He will stay

General Giant, did you see that rumour about Scully seeking a trade was on Twitter today. In the tweet it indicated a team mate who was intoxicated last night was heard mentioning.

Hopefully not true but it’s something I heard a few months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back