Golf World Golf thread - Foreign and Domestic

Remove this Banner Ad

Did they not use analytics? Madness. Furyk must have been a pushover for some of the heavyweights.

My understanding just from listening to Johnny Miller was that they had guys like Mickelson out there for the absolute wrong format based on where he hits the damn ball...and that other pairings were completely mismatched due to the cool kids wanting to play together, etc..

I also am tending to agree with the criticisms that our boys don't like to play tough venues. It is routine here that if they bitch and moan enough about a course it gets dropped first chance Tour gets.

I know it is a few days late, but just like to say, the Ryder cupthis year was some of the best T.V. golf I have watched, loved every minute of it, even if I was sleep deprived from it.

That course was absolutely amazing and a great venue.

Kevin Tway wins the Safeway Open on the USPGA Tour on the third playoff hole from Ryan Moore. Snedeker lost on the first playoff hole after blowing a five shot lead earlier in the round.

Kevin Tway wins the Safeway Open on the USPGA Tour on the third playoff hole from Ryan Moore. Snedeker lost on the first playoff hole after blowing a five shot lead earlier in the round.

That's T-way!

Great weekend for gagging after Tyrell Hatton reeled off 4 bogeys in the last 9 holes last night to cough up the Links Trophy in Scotland from a seemingly unloseable position.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Considering heading down to Metropolitan either Thursday or Friday next week to see how the pros do it in the World Cup of Golf.

Never been to a pro event before, wondering whether its worth while going and any tips on getting the most out of a day there?

Considering heading down to Metropolitan either Thursday or Friday next week to see how the pros do it in the World Cup of Golf.

Never been to a pro event before, wondering whether its worth while going and any tips on getting the most out of a day there?

It's amazing, and Metropolitan is amazing.

i went to watch tiger at KH that time. i followed him. of course. Ive been told go to the range and watch them there. Lots of shots.
Also find out where you can sit and watch possible a green and following tee from one position. or something like that

Have played metro.....a few years ago. unfortunately the greens were cored, and i was carrying an injury. but the clubhouse is stunning and the surrounds beautiful. bunkers amazing.

Many years ago, me and two mates would play Melbourne’s best courses on Christmas morning. Over five or so years, we knocked off Metropolitan, KH, Royal Melbourne (where a kind member helped us play the composite course) and Huntingdale.

We would arrive at 6am and just stroll on. Got asked a few times by members if we were members, which of course we weren’t. Only one bloke cracked it, at Huntingdale, but his partners told him to have some Christmas spirit and so he didn’t take it further.

Was a great way to play great courses whilst being a poor uni student.

It's a great event and you should go. Unfortunately the field is not of the same quality as 2016 (Fowler, Molinari, Rahm, Matsuyama, Scott, Cabrera-Bello, McDowell, Noren, Li). That was a great tournament.

Not sure where the practice fairway will be. No way can these blokes hit drivers on the restricted range at Metro.

Pro golf is always better live than on tv. Nothing quite like the quality of the ball striking of these guys.

The area round 12/13/14 is a good part of Metro as you'll get to see lots of holes close to one another.

Have fun.

Good start for the Aussies in the World Cup.

On a side note, is Tiger vs Phil going to available to watch in Australia?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back